Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Sep 19, 2017, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Currently on the most luxurious MD 90 ATL-STL
and the drink service is about 2/3 done in econonmy.....errrr....main cabin or whatever DL marketing calls it.

Nary a FA attending to the ultra exclusive FC just yet (35 minutes after take off).
Old Sep 19, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by apodo77
Nary a FA attending to the ultra exclusive FC just yet (35 minutes after take off).
Isn't that a self-serve flight?
Old Sep 19, 2017, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
When searching for flights, why can't the website just show all the flight options, rather than having to scroll to the bottom, then have to ask to see all and have to start at the top and scroll down again to the rest of the flights when it reloads?
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:50 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
When searching for flights, why can't the website just show all the flight options, rather than having to scroll to the bottom, then have to ask to see all and have to start at the top and scroll down again to the rest of the flights when it reloads?
Yeah, this is a good one, definitely not random or pathetic. Related complaint, when you sort by departure or arrival time, it's always earliest first, no way to reverse sort and see latest first.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 6:53 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pvn
Yeah, this is a good one, definitely not random or pathetic. Related complaint, when you sort by departure or arrival time, it's always earliest first, no way to reverse sort and see latest first.
I'm annoyed that they took away the amenity filter function. Now I have to hunt for lie-flat seats.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:02 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by pvn
You also can't sort by a specific time. I usually take afternoon and evening flights and would love to have a filter for flights after 2pm
Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
they USED TO have "See All Options" at the top of the results display
​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by pvn
Related complaint, when you sort by departure or arrival time, it's always earliest first, no way to reverse sort and see latest first.
Originally Posted by United747
You also can't sort by a specific time. I usually take afternoon and evening flights and would love to have a filter for flights after 2pm
related related complaint: "Sort By" (e.g., departure time) sticks when you change search parameters (e.g., date or origin) on the website, but not on the app

I have squawked these via "Contact Us" forms for a few years now, and have always seen the "Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention; we value your input as a PM member, and we will forward to our web/mobile interface team" or similar brushoff reply

yet another big to DL IT
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
clickbait new threads like this one
(I know, this is FT ... but what a waste of time and energy to even think there's value in this sort of stuff)
Old Sep 21, 2017, 9:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When sorting by arrival or departure time, no option on delta.dumb to showe results from the latest first. Often I need the last flight of the day, and I rarely take the first one if there's any choice. It's especially annoying when there are several pages of results, and you must click back and forth between show all and the order they are to be shown since delta.dumb has an annoying habit of returning to the "best match" ordering, which means the flights DL wants you to pick (for example, showing the most lightly booked flight first when there are a bunch of nonstops available at the same fare).
Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

similar -- no, pretty much identical -- rants posted only ~24 hrs apart, and only 5 posts upthread on the same page
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When sorting by arrival or departure time, no option on delta.dumb to showe results from the latest first....
Old Sep 21, 2017, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
In exit row aisle ATL-PBI and just ordered a cocktail. FA asks me to pay and I use a certificate.

Woman in the window orders a white wine and has her phone ready to use to pay and the FA says “no need to pay”

I feel very discriminated against since both were females. LOL
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:02 pm

Programs: DL, AA
R/T on a different airline" SNA-PHX-DRO / DRO-PHX-SNA in their version of C+.

Noticed passengers in First were not offered a PDB on any of the legs.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:26 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by ACCDraw
R/T on a different airline" SNA-PHX-DRO / DRO-PHX-SNA in their version of C+.

Noticed passengers in First were not offered a PDB on any of the legs.
Are you surprised?
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
When FAs give me my drink while holding the top of the cup.

​​​​​​
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:50 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
When FAs give me my drink while holding the top of the cup.

​​​​​​
Like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY42...utu.be&t=3m43s

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.