Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 5:37 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by mridley2
Orifice. Haha.

That's on the list with "panties."

Never to be used in polite company.
Fine. Aperture then.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by C W
Fine. Aperture then.
Great, now you've got me thinking about Half Life.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 9:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Great, now you've got me thinking about Half Life.
I did a double-take when I saw this at ABQ:

Name:  1504366122-picsay.jpg
Views: 616
Size:  176.7 KB
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:14 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Anytime someone mentions a celebrity in a flyertalk thread and 43 people trip over each other as they make sure everyone is aware that they don't know who this person is.
Keith2004 and synergistic like this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
The Delta smartphone app is "Fly Delta" so it alphabetizes under F.
kochleffel likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold

9. I'll give Delta one (crap, totally not intended..), given their a premium airline I could understand them being too stuffy to say "Anyone want some warm nuts".
9a. Why we have to keep track of all those forms of their, they're, there

13. The stickers that show the seat numbers (going along the OH bins) are red for C+ but not for F. Why?
I've thought about this too at random. I think gold leaf for the F seat number stickers would be appropriate. Make the Y- passengers shine them on the way back to 38F.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:20 am
pvn
Suspended

when people start a new thread to complain about something they should be complaining about here
Old Sep 12, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by pvn
when people start a new thread to complain about something they should be complaining about here
In a similar vein about new threads...

"What are my upgrade chances on this flight?" How many threads do we need to discuss every individual flight?

Every thread goes the same way.... I'm flying on Monday morning from ATL to LAX, I'm on a V fare, I'm an FO flying with a companion, my emotional support snake Reggie, and a lap child. The seat map shows full. Do you think I'll get an upgrade? Failing that what is the best way to talk myself into an upgrade? I'm coming back Thursday afternoon if that helps.

And the answers all go like this:

R1: You have zero chance at an upgrade.
R2: WFBF
R3: You could fly into ELP and drive, that would give you better upgrade chances
R4: you can try to fly on Saturday or a holiday
R5: You can't trust the seat map!
R6: I'm a Quintuple DM with the Reserve Card and I fly on YBM fares and I'm regularly 156th on the upgrade list for that flight

You get the idea...they all go the same way...rant over.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by kop84

"What are my upgrade chances on this flight?" How many threads do we need to discuss every individual flight?

Every thread goes the same way.... I'm flying on Monday morning from ATL to LAX, I'm on a V fare, I'm an FO flying with a companion, my emotional support snake Reggie, and a lap child. The seat map shows full. Do you think I'll get an upgrade? Failing that what is the best way to talk myself into an upgrade? I'm coming back Thursday afternoon if that helps.

And the answers all go like this:

R1: You have zero chance at an upgrade.
R2: WFBF
R3: You could fly into ELP and drive, that would give you better upgrade chances
R4: you can try to fly on Saturday or a holiday
R5: You can't trust the seat map!
R6: I'm a Quintuple DM with the Reserve Card and I fly on YBM fares and I'm regularly 156th on the upgrade list for that flight

You get the idea...they all go the same way...rant over.

When people start a new thread just to hear the answer they want to hear and get upset or are never heard from again when they are informed of reality. Sorry FO, you and your companion and your emotional support snake, fish, sheep, etc, will not be receiving a complementary upgrade on a D1 JFK-LAX flight and yes we will probably side with the DL employee rather than the passenger screaming at the DL employee who claims they were merely having an "intense argument" with the employee.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:09 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Non-revs are in Delta One! Why wasn't I upgraded?!?

Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:30 pm
pvn
Suspended

Yes! That and "best seats on MD-88?" type threads.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by pvn
Yes! That and "best seats on MD-88?" type threads.
A few more:

I'm flying to Europe in January. I can connect in MSP or JFK, what are the odds the flight get's cancelled?

I booked a 48 min connection, DL changed the schedule and now I have a 47 minute connection, will DL let me move to the non stop 3 weeks later?

Why are there no low miles seats to (popular destination) during (peak travel time)

How can DL think they can survive when they are so much more expensive on (one specific itinerary)? I can get it way cheaper on (another airline) Good luck staying out of bankruptcy!

I'm sure there are more, but I think we could use 6-10 more "Master" threads for topics that have been mentioned.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by fusionblue
This is pretty picky (in keeping with the nature of this thread), but Mister DL Platinum boards and gets "Hello Mister Surname, thank you for being a diamond member" or something thereabouts. I board, as VS Gold, and get "Hello Mister Surname" - the same screen they read "platinum" shows me as VS Gold.
I hate, HATE!! it when someone gets status bump at the door. Where do I claim my compensation and how much can I get?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
people who post explanations for editing their post immediately above ... c'mon, that's what the "Edit" button is for, as well as the "Reason for editing" box
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post28807776
Old Sep 12, 2017, 4:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jrl767
people who post explanations for editing their post immediately above ... c'mon, that's what the "Edit" button is for, as well as the "Reason for editing" box
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post28807776
... although the "reason for edting" box doesn't appear on the mobile interface.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.