Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Originally Posted by pvn
every time the "PDB, fading fast" thread is bumped
Do you not view lack of available PDBs, if unwarranted, to be a devaluation of service and worth a gripe?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:32 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by pvn
every time the "PDB, fading fast" thread is bumped
Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
Do you not view lack of available PDBs, if unwarranted, to be a devaluation of service and worth a gripe?
I personally find that thread irksome as well, because despite the natural instances of failure to receive PDBs, Delta really excels with them, especially as compared to any other US carrier. The title does not reflect that.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
While we're complaining about threads...

Seeing the DYKWIA thread get bumped only to click and find it's not a new and glorious story about a true DYKWIA.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
While catching up on FT threads at the end of a work-from-home day, having Mrs. Lee walk in the front door, thereby setting the dog into a frenzy and distracting me from my reading/posting.

Have a great weekend, FT!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by MEMLawGuy

Seeing the DYKWIA thread get bumped only to click and find it's not a new and glorious story about a true DYKWIA.
To me, that's a reasonable complaint.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:21 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
I don't think it's really worth blasting the entire group every time it happens. The thread was started YEARS ago out of fear that PDBs were being phased out as a policy. They don't always happen but it's clearly the exception and no, I don't think it's worth a gripe.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you are worried about devaluation, move to Spirit where things can only get better.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by TomMM
If you are worried about devaluation, move to Spirit where things can only get better.
Originally Posted by CNN
Spririt to charge passengers to use the lavatories.

July 7th, 2017

After Ryanair's failed attempt into making a profit on human nature, Spririt Airlines apparently now wants to be in on the action.

"Providing our passengers with the ability to chose how they want to travel, and to control their fares is key to what we do here at Spirit. And is just another way we ensure that we live upto our promise of the 'Bare Fare' and 'Frill Control'" Spirit CEO Robert Fornaro said in press release last night.

Passenger rights advocates like Gabor Lukacs on the other hand quickly opposed the idea and deemed this as a gross violation of human rights. "Regardless of what you're trying to accomplish, you can't make a profit off or limit something that is entirely out of someone's control. Further people on Spirit likely will have less cash on hand. What if some one is sick or a child is being potty trained what does this do for them?"

However, Robert brushed off the notion that what they were doing was unfair for passengers. Stating that by charging passengers for going to the bathroom beforehand actually they'd actually have a greater understanding of how it affects other airlines fares.

After the EU blocking Ryanair from charging for the use of their lavatories this really brings to question, will they even be able to do this in the first place?

Spirit definitely took note of what failed in Ryanair attempt and is instead trying to get by, by having passengers pay a $0.10/min charge at checkout when purchasing their tickets. With a limit of upto three hours per passenger- - totalling a staggering $72 for a family of four.

Passenger rights organizations and advocates a like have pushed the FAA and Supreme Court to act on the matter. So far either have yet to comment.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
When they do that, I'll start selling these at the gate

The Little John Pilot Urinal:

http://www.sportys.com/pilotshop/lit....html?___SID=U
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MEMLawGuy

Agreed. All that buttered popcorn and pop going to waste. It's a shame.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:35 pm

My "Premium Heated Nut Mix" on my flight the other day was ice cold. My complaint isn't that the nuts were cold (I am pretty indifferent to it actually), but that if I did want to complain, I couldn't possibly ask for them to be warmed up without the inevitable giggling and strange looks from the FA.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 2:57 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by TomMM

The Little John Pilot Urinal
When I went to my very first limo convention in Atlantic City - somewhere around 1986/87, a vendor was selling these, and sold out of them FAST!!!

Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels
When I went to my very first limo convention in Atlantic City - somewhere around 1986/87, a vendor was selling these, and sold out of them FAST!!!

That must be an interesting parking situation, plus how would you be able to tell who's important at that meeting when quite litterally everyone's getting out of a limo!
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:17 pm

Programs: delta dm
People that complain about other people complaining😁
Old Jul 14, 2017, 10:21 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
new petty gripe

Last night SFO->JFK there were no frozen yogurt bars. FA said they all melted, were refrozen, and became inedible ice blocks.

Also - got into a fight with some bitter girl behind me in the middle seat, who boarded late, bc I wouldn't take down my backpack to make room for her roll-aboard. (She didn't have to check it. There was room a few cabinets back. And I don't feel guilty for boarding first - as I've earned the right to do - and putting my backpack up so that I can actually have legroom.)

Also - same flight - got into a fight with a consultant type immediately behind me who kept passive-aggressively shoving my seat forward any time I reclined it. Finally turned around to confront the guy and he tried scolding me like a child. "I don't want to hear it! I don't want to hear it!" Told me I'd be sorry if my seat reclining caused damage to his laptop. Um, no, buddy. That's not how ANY of this works. (Not a tall person, not a large person, no special needs, he is exactly like me - a normal sized guy who wants to work on the plane.) Why should he get extra room? You want a ton of room? Fly up front. Job won't pay for it? Well neither will mine, life sucks.

Of course the two of them (unrelated as far as I could tell) were feeling quite unified against me.

People have lost their minds.

But I very much appreciate the existence of this thread.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.