Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 10:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by graytidy
Visited a couple skyclubs in DTW today, both had hot pulled pork. I asked where the buns were, they said there aren't any. I pointed out the ham sandwich buns would be perfectly serviceable, but they said they get those pre-assembled and thus they didn't have extras on hand.

Headed over to 38 skyclub where the hot food service is temporarily suspended due to remodelling, and guess what I see on the buffet?

Buns

... Delta?
Whelp, yeah it's weird how they handle food.

It is largely Suddexo. In addition to tasks in the kitchen they also hire a lot of the people who roam around the club and take your food from you.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 7:36 pm

I missed the end of the mask mandate by three days having flown on 4/15.
Synapseturquoise and Ordhater like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I feel like I'm starting to get irrationally annoyed with people's cleanliness here at LAX, especially in the brand new Sky Club. The amount of times I've seen people drop forks, napkins, etc. who then stare right at it and shrug their shoulders like you can't just pick it up yourself. Same thing with the bathrooms like you can't even drop the paper towels into the garbage can and they're fine with "close enough". Like sure, if you have limited mobility or a hidden condition that's one thing. I just feel like it's basic decency to pick up after yourself, especially if you acknowledge that you dropped something or missed the trash can.

Also on another note, I'm getting spammed with gate change notifications...where the new gate is exactly the same as the old one.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 4:09 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Also on another note, I'm getting spammed with gate change notifications...where the new gate is exactly the same as the old one.
Now that is the best one I have read in a long time in this thread

It's time that we all rebel against this invasion of our time and they should only announce gate changes after the flight has left, that should cut down on all the spurious announcements
MSPeconomist and zeke3 like this.
Old Apr 20, 2022, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
"It's time to check in" texts and in-app messages for flights you cancelled a week -- or a month, or more -- ago
Old Apr 20, 2022, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
Now that is the best one I have read in a long time in this thread

It's time that we all rebel against this invasion of our time and they should only announce gate changes after the flight has left, that should cut down on all the spurious announcements
I'm realizing where all these non-gate change notifications are coming from. The gate is the same, but they haven't decided if they should tell us that it's T2 or T3 since everyone has been used to checking in at T2, but now you need to go further down. The email that you receive is just titled as a gate change notification. But still to get 6 notifications each via text, app, and email within the span of 15 minutes is just excessive, especially if they went and decided to actually change your gate from T2 to TBIT.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:30 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by HeyItsMK;[url=tel:34181974
34181974[/url]]I feel like I'm starting to get irrationally annoyed with people's cleanliness here at LAX, especially in the brand new Sky Club. The amount of times I've seen people drop forks, napkins, etc. who then stare right at it and shrug their shoulders like you can't just pick it up yourself. Same thing with the bathrooms like you can't even drop the paper towels into the garbage can and they're fine with "close enough". Like sure, if you have limited mobility or a hidden condition that's one thing. I just feel like it's basic decency to pick up after yourself, especially if you acknowledge that you dropped something or missed the trash can.

this is a big pet peeve of mine. And I grew up in one of those countries where people made a living picking up your McDonald’s trays after you were done eating.
Goodoldflyer likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by fsuj25
this is a big pet peeve of mine. And I grew up in one of those countries where people made a living picking up your McDonald’s trays after you were done eating.
It's really not so hard to leave a place better than you found it.

Pass it on.
ebayj, GoBob, catmndu and 5 others like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 12:34 am

I'm going to complain about Scoot not sending a single text to my phone at all. I did give them the correct number. I actually had to move my neck muscles and look at the departure boards to find which gate to go to.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 6:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Scoot is part of SQ, right? What's the connection to DL?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 8:46 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
With branded Grown Alchemist products (re?)appearing in the Sky Club restrooms, there is once again the issue that the hand cream and soap bottles look very similar. They're labeled, but it wasn't easy to read (or maybe I'm just old ) I remember they added paper "collars" to the M+G bottles to make it more obvious...
Old May 1, 2022, 9:23 am

Programs: Lame Duck Delta PM, Freshly Minted AA EXP
Had 2 schedule "changes" this weekend. The first, an exactly 1 minute change in an arrival time. The second, a 14-minute departure time change on the first daily flight SNA-ATL. This flight is always one that joins the 07:00 conga line out of SNA--it never changes. Why bother with these?
Old May 11, 2022, 9:06 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
SFO SC agent is apparently helping someone with a rebooking that entails calling in. They're on hold, on speakerphone, so they're Rickrolling this side of the club with the awful sax music
Old May 11, 2022, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
SFO SC agent is apparently helping someone with a rebooking that entails calling in. They're on hold, on speakerphone, so they're Rickrolling this side of the club with the awful sax music
That's setting a bad example for lounge guests. It's unnecessarily annoying, not random or pathetic.
Old May 11, 2022, 11:10 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
With branded Grown Alchemist products (re?)appearing in the Sky Club restrooms, there is once again the issue that the hand cream and soap bottles look very similar. They're labeled, but it wasn't easy to read (or maybe I'm just old ) I remember they added paper "collars" to the M+G bottles to make it more obvious...
Important breaking news!! On today's visit at SFO, I noticed that they swapped out all the hand cream bottles for Le Labo, which are light-colored vs. the dark-colored Grown Alchemist soap bottles. Dunno which brand the actual contents are, but at least now they're easier to tell apart visually (once you know).
obscure2k likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.