Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2022, 8:14 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by IggySD
Tonight in the ATL A SC one of the hot dishes is labeled macaroni and cheese. The pasta used however appears to be penne. Unacceptable false advertising.
Oh my goodness, this embodies the spirit of the random, pathetic rant. Well played!
IggySD, MSPpete, strickerj and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 5, 2022, 10:19 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Tonight in the ATL A SC one of the hot dishes is labeled macaroni and cheese. The pasta used however appears to be penne. Unacceptable false advertising.
Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie
Oh my goodness, this embodies the spirit of the random, pathetic rant. Well played!
It’s good, but a little short on ranting.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 3:35 pm

I'm sorry if this has already been complained about, but every Sky Club I've ever been in has a little black plastic square / drip-catcher under the water and iced tea dispensers that raises the standard Sky Club glassware just high enough that it can't be slid directly in or out from the spout of the dispenser without tilting the glass, thus ensuring that I have to either (i) underfill the glass by the proper amount to allow for such tilting, (ii) spill liquid into the black plastic square (perhaps an ingenious maneuver by the plastic drip-catchers' union or (iii) remove the plastic drip-catcher, fill my glass, and (ideally) replace the drip-catcher fast enough to avoid any drippage while I'm sliding.

During the depths of Covid, this became the problem of the person serving me iced tea but they avoided it by using plastic cups. Now that I'm allowed to dispense my own beverages, it's back.
strickerj and dmarge18 like this.
Old Jan 7, 2022, 5:55 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA

Complaining about an upgrade.

Well played.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 4:59 am

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Super annoyed!!! Did a same day change on a Transcon today from SEA flight to LAX flight (and I hate direct flights) so a couple could clear together into Delta One ; and they no showed/cancelled after I swapped!!!! Argh!!! The nerve of these people ! And this all happened in the past 45 min!!
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, BA Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, Radisson Premium, Global Entry, CLEAR
Just like another person’s terrible, heart wrenching SkyClub experience regarding the mac and cheese, I am also suffering so hard from the fact that the mac and cheese at the ATL B SkyClub is indeed penne as well. I don’t know how I will ever overcome such terrible mistreatment, the horror!
Old Jan 9, 2022, 8:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Pasta shortages?
Old Jan 9, 2022, 10:13 pm

I hate it on the rare occasion I have to catch a red eye and it's regular seats in F but lay flat seats during the day. WHY?!?!?!
Pianoman109876 likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Milesaway76
I hate it on the rare occasion I have to catch a red eye and it's regular seats in F but lay flat seats during the day. WHY?!?!?!
usually because those planes witht the D1 seats are being positioned for more profitable routes than the one you're on. it's not like they're sitting idle while you're on your particular redeye.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
c'mon, enough with buzzkill ... this *IS* the Hall of Rants, where we don't need serious answers
Old Jan 10, 2022, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Pasta shortages?

Supply chain for smooth pasta.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by coke cans and winglets
Just like another person’s terrible, heart wrenching SkyClub experience regarding the mac and cheese, I am also suffering so hard from the fact that the mac and cheese at the ATL B SkyClub is indeed penne as well. I don’t know how I will ever overcome such terrible mistreatment, the horror!
​​​​​​​Inflation is everywhere. Pasta is not exempted.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 5:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Related piece from the world of investigative pasta reporting: https://www.grubstreet.com/2020/12/2...stigation.html

DL rant: booked 3x pax recently, and post booking the computer had put me and mom (GM) in non-adjacent preferred seats and a 2nd non-status companion 5-10 rows behind us on each segment of the trip. Even though the 3rd non-status pax made the reservation ineligible for comp upgrades, we should have been able to get 3 preferred seats (and the Y cabins were mostly empty)

Didn't really care because I then immediately called to clear into available OY space, but srsly w.t.f.DLIT... I've never booked 3+ before, but have booked 2 pax many times and have always been seated together.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 8:42 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
The last few award tickets I've booked for the perfesser and me, the system has auto-assigned me to a preferred seat and my non-status +1 to a non-preferred seat. It let my PM self pick C+ seats just fine for both of us after that but I wonder if they're putting the IT process in place for some sort of future 'enhancement'.
Old Jan 10, 2022, 10:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
had that exact scenario last month when I was booking with the AmEx companion ticket … skipped seat selection in anticipation of C+ upgrades within a few minutes, and was not thrilled with the defaults :/

UGs came through on three of four segments as expected; the fourth was ~24 hrs later
Originally Posted by beachmouse
… but I wonder if they're putting the IT process in place for some sort of future 'enhancement'…
I’m equally cynical …

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.