Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
The new DM brag tags are too clangy and a almost too braggy.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I have not seen a snack basket in C+ in 2 weeks now. Is this dead? Flights are 900+ miles. When I ask they just say "no we don't have that".
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:20 pm

Sometimes the on the IFE the volume is too low, but going one click up and the volume is to high!
puck021, Keith2004 and MEABFlyer like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
People that ask me to close the window shade on a flight in the middle of the day. Then get REAL upset when I refuse. Not because the light is shining directly in their eyes. Not because they want to watch a movie. Because they want to sleep.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 1:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/MR Plat, Kimpton IC, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lucycan
I have not seen a snack basket in C+ in 2 weeks now. Is this dead? Flights are 900+ miles. When I ask they just say "no we don't have that".
that’s actually a legitimate rant. They promote that you get enhanced snacks.
MEABFlyer and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 1, 2019, 3:26 pm

People that ask me to close the window shade on a flight in the middle of the day. Then get REAL upset when I refuse. Not because the light is shining directly in their eyes. Not because they want to watch a movie. Because they want to sleep.
I am often irritated in the other direction - I booked a window so I could sleep. With the window down for the vast majority of the flight. If you ask me while I'm still awake, I'll almost definitely agree and pull out my sleep mask. If you wait until I'm already sleeping, I'm likely to be cranky and might even refuse, depending on the manner in which the request was made. My seat, my window, my shade.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: DL UA WN AMTK
I've had it where my flight was entirely during daytime, I booked a window shade because I wanted to look outside, and specifically sat on the side away from the sun so it didn't shine directly into the cabin, and was still told to close it. This was a westbound TATL flight that was timed at 11 AM to 1 PM and there was a lot of cool Greenland/Labrador scenery that I didn't get to see. Meanwhile on the eastbound red-eyes that are maybe 7 hours long, they kept the cabin lights on full blast until meal service was done with only 4.5 hours left to go. It's like they wanted us to sleep during the day and be awake all night.
strickerj likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:22 am

They label the headphones in D1 L & R. Unfortunately, the cord comes out of the L side and it always seems that the audio plug is on my right side. I have to flip the headphones around so the cord doesn't tangle around me, but then I have the L on my right ear and the R on my left ear, and even though there is no difference in sound or comfort, it really bothers me.
puck021, davetravels and 8420PR like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:49 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by KKILR3
I've had it where my flight was entirely during daytime, I booked a window shade because I wanted to look outside, and specifically sat on the side away from the sun so it didn't shine directly into the cabin, and was still told to close it. This was a westbound TATL flight that was timed at 11 AM to 1 PM and there was a lot of cool Greenland/Labrador scenery that I didn't get to see. Meanwhile on the eastbound red-eyes that are maybe 7 hours long, they kept the cabin lights on full blast until meal service was done with only 4.5 hours left to go. It's like they wanted us to sleep during the day and be awake all night.
Who told you to close it? Crew or another pax? I always try to pick my window seat so I'm not on the sunny side because I much prefer actual daylight over the cabin lighting. No crew should ever have an issue with this on a midday TATL crossing. Other pax can book the window or bring eye masks if they want to control the daylight.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: DL UA WN AMTK
Originally Posted by TuxTom
Who told you to close it? Crew or another pax? I always try to pick my window seat so I'm not on the sunny side because I much prefer actual daylight over the cabin lighting. No crew should ever have an issue with this on a midday TATL crossing. Other pax can book the window or bring eye masks if they want to control the daylight.
It was crew. This would have been a great situation for a dimmed 787 window but unfortunately this was a 767.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 10:54 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
This could have been mentioned before, but I will rant regardless.

The tram at DTW is down, but the monitors still show the little icon, as if to mock me...
puck021 and strickerj like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 11:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My new (metal!) DM brag tags don't say 2MM.....and one of them arrived with a scratch in the middle.
puck021 and Ryno1234 like this.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by KKILR3

It was crew. This would have been a great situation for a dimmed 787 window but unfortunately this was a 767.
That's annoying. Fortunately my only TATL trip booked right now is a 787 on the westbound.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
The tray tables on the CR2 are way too big for the area they occupy and should be half that size.

The POS (size) next to me today couldn’t even use it for her drink
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:17 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
There are 25 science fiction movies currently on the inflight entertainment. I’ve already seen them all.

5 of them I’ve seen at home and not on a plane. The other 20 I’ve watched thanks to Delta. They need to change them more often.

(And that includes watching Ready Player One a number of times – ‘cuz I like it – as well as watching a few others more than once, and even suffering through a bunch of the crappy ones)
AeRoSpaceman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.