Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2019, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Platinum, and assorted hotel loyalty schemes.
I flew with my family on Christmas day. My better half made the reservations and booked us in seats behind the midpoint of the plane. That was the first time that I sat that far back in a plane in long time. I forgot what it feels like back there. I didn't like it.

Oh, and we take our Christmas tree down roughly one day after I am told "we" should take it down because it has become a fire hazard.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: SkyMiles 2018 PM, 2019 PM, 2020 PM, 2021 PM, 2022 PM, 2023 PM...
The student who messaged me an excuse about a cancelled flight hasn't messaged me the flight details yet. I'm very curious about whether or not I'm being lied to...
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 6:42 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
The DTW Sky Club dining area has one TV tuned to Fox News and the other on CNN. That's fine, except they have Fox on the left and CNN on the right when it should clearly be the other way around
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
I feel a little churlish complaining because I just found four C+ tickets on the same PNR for a reasonable number of miles so family could come visit us during peak local tourism season. But does Delta really need to try to sell me priority boarding as an add-on when the tickets are already C+?
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak
The DTW Sky Club dining area has one TV tuned to Fox News and the other on CNN. That's fine, except they have Fox on the left and CNN on the right when it should clearly be the other way around
you mentioned this while we were having coffee there ... so I’m not at all surprised to see this post
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I feel a little churlish complaining because I just found four C+ tickets on the same PNR for a reasonable number of miles so family could come visit us during peak local tourism season. But does Delta really need to try to sell me priority boarding as an add-on when the tickets are already C+?
the more significant question is whether they would actually charge you if you clicked “Purchase” ... oh, wait, never mind, this is Delta IT ...
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
Do you want them to paint one TV red and the other one blue?
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:39 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Currently sitting on DL3642 MSP/PIT. We taxied out, and during deicing, a FA called the Captain to tell him that an overhead bin door wouldn't stay shut. He took a look at it, and we are now back at the gate with 2 mechanics working on it.

Here's the kicker. . . . This is a BRAND NEW SkyWest CR9! I was just in the lav, and didn't recognize the layout, so I asked about it, and was told the plane is a brand new with a 70 seat config with (supposedly) more legroom and power outlets at EVERY seat, vs the old 76 seat config.

Last edited by davetravels; Jan 16, 2019 at 9:25 am
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:36 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
I hate how the pilot keeps announcing the arrival time, then brags about how we'll be early, then we sit on the ground and end up being late because the gate wasn't ready.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I hate how the pilot keeps announcing the arrival time, then brags about how we'll be early, then we sit on the ground and end up being late because the gate wasn't ready.
OMG yes this.

A, I hate when they speak at all. There is literally nothing they can say that is actionable or I can't figure out myself with my phone or the seat screens. Pilots love to hear themselves talk. Like your grampa going on and on and on about nothing except the pilot is not related to me so I do not feel any need to humor the pilot.

B, I wish US airports would just move to the bus system like the rest of the planet. Gate occupied? Who cares, park the plane anywhere, walk onto a bus to the terminal.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: Delta Diamond 1MM, Marriott Plat
Also it's not an accomplishment to be "early" when the scheduled travel times have all been extended to incorporate an hour of delay time. It's like grade inflation.
strickerj likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM+, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I wish the video screen had a way to use the slider to fast forward or some way other than hitting the fast forward button four times. It’s a PITA to have to fast forward to the same spot in the movie I was at on the last flight.

Plus I don’t think it really fast forwards at the 32x it claims to be.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 11:55 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by Worldtraveler727
I wish the video screen had a way to use the slider to fast forward or some way other than hitting the fast forward button four times. It’s a PITA to have to fast forward to the same spot in the movie I was at on the last flight.

Plus I don’t think it really fast forwards at the 32x it claims to be.
Chapters, like DVDs, would help a lot in this regard. I don't need to get back to the exact minute, but if I knew I was in chapter 7 and 7 clicks got me to the start, i'd be happy.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:39 pm

Or when you depart late and they promise to try and make up time en route. Will the pedal faster? Lean forward in their seat? Pray?
Old Jan 17, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
For an airline that brags about it's operations, this happens to me a lot. A lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.