Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 12:17 pm

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by TheHorta

I just look at them, smile, and say “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of this for you” while putting their bin in the stack.

I don’t know if that changes their future behavior, but they get the point and even say “Thank you” half of the time.
I'm doing this, but I'll say it very loud as they walk away
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles, AF/KL Flying Blue
Was on AMS-DTW this morning in the front bulkhead row of economy on the A330. Had both window shades open - was almost entirely dark out still - just a little bit of early morning blue on the horizon, emphasis on a little. Flight attendant comes by, reaches across both me and my seatmate to close both of them, stating that they want to let passengers get some sleep. Okay, fair enough. Then she points out that if I want to continue reading, I can use the overhead reading light.

1. I'm reading on a backlit tablet - don't need the light.
2. The stupid reading light is brighter than the light that was coming through the window at that point, so you action combined with your reading light suggestion was entirely counterproductive. (For the record, I was going to shut the shades when sunrise proper occurred anyways - it does get really bright eventually with all the snow/ice that far north.)
3. Why is 15A apparently an exception to this rule? You seemed to have no issue with him keeping his shade open indefinitely.

I mean, I specifically get a window seat so I can, oh, I don't know... look out the damn window. I find that early morning view beautiful from a plane. You just passed out a bunch of eye shades and it's 8 AM local time. If passengers want to sleep, they'll manage - you don't need my window shades shut. Grr.
AeRoSpaceman and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 12:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was recently told to close the window shade in a D1 suite. I would expect the suite doors, which look higher than the window, to solve the problem. Plus, the D1 amenity kits include eyeshades.
strickerj likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: Delta PM MM. Marriott LTP. Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by eastindywalrus
Was on AMS-DTW this morning in the front bulkhead row of economy on the A330. Had both window shades open - was almost entirely dark out still - just a little bit of early morning blue on the horizon, emphasis on a little. Flight attendant comes by, reaches across both me and my seatmate to close both of them, stating that they want to let passengers get some sleep. Okay, fair enough. Then she points out that if I want to continue reading, I can use the overhead reading light.

1. I'm reading on a backlit tablet - don't need the light.
2. The stupid reading light is brighter than the light that was coming through the window at that point, so you action combined with your reading light suggestion was entirely counterproductive. (For the record, I was going to shut the shades when sunrise proper occurred anyways - it does get really bright eventually with all the snow/ice that far north.)
3. Why is 15A apparently an exception to this rule? You seemed to have no issue with him keeping his shade open indefinitely.

I mean, I specifically get a window seat so I can, oh, I don't know... look out the damn window. I find that early morning view beautiful from a plane. You just passed out a bunch of eye shades and it's 8 AM local time. If passengers want to sleep, they'll manage - you don't need my window shades shut. Grr.
I pick the window seat so I can do exactly the same. Look OUT. I mean what a novel idea. When its shut because someone reaches across, including passengers and FAs, even if I intended on shutting the shade, I open the shade and leave it open out of pure spite because you could have asked nicely. If you want something, it should be done with a please and thank you, not with a "because I said so". Shame on that FA.
strickerj likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Why do some Flight Attendants stomp their feet when walking down the aisle?

This has always bothered me. Last week I swear she was purposely stomping them as hard as she could in an effort to prevent me from sleeping. It woke me up. She created a vibration throughout the F cabin with her foot stomping. This can't be healthy for their bodies.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SouthernCanada
I pick the window seat so I can do exactly the same. Look OUT. I mean what a novel idea. When its shut because someone reaches across, including passengers and FAs, even if I intended on shutting the shade, I open the shade and leave it open out of pure spite because you could have asked nicely. If you want something, it should be done with a please and thank you, not with a "because I said so". Shame on that FA.
Agreed!
Old Dec 3, 2018, 9:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
I had a really good pathetic thing to complain about but between it happening and me coming back to this thread, I forgot what it was....
MarkP24 and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by gooselee
I had a really good pathetic thing to complain about but between it happening and me coming back to this thread, I forgot what it was....
That's pathetic.
gooselee, MarkP24 and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 8:25 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Welcome to my world!

gooselee and strickerj like this.
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
dinner accompaniments: while I was very pleasantly surprised by the crab cakes, it stuns me how ANYONE could ever think that rice (a bit crispy, no less) and succotash belong on the same plate ... moreover, the little bit of green onion garnish on the rice and the two small cherry tomatoes on the salad didn’t do much to offset the fact that the entire dinner presentation was rather monochromatic

DL946 (1900 departure), LAX-SEA, 5 Dec
Old Dec 6, 2018, 7:34 pm

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA
Originally Posted by jrl767
dinner accompaniments: while I was very pleasantly surprised by the crab cakes, it stuns me how ANYONE could ever think that rice (a bit crispy, no less) and succotash belong on the same plate ... moreover, the little bit of green onion garnish on the rice and the two small cherry tomatoes on the salad didn’t do much to offset the fact that the entire dinner presentation was rather monochromatic

Or the 12+ croutons on top to cover up the 12- pieces of lettuce that are underneath..
Old Dec 7, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Just boarded DL 953 LAX>JFK in D1. Unfortunately, they boarded from the FRONT of the plane, making PDB nigh unto impossible.

They rushed it, handing me my Mimosa during pushback.

I hate chugging a Mimosa. It’s so... barbaric.

Why would they they board a 764 from the front?

ETA: Sorry, not 764, but A333.

Im so confused.

Last edited by TheHorta; Dec 7, 2018 at 3:38 pm
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jrl767

I told you the crab cakes were good!

My complaint today, kind of random, is the Delta 2MM with the Large Timbuk2 roller (a not at all common bag) in the same color as mine who took mine today at LHR (VS106 from SEA). How does a 2MM take the wrong bag? They had the 2MM tags, I just have my business card in the ID pocket and then the DL priority tags. They had Upper Class tags as well. I had to suffer through 2 hours of Lanson, a mini-facial and multiple rounds of breakfast in the Revivals lounge waiting for him to come back with it. And if you are Mr. Setty who took my bag, I apologize for being snipey about it.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:58 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Just boarded DL 953 LAX>JFK in D1. Unfortunately, they boarded from the FRONT of the plane, making PDB nigh unto impossible.

They rushed it, handing me my Mimosa during pushback.

I hate chugging a Mimosa. It’s so... barbaric.

Why would they they board a 764 from the front?
the times I've seen this it's been because they were at a gate that wasn't set up for it. You need a jet bridge that can extend back further, obviously, and not all of them have the range.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 2:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Are you complaining that DL is ruining your memory?
strickerj and TheHorta like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.