Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:42 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
If you order a Negroni at the sky club and you don't want Damrak (which isn't a good choice for a negroni, it really needs a london dry gin), they charge you both for the Bombay *and* the campari (but not, amazingly, for the vermouth).
Old Nov 18, 2018, 8:15 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by flyerCO
There's no US rule requiring window shades to be up. As for the light, US airlines are more liability concerned. Better on than off.
My local airport is a military-civilian joint use affair. I can think of an occasion when the Air Force requested window shades down for landing- they had something sitting out on the apron on the military side that, while past the stage when it was really classified (there are other places for that part of the development process where no civilian will get a look) and they actually didn't particularly care who just saw it, they just didn't want a zillion smartphone pictures of it all over the internet yet

It's part of the local social contract of sorts and there are other times you do get to see and photograph all kinds of neat stuff when you're stopped on the end of the runway waiting for traffic restrictions to lift in ATL. Like the handful of times when the Space Shuttle itself was parked just down the long runway back when VPS was an alternate refueling site when NASA had to ferry the Shuttle back from California atop a 747.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by defrosted
Flight attendant forgot to give me one of the little red stir sticks now I can't stir my drink.
Flight attendants keep putting little red stir sticks in my drinks.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
SkyClubs (esp. MKE, SLC and CVG) subbing Cook's (Vivino 2.8 - which I find generous) for the on-menu Veuve du Vernay (Vivino 3.6) sparkling wine. There's a big difference between these two wines. Their supply chain folks need to pull it together so I stop spending 1100 miles on Laurent Perrier.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 2:16 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by Howste
Flight attendants keep putting little red stir sticks in my drinks.
Lol... I dislike those things too. I wonder how much Delta would save by getting rid of them...
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I think I just got some extra MQMs, although they won't make a difference for me this year other than giving me slightly larger rollover; I'll requalify for DM but I'm still several years from 3MM. On two flights recently, different tickets and different fare classes, I got less than ten extra miles on a domestic nonstop and a couple dozen extra MQMs for an international segment. It's strange that the 150% calculation of MQMs doesn't agree with the flight distances shown on my itinerary. I don't think the world got any larger this month.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Today at MSP pre check and clear were fine except for the couple just ahead of me who were too busy with P D A s to empty pockets etc. everyone had to wait for them.

ADDED: I don't mean personal digital assistants. They needed to get a room.
I always use the South (far) side, and the multi-bin side of Pre. So two blocking people wouldn't stop traffic.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 6:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I did use south, and there was only one PreCheck line open, the one closest to the SkyPriority check in counters (on the far right), which didn't have the bins. Everyone in PreCheck had to wait for the couple to finish kissing and cuddling right in front of the x-ray machine so that they could start to empty pockets and otherwise prepare to go through security, which took several attempts as the pockets weren't completely emptied on the first or second try. They should have stepped to the side if they didn't want to get a room.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I did use south, and there was only one PreCheck line open, the one closest to the SkyPriority check in counters (on the far right), which didn't have the bins. Everyone in PreCheck had to wait for the couple to finish kissing and cuddling right in front of the x-ray machine so that they could start to empty pockets and otherwise prepare to go through security, which took several attempts as the pockets weren't completely emptied on the first or second try. They should have stepped to the side if they didn't want to get a room.
I've never seen the line opposite that (on the left, with 4 bin stations) closed. But I generally fly out in the early (sometimes, excessively early) morning.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:30 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
double post
Old Nov 21, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: AARP, DL Skymiles, Marriot Bonvoy, Moe's Rewards
Originally Posted by vincentharris
Claiming this as DL since everybody using south pre check is most likely flying DL.

How hard is it for people to pick up their bin when you get your bags? It usually is pretty bad but today there were 14 so literally it was backed up to where they decide if your bag goes for a second search or not on the machine.

Are people oblivious or just really rude and self centered?
If is see someone in front of me leaving their bin I like to hurry up and cut them off on my way to drop off my bin. While staring them in the face with a look of disgust.
I've maybe once seen someone turn around and pick up their bin so it's not as effective as I'd like but it feels good
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by fsuj25
If is see someone in front of me leaving their bin I like to hurry up and cut them off on my way to drop off my bin. While staring them in the face with a look of disgust.
I've maybe once seen someone turn around and pick up their bin so it's not as effective as I'd like but it feels good
I just look at them, smile, and say “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of this for you” while putting their bin in the stack.

I don’t know if that changes their future behavior, but they get the point and even say “Thank you” half of the time.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 9:41 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Flew Aer Lingus recently who are very strict on this and make multiple cabin walks to ensure seats are in upright position. They also very strict on window blinds not being closed for take off and landing, which I don't think US airlines mind?

Also noticed that despite clear flying conditions, up front US airlines seem slow to turn of fasten seat belt signs after take off in comparison to the UK and Ireland.
There are a few DL regional jets that require the shade in 1A to be up for take off and landing, this is because the door doesn't have a window. Other than that I don't think the US carriers care.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by teCh0010
There are a few DL regional jets that require the shade in 1A to be up for take off and landing, this is because the door doesn't have a window. Other than that I don't think the US carriers care.
The only time they really care is during hot summer months when they want passengers to put shades down before exiting the plane in the name of reducing the amount of energy it takes to keep the plane sufficiently cool for the next flight.

Which is a minor complaint on my part- if I'm stuck in the back of the plane and it's going to be a while before I deplane, watching what's happening on the apron is often more interesting than watching the passenger 8 rows up try to not brain someone as their get an 80 pound carry on out of the bin. So I want the shade up at that point
Old Nov 21, 2018, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.
Originally Posted by teCh0010

Should they not be kept open for safety reasons, i.e. in case of emergency cabin crew being able to see outside in order to make a quick decision or emergency services being able to see inside? I think this is the reason in the UK/Ireland.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.