Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:05 am

Originally Posted by pvn
Well today I finally had one of those "old people who didn't pay for pre check but got it for free" incidents that people here harp on and on about as if it were the biggest crime against humanity, after all, we all know what an INJUSTICE it is if a DYKWIA has to wait an extra (according to complaints) five or even TEN minutes in the security line.

I noticed this lady taking her liquids out so I decided to see how much she actually held up the line. She started removing her shoes as well, this is when she actually started causing a delay.

Total delay time:

are you ready for this?

sit down, it's shocking.

twelve seconds.
That is twelve seconds that you're never going to get back, and if you multiply that by the dozens of times this could happen to someone in a given year, and you are talking up to FIVE MINUTES!!!! Do you know what some people here can accomplish if you give them an extra five minutes over the course of a year...up to FIVE, count them, FIVE extra servings of Uncle Ben's Minute Rice, an extra Five Minute Egg, they could watch the entire commercial on YouTube FIVE times without hitting skip...the HUMANITY!!!!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 9:20 am

This is pretty picky (in keeping with the nature of this thread), but Mister DL Platinum boards and gets "Hello Mister Surname, thank you for being a diamond member" or something thereabouts. I board, as VS Gold, and get "Hello Mister Surname" - the same screen they read "platinum" shows me as VS Gold.

Is it too hard to say "thanks for choosing to fly with us?" (yes, yes it is).

I may not be a DL elite, but i am an elite on a partner airline which you also own a portion of to drive traffic to DL directly. I don't explicitly have to fly DL.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
The app on the ipad doesnt show my full route on intl flights. I fly next week MSP-JFK-MXP, map (and flight description) say its just MSP-JFK, intl leg no where to be seen
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I tried to use CLEAR to enter the ATL SC that has this feature and the first fingerprint reader didn't work, so I had to move to a different dragon and try again. This probably wasted a minute of my time that I could have been enjoying in that SC. [I didn't have anything to drink there so I cannot claim that it kept me from my glass of wine for an additional minute.]
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I tried to use CLEAR to enter the ATL SC that has this feature and the first fingerprint reader didn't work, so I had to move to a different dragon and try again. This probably wasted a minute of my time that I could have been enjoying in that SC. [I didn't have anything to drink there so I cannot claim that it kept me from my glass of wine for an additional minute.]
Free Clear membership with a SC membership or Reserve card would be great. DL and Clear seem to be integrating, and it seems silly to charge FFs for something that DL is rolling out to check-in, boarding, club access, etc.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 7:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
If CLEAR can save DL significant amounts of staff time, DL will start to give away CLEAR to more groups of FFers.

In fact, I wonder whether DL has some sort of exclusive (only our airline) deal with CLEAR so that the free and discounted CLEAR memberships DL gives us don't save costs for other airlines.
Old Aug 30, 2017, 11:12 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
The pepper in the Alessi pepper shakers is too coarse to properly dispense through the orifice.
DeltaDunce likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:08 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by C W
The pepper in the Alessi pepper shakers is too coarse to properly dispense through the orifice.
That's the type of complaint that belongs in here.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
I don't understand the redundant soap dispensers in some of the clubs. Some have wall mounted dispensers with the generic stuff in addition to the lime smelling soap in a bottle. You would think they could reduce overhead costs by just using one.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:15 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I don't understand the redundant soap dispensers in some of the clubs. Some have wall mounted dispensers with the generic stuff in addition to the lime smelling soap in a bottle. You would think they could reduce overhead costs by just using one.
Why? Do people use twice as much because there are two choices?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 7:45 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Originally Posted by davetravels
Why? Do people use twice as much because there are two choices?
Perhaps they reduce costs when people use the generic
Old Sep 1, 2017, 12:39 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
1. D1 hard product but on a domestic F route, received PDB in a plastic cup.

2. 30-minute taxi at LAX during which the TV must remain stowed

3. It's the first of the month and they still have last month's SKY magazine
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Zorak

You leave it stowed during long taxis?
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by WWads
You leave it stowed during long taxis?
I am generally a rules-follower
Old Sep 1, 2017, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Zorak

yep, these all qualify

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.