Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by kop84
Is it possible that DL has a different plane that is going to be swapped in? I find that DL is usually pretty timely at posting known delays.

Isn't every NK flight delayed? So really it's not so much a courtesy posting it when they did, but a policy I take their schedule as a loose suggestion

The delay finally posted as expected Thankfully there were no shows on a different routing and I got the last seat on both of those flights with upgrades! It would have been nice if I didn't have to go through the anxiety of possibly misconnecting, but I was able to drink almost half my fare in Woodford so all is forgiven
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:24 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
when you get stuck in an aisle seat and all the window seat people keep their shades down even though there's an incredible sunset outside.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:38 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by pvn
when you get stuck in an aisle seat and all the window seat people keep their shades down even though there's an incredible sunset outside.
When your in an aisle seat trying to watch a movie and person next to the window has it wide open with the sun blaring. They are either asleep or also trying to watch a movie and don't get it! I have no problem if they're reading and want the light.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:23 am

Programs: DL GM/MM
Originally Posted by Tomphot
When your in an aisle seat trying to watch a movie and person next to the window has it wide open with the sun blaring. They are either asleep or also trying to watch a movie and don't get it! I have no problem if they're reading and want the light.
When you're in a window seat, in the middle of the night, wide awake, with the shade fully open so that you can enjoy the celestial orb and terrestrial lamps or the moonlight on the rippling cloud cover ... and the FA insists on shutting the shade.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
When people complain about the shade being up. If you want to control the shade, book the window. If you want to be able to get up at will without inconveniencing others, book the aisle. Fair trade. You can't have both --- at least in (most) domestic configurations.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:18 pm
pvn
Suspended

I book the window, but there are situations where you still end up in the aisle (IRROPS, SDC, last to get upgraded, etc)
Old Aug 10, 2017, 5:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
When people deplane in the summer and leave the shades up.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Delta 1MM, Amtrak Guest Rewards, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Not paying attention and booking an E class seat. The short flight doesn't bother me but losing the miles!! Serves me right for booking on Concur rather than the Delta site.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by pogopossum
Not paying attention and booking an E class seat. The short flight doesn't bother me but losing the miles!! Serves me right for booking on Concur rather than the Delta site.
^^Been there, done that, also on Concur
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by EditingFX
When people deplane in the summer and leave the shades up.
Not random and pathetic! That leads to torture sometimes...

As for shades, I take window seats and the shade is mine to control. If you don't say anything, it will remain down except for occasional peeks. If I am awake, ask me to raise it, I will agree. If I am asleep, sorry, book a window next time =p
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pogopossum
Delta E fares don't incur a mileage penalty like UA and AA do.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:46 am

I'm not quite sure where to put this, but on all of my VS flights i'm asked for window blinds up for takeoff & landing (and crew goes and checks this) but all of my DL domestic flights no such thing happens meaning some pax come in and sit down, then immediately close the blind while we're still boarding and even keep it closed through the landing. Is it just not required/imposed?
Old Aug 11, 2017, 2:56 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fusionblue
I'm not quite sure where to put this, but on all of my VS flights i'm asked for window blinds up for takeoff & landing (and crew goes and checks this) but all of my DL domestic flights no such thing happens meaning some pax come in and sit down, then immediately close the blind while we're still boarding and even keep it closed through the landing. Is it just not required/imposed?
I've noticed on my Endeavor flights that they make this request. And I think it's a good idea and goes along with why they dim the cabin lighting before takeoff and landing. It's so your eyes can adjust to the natural environment. If the worst should happen at takeoff or landing you will be more prepared to evacuate. So yes they really should be open during takeoff and landing.

I book the window seat so I can see the position of the flaps/slats. If we get close to the runway and they haven't been deployed I'm going to start screaming!
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:24 am
pvn
Suspended

Originally Posted by synergistic
As for shades, I take window seats and the shade is mine to control.
Nobody is suggesting otherwise. It's weird how multiple people have gotten defensive about this.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by pvn
Nobody is suggesting otherwise. It's weird how multiple people have gotten defensive about this.
Oh, I know you were 'complaining' about it in exactly the spirit this thread intended - I'm sure everyone else did as well.

For my part... I was really just saying that if you'd been sitting next to me, if I'd been awake, I would have agreed to lift the shade if you'd even mentioned that you thought there might be something pretty you'd like to see outside. If I was asleep, tough cookies =p

I seem to recall another discussion on this - maybe even in this thread - and it brought out more divisiveness than I expected then as well. People are weird, we seem to really enjoy picking sides, seemingly especially on the internets.

EDIT: Also, I have the cloud-to-butt extension, so I got some serious giggles out of reading 'rippling butt cover' in a recent post. Highly recommend that extension, it sneaks up on me and makes me smile pretty regularly =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.