Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What do y'all do for a living that requires so much travel?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do y'all do for a living that requires so much travel?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2016, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Charter DM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
I can play the hell out of one of those too.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL DM
Graduated college last year. Working as a consultant in sales. Sitting at 120k MQMs this year. Subject to double by the end of the year. Only flights are east of the Mississippi.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:45 pm

Programs: Delta PM, United Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec Elite
Working with Pools at Water Parks and Hotel/Resorts to troubleshoot sanitizing issues. Increased Frequency can happen based on demand. Next 6 weeks it's weekly trips to California. Usual it's twice a month.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 6:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by jackplum
I get bored so I fly places to cure it. Other than that, I don't do much.
you serious? I couldn't have said it better myself. Just booked that BE special on Delta...YYZ - NRT for $2,000 RT AI. Why? Because I know I will be bored stiff around Christmas time and will want to get the f*** out of Gotham
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Plat Amex
I am an Airbus captain for another company. I fly Delta to other cities to start my trip. I fly 1-3 days then take Delta back home.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Hobby for me
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:57 pm

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM HH Gold Marriott Gold IHG Spire
Do workshops and go to automotive dealerships to help them understand how to process warranty claims.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by davetravels
Mine's ND.
Fargo and Bismarck are on my calendar this month.

Originally Posted by Xeno
Hmm, what a colorful interpretation of Club rules.
You have graduated from our club. We hope to become a member of your club.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:15 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by CJKatl
Work for an insurance company, speaking to customer/industry groups. I'm usually only in a city for one night/day, flying to another city for the next day, when traveling. My travel is down this year, as we move to more Webinars.
Confession: This is my alibi when I don't want people to talk to me .

(for your convenience, the part that you actually care about is in bold; sorry for my rambling :/)

Needless to say, these last few months have been the craziest for me, and the most by car I've ever done.
I travel mostly for leisure and for family which has some troubles so most of my flying (90% of them) consists of round trips to MSP from MCO.
So far, I've traveled every week for the last two straight months with one 2 week break in Lakeville to see other family. Now, while many others are used to this kind of lifestyle, this is sharp increase from prior months where I'd just leave once or twice a month -needless to say, I'm loving this (and ironically, hate being home). So hopefully I can make this last.

I will admit, it is a privilege to travel as much as I do let alone for free -so, I take utmost advantage of it while I still have the opportunity.

Speaking of which, Delta IT seems to be looking for more employees to fix Delta.dumb if anyone's interested.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:26 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
I make magic out of 0's and 1's in the air.

(Wireless Network Architect)
Old Jul 4, 2016, 10:28 pm
formerly ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy

Programs: Delta Diamond
Originally Posted by jonexplores
IT Consultant, I help clients implement warehouse management systems. Typical consultant schedule, fly in late Sunday night, fly out afternoon/evening Thurs every week. With my currently client's demands for travel every week I will hit DM for the first time this year. Probably hit around 140k mqm
How often do you blame my wireless networks?

(Seriously though, so many people do .... design for warehouses)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 1:37 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, nobody everywhere else
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicornShirtGuy
How often do you blame my wireless networks?

(Seriously though, so many people do .... design for warehouses)
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
I work in media—journalism. Though I'm technically an editor, nor a reporter, I expense "reporting" trips any time I can
Old Jul 5, 2016, 5:06 am

Chemical Engineer, some consulting, mainly plant start-ups in mainly China - way in the middle of nowhere. Just got back from 3 weeks in far west China - a 3 hour drive west of Urumqi (like 300 mi east of Uzbekistan).

I typically do around 5 trips per year, but all BC. And average length of stay is around 6 weeks.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Project Manager - medical devices with lots of suppliers all over the place and products with long extended lifecycles.

That and I like to fly around to see new places.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.