Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What do y'all do for a living that requires so much travel?

What do y'all do for a living that requires so much travel?

Old Jul 4, 16, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by 5khours View Post
Businesses, family, friends, and dog spread over the globe turns into 400k miles a year.
Does your handle refer to the number of hours you spend on a plane every year?
Old Jul 4, 16, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Been to ... 49 states.
I'm also a member of the 49 states club. Which one are you missing? Mine is NM. My next to last was SD, and I'm doing my fourth SD trip in the next couple weeks, so there is no excuse for not having gotten on a plane for a weekend to NM.

BTW, my niece just Instagramed a pic with a couple friends at the Warhol Museum. It's her first trip to the 'Burgh and she's liking it.
Old Jul 4, 16, 1:52 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl View Post
I'm also a member of the 49 states club. Which one are you missing? Mine is NM. My next to last was SD, and I'm doing my fourth SD trip in the next couple weeks, so there is no excuse for not having gotten on a plane for a weekend to NM.

BTW, my niece just Instagramed a pic with a couple friends at the Warhol Museum. It's her first trip to the 'Burgh and she's liking it.
Mine's ND.

Been to NM. Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos, etc. Also have hit NM from El Paso. Las Cruces, White Sands missile testing range - where there was a sign when you enter, that said - If you're not out by a certain time, you won't be allowed out til a later time due to "TESTING" , Alamagordo, Cloudcroft, and amazing, Carlsbad Caverns Nat'l Park - with the famous bat cave where, thousands? millions? of bats come out every nite at nearly the same time every nite that you can watch from a kind of amphitheater.

Glad your niece likes The Burgh! Yay for the Warhol Museum!

Last edited by davetravels; Jul 4, 16 at 2:18 pm
Old Jul 4, 16, 2:14 pm

I am a technical trainer for production printing devices. If you spend a lot of money buying one (or more) of these dudes from my employer (the manufacturer), I will come visit you for 2-5 days and teach you how to use it.

And also a member of the 49 state "club". I have visited the contiguous 48 + Alaska, but haven't made it to Hawaii yet.
Old Jul 4, 16, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, nobody everywhere else
Originally Posted by jonexplores View Post
IT Consultant, I help clients implement warehouse management systems. Typical consultant schedule, fly in late Sunday night, fly out afternoon/evening Thurs every week. With my currently client's demands for travel every week I will hit DM for the first time this year. Probably hit around 140k mqm
Hah..same job, though I've been doing longer term onsite assignments the last few years so much less back and forth.
Old Jul 4, 16, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Full-time: lead healthcare division of a global design firm

Part-time: Practicing physician at a university hospital a few hundred miles away from home
Old Jul 4, 16, 3:51 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
This is a pretty cool thread. Lots of really smart people out there. Present company excluded!!

I am a large account manager for a medical company. I have accounts in the four corners of the US and deal with pricing, contracting, marketing, etc. I re qualified for DM in May of this month. All US travel. I have a girlfriend that I cant stand to be away from, so she travels with me when she can.
Old Jul 4, 16, 4:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
I am an academic who has been to 50 states and 80+ countries.
Old Jul 4, 16, 5:01 pm

I work for a cloud based claim & compliance platform. Main prospects are Airlines (where i do on-site training) and a conference once or twice a year. I book more trips for leisure though.
Old Jul 4, 16, 5:03 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Own a travel company that does sales / marketing for cruise lines. Travel to Florida (lots), Europe and occasionally Asia/S America.

Now if only DL could add SEA or MSP - FLL/MIA service. It's pretty much double connects all the way from Western Canada on DL. Still, good for racking up the miles I guess
Old Jul 4, 16, 5:08 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by CJKatl View Post
I'm also a member of the 49 states club.
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
And also a member of the 49 state "club".
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
I am an academic who has been to 50 states . . .
So, does Xeno belong to the "Club"?
Old Jul 4, 16, 5:15 pm

Not if admittance to "the Club" requires such a blatant failure as missing one out of 50 states!
Old Jul 4, 16, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
Not if admittance to "the Club" requires such a blatant failure as missing one out of 50 states!
Well, if you've been to 50 - - - you've been to 49!
Old Jul 4, 16, 5:46 pm

Hmm, what a colorful interpretation of Club rules.
Old Jul 4, 16, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
Well, if you've been to 50 - - - you've been to 49!
What if they make #51

http://thegate.boardingarea.com/jeff...359.1457616130

Could Jefferson Become the Newest State in the United States?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: