Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What really changed between Business Elite and Delta One?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What really changed between Business Elite and Delta One?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:14 pm

Programs: DL PM
Domestically (JFK <-> LAX/SFO), the J cabin changed from mostly fancy recliners (BE) to all lie flats (D1)...
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by WWads
Misleading customers by making them think it was a hybrid J/F experience? ...
Comparing across the US domestics, I would put D1 far closer to F than J.

Do you really think 1-2-1 direct access is anything close to 2-4-2 across?

I would note that UA is also changing names for the same reason.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:12 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by DiverDave
The Delta One dropoff area is less crowded, and the staff is proactive to assist you with bags and check-in.
Yes, I've never had to wait at the LAX D1 check-in, whereas at SP I usually find myself behind 5 other people with really complicated ticketing problems.

But yeah, D1 = fancy name change.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by exwannabe
Comparing across the US domestics, I would put D1 far closer to F than J.

Do you really think 1-2-1 direct access is anything close to 2-4-2 across?

I would note that UA is also changing names for the same reason.
However airlines like UA that have IFC reserve aisle all access for IFC. It's only now that they're getting rid of Global First that UA is putting all aisle in.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Will Economy Comfort be renamed "Delta Two"?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:16 pm

Programs: Delta - Silver
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Pretty sure they settled on "Deldeuce" at the last corporate branding meeting.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Maybe it should be Delta Too since UA introduced Y+ much earlier.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe it should be Delta Too since UA introduced Y+ much earlier.
Think of UA. I got strange email. They've given me a free subscription to their version of C+. Weird since I haven't flown them in years. (It was SYD-SFO and I was in IFC and got bumped for a GS passenger) Good through next year. Verified it's real. Thanks but no thanks. I'll stick with DL.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Please, if anyone from delta is following this thread. You already have C+ section of delta flights. Please don't start a Delta Duce new boarding and seating classification. I will not be able to hold my laughs if I have to wait to board until I hear the GA say, "Now will will board our Delta duce class for those of you are treated like number two.."
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HH Diamond
Business Elite had a bowl of warm mixed nuts, D1 is a cold bag of nut-like things.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:37 pm
formerly Mdanner423

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Every time I get those I think how lame it is. They are usually pretty gross.

Originally Posted by BSBG
Business Elite had a bowl of warm mixed nuts, D1 is a cold bag of nut-like things.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO, early on BE did warmish nuts in a small bowl, but later they started passing out the really good big bags of sugared almonds with dried cranberries. (Eastbound TPAC seems to have always been the spicy Japanese nutlike mix that's really mostly carbs.) D1 is big bags of spicy pecan mix that seems to come in two flavors, IME one eastbound TATL and a different flavor westbound.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
The switch to cold, packaged nuts served before departure—Delta introduced them along with cart-based food/beverage delivery in an effort to shave time off the meal service—predated the Delta One brand by well over a year.

I understand the need to save time on relatively brief transatlantic red-eyes, but a proper ramekin of warmed nuts would seem to be manageable on other routes. (Incongruously, the spring 2016 TATL menu out of JFK included an in-flight nut "course.")
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat/SC 1MM, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Sam's Club
It's the name change game to get you to think it's something new and improved. In my biz, when you go to ask for a raise, the boss says you're really appreciated. But can't give you a raise and instead will give you a new "elevated" title, with no benefits or perks.

You're supposed to walk out feeling like you gained something.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by MS02113
The switch to cold, packaged nuts served before departure—Delta introduced them along with cart-based food/beverage delivery in an effort to shave time off the meal service—predated the Delta One brand by well over a year.

I understand the need to save time on relatively brief transatlantic red-eyes, but a proper ramekin of warmed nuts would seem to be manageable on other routes. (Incongruously, the spring 2016 TATL menu out of JFK included an in-flight nut "course.")
I always save my nice package of nuts to enjoy with the real champagne after we're up in the air, but often I must guard it so that an overzealous FA doesn't remove it when the PDB glasses aree taken away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.