Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Revenue Management viewing LinkedIn profiles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM MM

Was on my LinkedIn account today and took a peek at "Who's viewed your Profile" and a MBA Associate at Delta working in Revenue Management viewed me 2 days ago. Has anybody else seen this?

Speculation welcome, I am hoping this is an early indicator that a 360 invite will be arriving soon

Last edited by RoadGame; Jun 27, 2016 at 3:19 pm
Old Jun 27, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
Hmm. So, since I do not have anything on Linkedinn and co then, I guess, I can't hope on ever being in that special club
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:23 pm

Sometimes it is just a mistaken ID look-up.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:32 pm

Location: Any of the Following PDX SFO IAH YUL HPN CDG SYD WLG AKL
Programs: AA GLD 1MM, DL DM, UA 1K Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador , Hyatt Platinum
Sounds like a summer MBA intern project to me. Let's see what enhancement they roll out in the fall
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by RoadGame
Was on my LinkedIn account today and took a peek at "Who's viewed your Profile" and a MBA Associate at Delta working in Revenue Management viewed me 2 days ago. Has anybody else seen this?

Speculation welcome, I am hoping this is an early indicator that a 360 invite will be arriving soon
Maybe it's an early indication that someone at DL is thinking about trying to hire you.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Maybe it's an early indication that someone at DL is thinking about trying to hire you.
Or Delta may be researching you for buying Throw Away Tickets.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Or trying to figure out whether they are pricing their UG offers too low based on your likely income !
Old Jun 27, 2016, 8:08 pm

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
Seriously though, how do they know they got the real RoadGame?

How can they know it's you they are searching and not RoadGameII from the same area? And also, it wonder if they can actually research customers without you giving permission.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:10 am

Programs: UA *Alliance
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian
How can they know it's you they are searching and not RoadGameII from the same area? And also, it wonder if they can actually research customers without you giving permission.
Why would you think that they need permission?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:21 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
And also, it wonder if they can actually research customers without you giving permission.
obviously they can, because they just did

I mean, why would they need permission to read stuff you posted on the internet for the entire world to see?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:52 am

We don't know it has anything to do with FT. It could have easily been from OP's SkyMiles account. Or DL bought a marketing list from some market research firm.

Maybe it's a potential bonus offer, market research, or OP's been a bit fast an lose with the ticketing rules.

Heck depending on what OP does it could be a DL employee looking at applying for a job at that company....If the person is in RM, they could easily have an accounting degree, and virtually every company employ's accounting people.

But anything you put on social media is a free for all. It's not like a DL employee hacked OP's bank account.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Could just be someone looking for one of their friends or a colleague and you just happened to have the same name as them?

A friend of mine asked me why I hadn't friended them on linkedin after they sent a request (or whatever it is they do). I told him I didn't have a profile. He'd just found someone with the same name who just happened to be doing a similar job.

No conspiracy.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 12:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
It happened to me with AA last year, someone from revenue management in Miami looked at my profile. Then, someone from fraud prevention also looked at my profile.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DM MM
Originally Posted by danielonn
Or Delta may be researching you for buying Throw Away Tickets.
I think we have a winner, although I didn't do anything against the rules, I probably set off some flags this last winter. There was a 3 month period that the weekly flight schedule coming home, my only option was a 3 hr layover at the hub and since my home airport is only a 2 hr. drive, if I landed early or the flight home was already delayed I would just do a 1 way rental to drive to my home airport to pick up my car to drive home.

I would always let someone know when I did this so they won't be holding for me since it was the last flight of the evening, always got asked if I checked bags, which I didn't and then "no problem, thanks for letting us know".

This wouldn't be a Throw Away or Hidden City Ticket since I paid more booking the way I did. I know this because I actually did book a few without the last leg and would just plan on renting the car, that seemed good until I had an inbound delay and that last flight was only a 45 min. wait, I kicked myself and started booking the full trips again to have options either way.

Not worried, have all the car rental receipts showing I did actually go immediately to my home airport every time, all the Delta crew know me at my home airport and since I needed to go inside to drop the keys, would always stop by the desk for a quick hello since they were dead slow just waiting for that last flight, the running joke was if I could make it there before the flight started boarding. Lastly it was a win for everyone, Delta got the higher fare structure, Car Rental got a few extra bucks and I got home before family bedtime to see everyone.

No other reason Delta would have looked, the employee and I have zero other reasons that he would have found me and my last name is very unique. Interesting that they do some detective work, I am sure that if I had a client listed in my LinkedIn profile that was in the Hub city they would be questioning my actions.

Last edited by RoadGame; Jun 28, 2016 at 1:49 pm
Old Jun 28, 2016, 8:07 pm

I doubt that anybody working in official capacity for the revenue or fraud departments would be dumb enough to view your profile non-anonymously. If they did so, it wouldn't be the first time, and they'd know better by now.

The person who viewed your profile most likely did so on their own after finding you interesting, for whatever reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.