Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did I do something wrong? Asking for a 2nd drink in C+.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did I do something wrong? Asking for a 2nd drink in C+.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by BJM
The real question is: Should you TATTLE on the flight attendant?

Tattling

*The child tattling wants to get someone else in trouble or avoid blame.
*The child tattling may have something to gain; attention, popularity.
*No one is hurt or in danger.
*It is not an important problem, and can be solved without an adult.
*The child threatens to tell on another in order to control the other child.

SOURCE:togetheragainstbullying.org/the-difference-between-telling-and-tattling

And if that is not enough drink for thought...
Consider while you are sipping your gin and tonic, or water, or Coke;

Over 3/4 of a Billion people in the world do not have access to safe clean drinking water.
The real question is why you are here on FT, wasting time, instead of helping those who don't have access to safe clean drinking water.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:30 pm

How come in the SkyClub can I get more than 2 drinks in an hour at the bar? Now I am not saying I am a heavy drinker but do like an occasional splurge so after the first two drinks I will get a beer.

I guess the answer comes down to that in the air your one drink equals two on the ground. Perhaps in the FAR regulations there are guidelines regarding the serving of alcohol. For me two drinks are plenty on a short SJC-LAX flight now if its two hours I may get another drink depending on how I feel.

But the main thing is to have the drink with food.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:54 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by danielonn
How come in the SkyClub can I get more than 2 drinks in an hour at the bar?
Possibly because a SkyClub is not a confined metal tube flying at 30K+ feet. The latter would seem to make it more difficult to deal with an unruly customer, and have greater potential to impact/endanger others, etc.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 3:57 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Zorak
Possibly because a SkyClub is not a confined metal tube flying at 30K+ feet. The latter would seem to make it more difficult to deal with an unruly customer, and have greater potential to impact/endanger others, etc.
Have you been to the B10 ATL club. Other than 30k the rest fits.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Have you been to the B10 ATL club. Other than 30k the rest fits.
That club is manic. All the regulars crowd it out and not easy to get a drink at times. Glad we are getting a new one .
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
That club is manic. All the regulars crowd it out and not easy to get a drink at times. Glad we are getting a new one .
I for one refuse to use any SC in the ATL B concourse...so the B overcrowding problem isnt being caused by me.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 5:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just had a great C+ flight LGA-ORD (thanks to AA's operational incompetence....no I was not rebooked but cxld AA and booked DL at the last minute).

Double Bloody Mary at first go around....two passes of snack basket and a beer on my way back from the bathroom.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some DL FFers love the B10 lounge because of its bartenders.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Gold, Alaska 75K, United & American nobody b/c who'd ever fly them
Originally Posted by BJM
The real question is: Should you TATTLE on the flight attendant?

Tattling

*The child tattling wants to get someone else in trouble or avoid blame.
*The child tattling may have something to gain; attention, popularity.
*No one is hurt or in danger.
*It is not an important problem, and can be solved without an adult.
*The child threatens to tell on another in order to control the other child.

SOURCE:togetheragainstbullying.org/the-difference-between-telling-and-tattling

And if that is not enough drink for thought...
Consider while you are sipping your gin and tonic, or water, or Coke;

Over 3/4 of a Billion people in the world do not have access to safe clean drinking water.
Huh? Where did this come from? Is this a thinly veiled attempt to ridicule me for suggesting that service I ostensibly paid for but isn't being delivered is a poor sense of priorities given how many all over the world live on almost nothing?

Well, you're right. It's a first world problem. But it doesn't negate the question of value/service, but nor did anything I said imply it's a major issue.

But since YOU brought it up... Incidentally, I work professionally in public policy, have actually campaigned for candidates of multiple political parties rather than just mouth off about it on social media, have served in humanitarian and military service for 12 years, worked for several nonprofits for years, and have raised a collective total of nearly $30 million to fight poverty and improve education.

What have YOU done?

#GetOffMyThread
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:11 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by dgtsf
Is this a thinly veiled attempt to ridicule me for suggesting that service I ostensibly paid for but isn't being delivered is a poor sense of priorities given how many all over the world live on almost nothing?
Welcome to FlyerTalk Delta forum! . . . . and . . . .

Thank you for your 12 years of military service!
Old Jun 28, 2016, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by dgtsf
What have YOU done?

#GetOffMyThread
^^

Thank you for all your forms of service.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 12:28 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
OP - judging by your resume you are a good person. Surely you've met a troll before. If not, they are best ignored.

Although I have to admit that I was curious as to whether the argument was that sending Delta a note would cause people to have clean water or if not sending a note would cause clean water. Incoherent non sequiturs are often hard to interpret.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:05 am

Programs: UA Gold
Originally Posted by WR Cage
A self serve bar is standard configuration for the 777 and is available on most newer build 777s that I have flown. I believe it was introduced wih the 77W.
All of AF's longhaul aircraft feature this, including the A340s and ancient 777-300s in the fleet. Curious why other airlines haven't followed suit, especially in business it seems like it both reduces cabin crew workload and makes the experience feel more "premium".

Back to OP, you were absolutely in the right here, recently in C+ on JFK-LAX the FA happily provided the full bottle of wine, and were happy to serve my seatmate after he had pressed the call button. As many others have suggested a quick email to DL would certainly be reasonable
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Some DL FFers love the B10 lounge because of its bartenders.
Precisely - they are regulars and the bartenders serve them first and I can be way before them in line and still not get a drink.

Sorry OP slightly OT - but C+ should be able to get another drink by pressing the call button just like I should be able to get one in B10.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Precisely - they are regulars and the bartenders serve them first and I can be way before them in line and still not get a drink.

Sorry OP slightly OT - but C+ should be able to get another drink by pressing the call button just like I should be able to get one in B10.
It shocks me that anyone still uses this dump. I can't even walk in I'm so grossed out by the place. It's like walking into a refugee camp.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.