Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Did I do something wrong? Asking for a 2nd drink in C+.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Did I do something wrong? Asking for a 2nd drink in C+.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:28 am

Programs: kayaker
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Maybe this was on the MSP-SJC segment.
Ah, that would make sense. I think I misunderstood the OP's statement of "after being in DC" as "on my flight out of DC."

Definitely can commiserate on the often mediocre service on those midcons.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: DM/3MM
I've seen flights where FAs sweep through the rows every 30 min or so, and others where they completely vanish. It's the inconsistency here that's the issue. DL should pick what pax should expect and do accordingly. So if the policy is that FAs won't come around unless/until someone rings the call button, fine. If it's that FAs will come around every X minutes, fine. How hard is it for DL to have a policy and communicate it to FAs as well as pax (to set their expectations)?

This issue here is that DL doesn't understand/care about potential pax service issues, either by not having a service standard or FAs sometimes not caring about it.

Related, I have asked a red coat what the procedure is supposed to be, and they said that FAs are supposed to come through periodically (not sure what the interval was), and that one shouldn't be hitting the call button to get their attention. But who knows what the actual policy is.

I'd add that when a pleasant FA comes through fairly frequent, the pax notice this and more value Comfort+. And this reflects well on DL, and also should on their bottom line.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
...It's the inconsistency here that's the issue. DL should pick what pax should expect and do accordingly.
This. See also: FEBO-or-not and YBYL-or-not.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by FirstInFlight
Send Delta some feedback - maybe along the lines of:

Hello. I am not looking for miles or anything in response to this. When I call Delta I am asked a one question survey - would I hire the person who just helped me? I think that is a great litmus test and I have noticed that the phone service is improving as a result.

I had an odd experience with a FA and thought to myself how I would never allow that person to be my employee. I thought I'd pass that information along to you. Anyone can have an off day and likely I'll never see that particular FA again. But I thought you should know so that you can distinguish your employees having an off day from the ones who seemingly would rather seek other opportunities.
I love this suggestion - a one question survey on FAs . ^

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Jun 28, 2016 at 7:37 am
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I love this question - a one question survey on FAs . ^
How would that work though, since there are multiple FAs on a plane?
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by WWads
How would that work though, since there are multiple FAs on a plane?
Keep in mind the "Strive For Five" bonus money is all or none. That is they all get bonus or none get bonus. One FA can pull down the rest. IMO the same would go for a one question survey.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by em_attack
To be fair the image on the lav call button is the same though
I don't see what the issue is.

Though, in EK or EY F, I suppose that's one way to get a shower beer.

Originally Posted by Detroiter
Often In F, I'll turn down the FA, saying I have to drive after we land. IME DL FAs aren't shy about offering adult beverages.
+1

Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I've seen flights where FAs sweep through the rows every 30 min or so, and others where they completely vanish. It's the inconsistency here that's the issue.
This. And while I know it's just in my head, it always seems like when I want another drink it's on a flight where the FAs disappear into the galley. When I have to use the lav it's on a flight where there's an FA going up/down the aisle with a drink cart or trash cart/bag every single time I look.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:30 am

Some time this year, I ordered a drink and the FA said "I don't know when I'll be back, so do you just want a double right now?" My side of the row each took them
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:31 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by gooselee
I don't see what the issue is.

Though, in EK or EY F, I suppose that's one way to get a shower beer.
I've found that in EK F, the FAs don't come by your seat unless you pick up the phone and call them. Was odd to get used to.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: DL DM, 3.3 MM Miler, Lifetime Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
Originally Posted by Saj8986
My flights are usually 2 hours or less so the cart makes 1 pass.....I've been requesting 2 drinks. So far, every FA has been OK with this. Hope I didn't just jinx myself. Guess I'll find out in a few hours.
Historically (although not the good old days), FAs frowned or refused to serve 2 drinks at once (even in FC). After seeing C+ passengers ordering 2 drinks on the first round and getting no FA attitude, I've followed the lead and haven't had an issue at all (yet).
Old Jun 28, 2016, 9:34 am

FA behavior inappropriate despite what Mr goody 2 shoes says I rarely read these anymore because of idiots who respond like this. Hello we paid for the ticket nothing he did was wrong those Fa's mentioned in the replies are lazy. Now I just get their name and write a complaint, it will go in their file. I like flyer talk but Im sick and tired of the guys who reply with some snotty holier than tou reply to someone who has made a legitimate question or complaint
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:30 am
BJM

Programs: UA
Should you submit a complaint?

The real question is: Should you TATTLE on the flight attendant?

Tattling

*The child tattling wants to get someone else in trouble or avoid blame.
*The child tattling may have something to gain; attention, popularity.
*No one is hurt or in danger.
*It is not an important problem, and can be solved without an adult.
*The child threatens to tell on another in order to control the other child.

SOURCE:togetheragainstbullying.org/the-difference-between-telling-and-tattling

And if that is not enough drink for thought...
Consider while you are sipping your gin and tonic, or water, or Coke;

Over 3/4 of a Billion people in the world do not have access to safe clean drinking water.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
The aim the world over - first world too and businesses should be to drive improvement and standards up not down IMHO.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:39 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by BJM
Over 3/4 of a Billion people in the world do not have access to safe clean drinking water.
good grief, this is completely irrelevant as to whether one should be satisfied with a particular job performance or not. this is so far out that basically anything you say on this subject should be ignored. By this logic anything short of getting stabbed by the flight attendant would not be worthy of being reported.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 11:40 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BJM
The real question is: Should you TATTLE on the flight attendant?

Tattling

*The child tattling wants to get someone else in trouble or avoid blame.
*The child tattling may have something to gain; attention, popularity.
*No one is hurt or in danger.
*It is not an important problem, and can be solved without an adult.
*The child threatens to tell on another in order to control the other child.

SOURCE:togetheragainstbullying.org/the-difference-between-telling-and-tattling

And if that is not enough drink for thought...
Consider while you are sipping your gin and tonic, or water, or Coke;

Two thumb's up for irrelevance^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.