Concur Delta Multi-Segment Booking?

Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, HH DM, National Exec Elite, SPG, Hyatt Plat
Concur Delta Multi-Segment Booking?

Need to book a RT trip MSP to YQB. No direct flights available, so would prefer layover in JFK. When booking in Concur, MSP-YQB (with JFK layover) is $900 something. However, when I book the same flights - just booked under the "Multi City" multi segment option - it's more like $500.

I called my office's concur folks and they really couldn't give me a good explanation as to why that would be, just that they wouldn't advise doing the multi segment booking because of possible inventory issues. However, I feel like if it shows up as an option for me, I should be able to book with no issues, right?

Can anyone give me some insight on this?
Old Jun 20, 2016, 1:07 pm

I don't have a good explanation (probably a problem with fare classes), but I have that problem routinely. Fortunately, we're able to book outside of Concur in situations like these.

I haven't ever had a problem with the multi-segment routing. The only potential issue I could see would be if you are checking bags (make sure they go all the way through to where you actually want to pick them up).
Old Jun 20, 2016, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
It's called married segment logic. Technically the multi-city option means you're booking to fly from A-B and then B-C. Even if it's the same day it's two different flights you're booking. On the RT you're actually booking A-C just connecting in B. At least for now DL is still allowing you to fly on tickets booked like above without re-checking luggage, getting protection on continuing flights, etc. However they're looking for ways to close it. The US airlines got some bad PR earlier this year. They started making you book into full Y when you did the multi-city approach. They've had to back down, but I'd say it's only time till they figure out a new way to block us from getting around their pricing controls.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.