Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Thinks I'm a New Sky Miles member... HUH?

Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold

Just got this email...

"As a new member of the SkyMiles® Program, you've been selected for this special offer from the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express"

Not only have I been around for well over a decade, I have a Delta Reserve Card.

What's going on?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by yogimax
Just got this email...

"As a new member of the SkyMiles® Program, you've been selected for this special offer from the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express"

Not only have I been around for well over a decade, I have a Delta Reserve Card.

What's going on?

Probably some database they scan and noticed your SM didn't have Gold Amex. Not that big of deal other making them look stupid.

If you have the Reserve, and haven't had the gold before you can still get the gold bonus.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:23 pm

Look at the account number at the top of your email. It's not your regular account but the new one inadvertently generated as a result of this debacle.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-accounts.html
Old Jun 16, 2016, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM; Sheraton's Vistana BOD; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyerwma
Look at the account number at the top of your email. It's not your regular account but the new one inadvertently generated as a result of this debacle.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-accounts.html
Yes, absolutely correct... totally different SkyMiles number. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.