Wiki Posts
Search

Can someone point me to this info?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Can someone point me to this info?

I recall seeing a thread where someone (I think Widgets) posted about how to read the fare details at the bottom of receipts. Can someone point me to that thread or the same info online somewhere, I've search but I'm not finding it.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3furballs
I recall seeing a thread where someone (I think Widgets) posted about how to read the fare details at the bottom of receipts. Can someone point me to that thread or the same info online somewhere, I've search but I'm not finding it.
Do you mean the codes for the fees/taxes or the fare details? These are two different things, and AFAIK I've never seen fare details on a receipt. In fact other then pre-purchase finding the details is next to impossible.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:58 am
Original Poster

I recall something about how to read the highlighted line in this image which appears at the bottom of e-mail receipts
Attached Images  
Old Jun 16, 2016, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
This isn't DL specific, rather a standard IATA (I think) convention.

Dug up this thread via google search. At a quick skim, should give you a start:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...struction.html
Old Jun 16, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I recall something about how to read the highlighted line in this image which appears at the bottom of e-mail receipts
That's sort of easy. It lists the cities you're flying from to the /X means connection. Also it lists the marketing airline for each flight, in this case you're booked on a DL flight number. It lists the amount and the fare code that you're paying. The part at the very end list the passenger facility charges for your ticket. It's normally easier to read online just pull up the receipt on delta.com As long as your SM was on it, it'll see it and it lists each charge out with what it is.

Example from on DL below on a recent D1 ticket company purchased for me.

Air Transportation Charges
Base Fare: $4,407.00 USD
Carrier-imposed International Surcharge (YR): $407.40 USD
Taxes, Fees and Charges

Per passenger summary of air travel taxes, fees, and related charges. Per passenger total travel charges provided at end of table
description amount currency
United States - September 11th Security Fee(Passenger Civil Aviation Security Service Fee) (AY) $11.20 USD
Japan - Passenger Security Service Charge (OI) $9.80 USD
Singapore - Passenger Security Service Charge (PSSC) (OO) $5.90 USD
Singapore - Aviation Levy (OP) $4.50 USD
Singapore - Passenger Service Charge (SG) $14.70 USD
Japan - Passenger Service Facilities Charge (SW) $19.60 USD
United States - Transportation Tax (US) $35.60 USD
United States - Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service Fee (APHIS User Fee - Passengers (XA) $3.96 USD
United States - Passenger Facility Charge (XF) $13.50 USD
United States - Immigration and Naturalization Fee(Immigration User Fee) (XY) $7.00 USD
United States - Custom User Fee (YC) $5.50 USD

Summary of all charges for all passengers, including air-fare, taxes, fees, and other charges
description amount currency
Total Price: $4,945.66 USD
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:12 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
CLE DL/MSP DL BZN203.72
You are flying Delta from Cleveland via MSP to Bozeman. Your fare for that portion is $203.72

XCVNA0MQ
That is the fare basis of your CLE-BZN trip (a X fare).

DL X/SEA DL X/MSP DL CLE397.21
You are flying Delta from Bozeman to Cleveland via SEA and MSP. Your fare for that portion is $397.21

KC7UA0MQ
That is the fare basis for you BZN-CLE trip (a K fare).

Your total fare paid (i.e. the portion of your total charge that Delta keeps).

END
This is the end of the fare construction for your trip.

CLEMSPBZNSEAMSP
Your trip routing

XF CLE4.5MSP4.5SEA4.5MSP4.5
Your passenger facility collection ($4.50 per segment, $18 per round-trip).

Also, I think your trip might be messed up - I assume you wanted to fly to BIS and not BZN (BZN is full).
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Do you have any specifics on how you propose to use the fare construction info? Curiosity? Hidden city tricks? Refund for a weather-cancelled return?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:24 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Do you have any specifics on how you propose to use the fare construction info? Curiosity? Hidden city tricks? Refund for a weather-cancelled return?
Could also be idle curiosity...
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL,SPG
Here's a link from DL's travel agency site - explains the most important part of the basis codes...

https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...mestic-br.html
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:01 pm

BZN SEA MSP CLE doesn't sound fun at all! By the way, I don't know anything about e-ticket receipts.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by TTT
CLEMSPBZNSEAMSP
Your trip routing
So close! That's actually shows which airports are charging the ZP Tax.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:53 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WidgetTravels
So close! That's actually shows which airports are charging the ZP Tax.
Duh - of course. I usually have 4 segments so all four airports are listed, just assumed it was the routing. Thanks for pointing that out.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Still easiest thing is to go to the Delta website and pull up the receipt. Ash showing earlier it was all of the codes and what they are for.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Widgets
BZN SEA MSP CLE doesn't sound fun at all! By the way, I don't know anything about e-ticket receipts.
Fun? No, probably not. Creative way of maximizing MQM? Yep. I've been trying to get this routing for a while ever since I realized it worked time wise with flights but this is the first time It's shown up as bookable in my search results.

Mostly idle curiosity but like I said above, I've been trying to maximize my MQM on trips and this is the first time this particular routing has shown up so I was curious if there was something unique about this fare construction. Plus I'm a scientist, I love data so the more data I can get and understand the happier I am in general.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
If you don't have an ExpertFlyer subscription you should consider it. Routing rules for specific fares are given (and, alternately, MPM for international routes).

ITA Matrix advanced routing codes are your friend. Want three segments, each DL-coded, between BZN and LGA? Put DL DL DL into the advanced codes field.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.