Apology Email

Old Jun 15, 16, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Apology Email

I was on a flight Monday that was delayed 3+ hours due to an equipment swap at JFK. Yesterday I received the following email from Delta (would have been nice if they threw in some SkyMiles. Just wondering if this is a new PR gesture?

"You've worked hard to get where you are today and we want to make your time with us go as smoothly as possible. However, sometimes things don't go as planned and for that we're sorry.

Please know that we're committed to delivering exceptional service on every flight. We're proud of our strong on-time record, but it doesn't mean much when your flight was not up to our standards. We continue to invest in technology and improve our processes to make your experience smoother.

We hope you'll understand and we look forward to flying with you soon."
Old Jun 16, 16, 5:49 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, UA Gold/1MM, AA GLD
I got the same thing on Monday for a Sunday flight delay. I agree that the gesture is nice but it would be nice to be able to pick something like united does.
Old Jun 16, 16, 8:47 am

Programs: Million Miles achieved | 2017 Delta Platinum, United NADA, Global Entry, PreCheck, NEXUS
I got a similar email the day after I flew three separate segments two of which were delayed. There was absolutely nothing in the email that indicated which of the two delayed flights they were apologizing for. I happened to also get a survey about one of those flights. I told them if they wanted apologize, please tell what for.

Nothing offered. No big deal, but strange.
Old Jun 16, 16, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I've gotten a few of these emails. They all used to mention the flight number and all had miles accompanying them. A few years ago, they actually mailed them and you got a physical letter.
Old Jun 16, 16, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
I got few recently and my reaction is

Actions speak louder than words.
Old Jun 16, 16, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by Bear4Asian View Post
I got a similar email . Nothing offered. No big deal, but strange.

I got a similar email the other day also. ?
Old Jun 16, 16, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, UA Gold (status match)
We had a significant delay (5 hours on the first leg but ended up arriving 24 hours late) and didn't even get an apology, though mr Floridagal received a survey about how they did on his delayed flight and I received nothing.
Old Jun 16, 16, 6:56 pm

Programs: DL-FO, amex platinum, ducks unlimited, pheasants forever
Got the same after yesterday's 5 hour delay.
Turns out we switched flights after a crew rest issue was going to make us miss our connection in ATL. We kept getting updates on new flight. Total of 4 delay extensions. Never an apology from very indifferent crew as well. Worst part was we were switched to a 739. My backsides least favorite.
Old Jun 16, 16, 7:06 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
I've gotten a few of these emails. They all used to mention the flight number and all had miles accompanying them. A few years ago, they actually mailed them and you got a physical letter.
I know this is about Delta but when my AA flight was delayed, i got an email from company apologizing and 300 miles added to my acct.
Old Jun 17, 16, 5:18 am

Its a start and a good idea.

When I got a letter like this I was also confused. I'd prefer they just gave free drinks or something for the flight at the time or a voucher for free wi-fi or something to use in the future.

It seems very insincere and impersonal when it doesn't even mention any flight specifics.
Old Jun 17, 16, 9:29 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Once upon a time, as soon as you got off the delayed plane, you got an kit that included things like meal vouchers, point vouchers and even a phone card.

But that was a long time ago in the PMNW days

and yes we got our share of 'em.

Bob H

Search this Thread
Search Engine: