FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Has anyone at FT ever been offered a shot at a Medallion Delta PVT jet ride? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1772361-has-anyone-ft-ever-been-offered-shot-medallion-delta-pvt-jet-ride.html)

Renes Points Jun 15, 2016 9:11 am

Has anyone at FT ever been offered a shot at a Medallion Delta PVT jet ride?

Link to Delta PR site: http://news.delta.com/first-flight-o...es-private-jet

I would love some data points. Has Delta ever reached out to anyone who is on FT for a shot at a ride for an upcharge (one would think Bubba would get one right)? ;)

I have a request in to Delta PR if the program is still ongoing but I would love to know if anyone here has ever done this. You? Thanks in advance for help. ^

UPDATE from Delta CORP PR folks:

"We can confirm that Delta Private Jets continues to have the ability to support the private upgrade opportunities to select passengers in specific markets when availability permits. Although we don’t have more details to share at this time, the DPJ team is working to develop additional opportunities to provide customers with exceptional service and a unique travel experience." - Delta CORP

DiverDave Jun 15, 2016 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points (Post 26782173)
I would love some data points. Has Delta ever reached out to anyone who is on FT for a shot at a ride for an upcharge (one would think Bubba would get one right)? ;)

I would be shocked if anybody here has had such an offer. We hear (and see photos) just about every time somebody gets a Porsche ride. :)

I'm sure a private jet offer would be publicized quite heavily here.

David

AirTheory Jun 15, 2016 9:49 am

You'll find that the number of people who have seen the inside of a private jet AND who also post on flyer talk is very small

AirTheory Jun 15, 2016 9:52 am

Originally Posted by AirTheory (Post 26782377)
You'll find that the number of people who have seen the inside of a private jet AND who also post on flyer talk is very small

And to be honest, I'd rather take a flight in most F seats than a tiny super light jet.. A G650ER with a bedroom and shower? That's a different story :)

Renes Points Jun 15, 2016 10:11 am

Right but keep in mind when Delta PR blitzed this program it was in ALL the major news outlets and the talk from the mothership was many Medallions would be offered the chance. It seems like the talk vs the reality is not quite the same. :o

OnTheSlopes Jun 15, 2016 11:26 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points (Post 26782491)
It seems like the talk vs the reality is not quite the same. :o

And who's surprised? :confused: Not this guy. :D

Nope, never had an offer - but never in my life ever expected this was more than a PR stunt and doubt they'd pick me for an offer anyway.

flyerCO Jun 15, 2016 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Renes Points (Post 26782491)
Right but keep in mind when Delta PR blitzed this program it was in ALL the major news outlets and the talk from the mothership was many Medallions would be offered the chance. It seems like the talk vs the reality is not quite the same. :o

PR is the exact word for "many medallions" would get the chance. One there's not a large number of jets available. Second most people who use one are going to book a RT. Third, I highly doubt any were close to all the planes they do have fly everyday. Thus there's not a lot of chances to offer it to allow "many" medallions to get the chance.

Even if they offered it once a day, that's what 365 medallions a year getting a chance?

KDCAflyer Jun 15, 2016 11:33 am

The silence from CVG-based elites is a strong indication. Cincy is the base for DL Private Jets, after all.

StayingHomeIsBetter Jun 15, 2016 11:55 am

The opportunities are offered on a "space available" basis. ;)

kop84 Jun 15, 2016 12:14 pm

Plus don't a lot of private jets go to/from non traditional airports? IE flying into Paulding, Boeing Field, St. Paul's Holman field?

So it may not be very convenient for many people to get to or from them if all they're plans, hotel, rental car, etc are at the main airport.

Just a thought.

Renes Points Jun 15, 2016 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by kop84 (Post 26783213)
Plus don't a lot of private jets go to/from non traditional airports? IE flying into Paulding, Boeing Field, St. Paul's Holman field?

So it may not be very convenient for many people to get to or from them if all they're plans, hotel, rental car, etc are at the main airport.

Just a thought.

Sure but I am just talking about an offer by Delta even if a FTer said no. Does anyone know anyone who has even been asked?

dzflyer Jun 15, 2016 12:24 pm

I have flown private a handful of times but never via delta. Why would I want to be on a private jet with others I dont know. Can you say akward? The point of a private jet is to be on one by yourself or with friends/business associates. People you know.

dzflyer Jun 15, 2016 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by kop84 (Post 26783213)

Just a thought.

Private jets go from lots a major commercial airports. I see them all the time at major airports and the ones I flew on were out of major airports.

davetravels Jun 15, 2016 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by dzflyer (Post 26783257)
I have flown private a handful of times but never via delta. Why would I want to be on a private jet with others I dont know. Can you say akward? The point of a private jet is to be on one by yourself or with friends/business associates. People you know.

Meh! After a few glasses of wine, you'll be best of friends!

:D

dzflyer Jun 15, 2016 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 26783323)
Meh! After a few glasses of wine, you'll be best of friends!

:D

And then you can fight over the only bathroom on board once everybody has had too much to drink.:D