Wiki Posts
Search

Atl-nrt wifi

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM
Atl-nrt wifi

Does this plane have WIFI? It doesn't show the symbol online like all other domestic flights but I thought I read somewhere on here that all of the 777s have the new WIFI. TIA
Old Jun 1, 2016, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
A search on 'international, wifi' would yield this thread.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-fleet-30.html

See post 446. Most 777s and 77Ls have wifi. There are still a few which do not.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 8:34 am

wifi

I flew MSP - NRT on a 777 a month ago and bit the bullet on a discounted 24 pass with low expectations.

I was really blown away at how good the connection was. I did work for a couple of hours (email etc) and then browsed the internet, facebook, youtube, reddit etc and had very little difference from broadband at home.

I would get it again absolutely.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:04 am

Programs: DL: PM, Marriott: Gold, Hilton: Gold
I'll be on that same MSP-NRT flight in a few months. If I already have a Monthly Go-Go Pass for Delta is that going to cover the International leg as well, or will I need to pay for that separately?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 9:55 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by donsullivan
I'll be on that same MSP-NRT flight in a few months. If I already have a Monthly Go-Go Pass for Delta is that going to cover the International leg as well, or will I need to pay for that separately?
Only if you explicitly have the monthly global plan. The $49.95 is US/Can/Mex only.

A global day pass is $28

http://www.gogoair.com/delta-global-day-pass

the BOGO offer seems to have finally ended -- it lasted well beyond the published March 31st end date (I bought 2 at the end of April... have since added another intl trip, wish I'd bought 4 )
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
Only if you explicitly have the monthly global plan. The $49.95 is US/Can/Mex only.

A global day pass is $28

the BOGO offer seems to have finally ended -- it lasted well beyond the published March 31st end date (I bought 2 at the end of April... have since added another intl trip, wish I'd bought 4 )
Thanks, That's kind of what I figure but thought I would validate. I'm just glad it looks like all the 777 have or will have WiFi by the time I fly. I don't mind paying for it, if only to help pass the time on such a long flight.

I can use my current monthly plan for the domestic legs to MSP and back from JFK on the return.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by donsullivan
Thanks, That's kind of what I figure but thought I would validate. I'm just glad it looks like all the 777 have or will have WiFi by the time I fly. I don't mind paying for it, if only to help pass the time on such a long flight.

I can use my current monthly plan for the domestic legs to MSP and back from JFK on the return.
Since you also hold a domestic monthly pass this won't make much difference to you, but it's worth calling out that the global day pass is good for 24 hours systemwide once you start using it, including domestic legs before/after an international leg.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)

A global day pass is $28

This is sorta off topic, but I am starting to travel more and I was wondering if Gogo does these special offers often? I did a search the last time I needed Gogo and there doesn't seem to be anything in the forums and some online coupon site turned out to have dud codes. I had bought 2 of the BOGOs, but as soon as I used them and went back to the website, the offer had ended. I do not get reimbursed from my employer for this, so cost matters and any tips appreciated.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:13 am

Since you also hold a domestic monthly pass this won't make much difference to you, but it's worth calling out that the global day pass is good for 24 hours systemwide once you start using it, including domestic legs before/after an international leg.
I need to double-check my renewal date on the monthly plan but I'll probably just upgrade my Monthly Domestic Plan to a Global one for the month and then drop it back to domestic when I return. That approach will only cost me $20 for both ways to and from NRT in addition to what I already pay for the domestic monthly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.