Wiki Posts
Search

Aer Lingus to Delta

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2016, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
Aer Lingus to Delta

Greetings, We will be flying from SNN to LHR connecting to Delta to SLC. Any chance we can check our bags through in Shannon or will we need to pick them up in LHR and go check them with Delta? Thanks
Old Jun 1, 2016, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by tbeard
Greetings, We will be flying from SNN to LHR connecting to Delta to SLC. Any chance we can check our bags through in Shannon or will we need to pick them up in LHR and go check them with Delta? Thanks
Is it on one ticket? If not, you'll have to collect at LHR (T2) and make your way to T3 or T4 depending on which DL flight you're on.

DL ended interlining with many in January. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ry-2016-a.html
Old Jun 1, 2016, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: delta diamond, Hilton Diamond
Nope two tickets. We have 3 hours between flights as I thought this would be the case. Should be enough time to collect the bags and recheck them.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:29 am

Programs: DL DM
I would ask Aer Lingus at check-in if they can interline it. Just last month I was traveling HYD>AUH>AMS on an Etihad ticket and then AMS>MSP>SAT on a Delta ticket. The Etihad agent in Hyderabad was able to check it through to MSP. I was absolutely shocked that it made it but it did. Good Luck!
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:11 am

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know whatever happened to the psuedo-partnership Delta had with Aer Lingus?

Flying SEA-DUB I used to be able to book the SEA-AMS (DL) and AMS-DUB (EI) which was really ideal.

That routing is no longer offered (though I believe it can still be booked via KLM which brings up it's own host of issues) and they basically want folks to connect at JFK (nope!) or CDG (meh).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.