Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2 free drinks w/Delta Amex in the clubs is back for Dec. 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 free drinks w/Delta Amex in the clubs is back for Dec. 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 7:29 am

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Just got this email

Is it for June or May 1-14? The thread title confused me...
Old May 4, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by NoleATL
Is it for June or May 1-14? The thread title confused me...
OP that you quoted is from last year (2016), when the promo ran all of June.

This year (2017), it appears to only run May 1-14.
Old May 4, 2017, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by CHOPCHOP767
From the Email:

"
Terms & Conditions
*Valid only for guests 21 years and older. Good for two beverages per active Delta SkyMiles Credit Card presented to Delta Sky Club per daily visit.

Select champagnes and Premium spirits are excluded. A list of included beverages will be provided upon request.

Non-transferable and has no cash redemption value. All Delta Sky Club rules and entry fees apply. Offer can be changed or revoked at any time. Valid from May 1-May 14, 2017 at THE BAR at Delta Sky Club. Please drink responsibly.

Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta customer service representative to: 168005."

I think the bolded sections provide DL with sufficient coverage... They really should have anticipated Sky Club hopping though, lol. I guess that's why they curtailed the offer from a full month last year to only two weeks this year.
These were all items that were on offer that they had run out of . Just seems like since they've done this promo before, and it was a Tuesday afternoon, the could've done a better job at having sufficient inventories of the wines and ingredients to make the cocktails in the promo. My SO went through there later and said they were completely out of the 'premium' red wines. Only the 'normal' less than stellar reds they always pour for free. Hate to think what all they might run out of on Thursday or Friday .
Old May 4, 2017, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
JFK T4 has a Woodford mint julep in a copper cup (well, "had"; bartender said I got the last cup )
Attached Images  
Old May 4, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by jrl767
JFK T4 has a Woodford mint julep in a copper cup (well, "had"; bartender said I got the last cup )
Did you swipe the cup?
Old May 7, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I wonder if beer is excluded because they are trying to encourage people to try higher priced options that they hope they will purchase in the future? It just seems so strange to me.
Old May 7, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
These were all items that were on offer that they had run out of . Just seems like since they've done this promo before, and it was a Tuesday afternoon, the could've done a better job at having sufficient inventories of the wines and ingredients to make the cocktails in the promo. My SO went through there later and said they were completely out of the 'premium' red wines. Only the 'normal' less than stellar reds they always pour for free. Hate to think what all they might run out of on Thursday or Friday .
Oh, I'm not saying DL shouldn't have been prepared for the wave of interest in gratis premium beverages; rather indicating that complaining about running out of said beverages would be futile. And yes, I agree: it is silly to run a promo and then say, oops, should have been drinking at 0900 in the morning when we still had premium beverages...

Fortunately, even the 'less stellar reds' are drinkable. Have you been to Admiral's Club lately, LOL
Old May 7, 2017, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Took advantage at ATL Terminal E SC the other day before our flight to LHR. They had a list with all the things that qualify, I meant to take a picture but there wasn't a good moment.

Off the top of my head I remember seeing Macallan, Woodford, I want to say Woodford Double Oaked, and then a number of rums and other liquors. There was beer but don't recall what. Used to two to get each of us those little Mionetto Prosecco bottles which were the only bubbles on offer which isn't the best value but was the only option since we were looking for some pre-flight bubbles.

You just had to flash the card but the bartender was there the whole time and noting that you could only have two drinks (for those ordering liquor he basically encouraged them to get a double if they were alone).
Old May 7, 2017, 9:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by Finkface
Did you swipe the cup?
PLEASE give me a BIT of credit ... "keep" is a MUCH more appropriate word
Old May 8, 2017, 11:24 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by jrl767
PLEASE give me a BIT of credit ... "keep" is a MUCH more appropriate word
Or "it fell into my bag and I just didn't notice until I was back in SEA"
But you need at least a pair. Hopefully your ordered 2 of the same.
Old May 8, 2017, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
When I was in JFK T2 I didn't see a list, but the bartender mentioned that any item $8 and under was included... so that was the majority of their liquors and wine.

Not sure what it was at T4 as I was more interested in a shower and some veggies at that point.
Old May 8, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
I wonder if beer is excluded because they are trying to encourage people to try higher priced options that they hope they will purchase in the future? It just seems so strange to me.
Had no issues getting 2 free upgraded beers in SFO on Wednesday.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Back for December:

Cheers to the holidays with #DeltaAmexPerks. For the entire month of December, show your Delta SkyMilesŪ Credit Card at THE BAR at Delta Sky ClubŪ for up to two free Premium drinks. Enjoy each time you visit the Club, as a thanks for your continued loyalty.
tkey75 likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: delta dm
Let the Dom Krug and Titos flow!
Old Nov 30, 2017, 10:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Let the Dom Krug and Titos flow!
I'm wondering what the definition of premium drinks will be this year. At a few SCs, there are some pretty pricey options that I suspect will be excluded.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.