Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

2 free drinks w/Delta Amex in the clubs is back for Dec. 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2 free drinks w/Delta Amex in the clubs is back for Dec. 2017

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 6:15 am

Everyone here seems to be missing the obvious tangent that this thread SHOULD be taking -- what drink should I order?
Old May 3, 2017, 8:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Is there anything sparkling free with this year's promo? I'm salivating at getting some bubbles on my double connect home tomorrow. Except I'm not a huge Prosecco fan, preferring something toasty or creamy and really dry.

Maybe this has been covered -- is it 2 drinks per day or per visit? I'm doing JAN>ATL>MSP>MSN tomorrow, unless a SDC up front opens up for my A fare on JAN>ATL>MSN, but I kind of want the dinner on ATL>MSP so unlikely and it only nets me 80 more minutes of trip time to do the double. So can I get 2 in ATL and 2 in MSP, or will the system recognize my limit?

Last edited by bergamini; May 3, 2017 at 9:00 am
Old May 3, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
OK, I sound like an alcoholic there. But I'm on a brutal project in Jackson, MS, and at the end of the week....I could use a few drinks.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Last free drink promo, I may or may not have been publicly tipsy at ATL.

Luckily pork belly sliders are great for sobering up. ^

In terms of limits, I don't think they swipe your card. Hence people discussing doing a SC crawl.
Old May 3, 2017, 8:56 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by bergamini
Maybe this has been covered -- is it 2 drinks per day or per visit? I'm doing JAN>ATL>MSP>MSN tomorrow, unless a SCD up front opens up for my A fare on JAN>ATL>MSN, but I kind of want the dinner on ATL>MSP so unlikely and it only nets me 80 more minutes of trip time to do the double. So can I get 2 in ATL and 2 in MSP, or will the system recognize my limit?
My recollection from before is that it's even 2 per club -- they just look at your card to verify it's DL-branded and don't even swipe it.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Too bad its only until the 14th, I only have a few trips with skyclub stops through then.
Wasn't it through end of May last year?
Old May 3, 2017, 9:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by rylan
Too bad its only until the 14th, I only have a few trips with skyclub stops through then.
Wasn't it through end of May last year?
It was the entire month of June. I also remember a December promo.

edit: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...sky-clubs.html
Old May 3, 2017, 11:12 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by ProfRB
Everyone here seems to be missing the obvious tangent that this thread SHOULD be taking -- what drink should I order?
The DL AMEX Pub Crawl of late 2015 introduced me to Zapaca 23 (year old) rum. Though it mixes great in anything, it's awesome on the rocks.

That said, hitting 3 ATL SC's on the way to your gate makes the rocks/straight debate somewhat blurry.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by EditingFX
The DL AMEX Pub Crawl of late 2015 introduced me to Zapaca 23 (year old) rum. Though it mixes great in anything, it's awesome on the rocks.

That said, hitting 3 ATL SC's on the way to your gate makes the rocks/straight debate somewhat blurry.
When you talk about mixing Zapaca you lose me. That is alcohol abuse.
Old May 3, 2017, 1:56 pm

How about these as the Uber Uber Premium options for the promo(hint you will need an Uber to get you home or to your hotel).
Veev Acai
Glenmoarngie 18
Woodford Reserve Distiller's Select Bourbon
Piper Hiedsieck Champagne
Ruinarts Blanc de Blancs Champagne
Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon 15 year
Poire Willaim Pear Liquor
Camus XO Cognac
Armagnac Brandy
Chateau Margaux 2010 Bordeaux Red Blend
Chateau Lafitte Rothschild 2012 Bordeaux
Louis Latour Chasassgne Monrachet Blanc 2013

Want to add to the list. You can look up the prices buy the bottles and wroite your review. Delta SkyClub @home LOL.

Last edited by danielonn; May 3, 2017 at 2:09 pm
Old May 3, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Yesterday at the Centerpoint club in ATL at around 3pm they were out of most of the wines and many of the ingredients for the cocktails. The man in front of me got his 4th choice in wines. I got my third choice from the cocktail list. The bartender said they were 'getting hit hard'. You'd think they'd have a clue how much to stock considering this isn't the first time they've run this promo. Of course, the more cynical among us might think 'running out' of premium wines and ingredients would be a good way to limit the financial damage ;-O.
Old May 3, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
The bartender said they were 'getting hit hard'..
I wasn't there, honest!
Old May 3, 2017, 8:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by BamaGirl
Yesterday at the Centerpoint club in ATL at around 3pm they were out of most of the wines and many of the ingredients for the cocktails. The man in front of me got his 4th choice in wines. I got my third choice from the cocktail list. The bartender said they were 'getting hit hard'. You'd think they'd have a clue how much to stock considering this isn't the first time they've run this promo. Of course, the more cynical among us might think 'running out' of premium wines and ingredients would be a good way to limit the financial damage ;-O.
From the Email:

"
Terms & Conditions
*Valid only for guests 21 years and older. Good for two beverages per active Delta SkyMiles Credit Card presented to Delta Sky Club per daily visit.

Select champagnes and Premium spirits are excluded. A list of included beverages will be provided upon request.

Non-transferable and has no cash redemption value. All Delta Sky Club rules and entry fees apply. Offer can be changed or revoked at any time. Valid from May 1-May 14, 2017 at THE BAR at Delta Sky Club. Please drink responsibly.

Promotional Reference Code: Please refer Delta customer service representative to: 168005."

I think the bolded sections provide DL with sufficient coverage... They really should have anticipated Sky Club hopping though, lol. I guess that's why they curtailed the offer from a full month last year to only two weeks this year.
Old May 3, 2017, 9:35 pm

Programs: Former NW PE, now DL DM
Very Disappointed

I missed the earlier similar promotions. Wasn't flying on the included dates, and had no intention of scheduling a trip just to get "upgraded alcohol". However, I got excited on Monday when an email arrived from Amex announcing the promotion for this month, as I was flying home from MCO on the following day. Went to the Sky Club at MCO about 2 hours prior to my departure, hoping to enjoy a couple of Heinekens but was told that beer was not on the list of included "free drinks". Sorry, I don't indulge in hard spirits and far prefer beer over wine, so there was a ton of disappointment after a grueling 48 hours in Florida. The only good thing was that the local "red lager beer" that they serve in the MCO Sky Club was quite good. I might almost call it EXCELLENT compared to the crappy Sweetwater that they have in ATL Clubs. OK, some of you may love Sweetwater, but it is far too "hoppy" for my taste.

Luckily, I am flying again next week to DFW and back, so that means 3 Club visits and 6 free glasses of premium wine if I so choose. Unfortunately, I would still prefer the Heineken like I drink on the plane!!!

Regarding "card swiping". I did not see that going on. Just checking to make sure the card was a valid one, not expired, and giving out the freebies when someone asked for them.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:54 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by thesaints
Last time amex promotion was around Taittinger was available for free at T4, iirc
Originally Posted by Zorak
It was the entire month of June. I also remember a December promo.

edit: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...sky-clubs.html
Yep, I had a 12:30am flight 1/1/2016 and I got to the skyclub at around 11:30pm on Dec 31. The bartender served me two free glasses of Taittinger after I showed my amex.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.