Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of busted or broken Delta Air Lines jets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 10, 2016, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Fly_Delta_Jets
You can report any cabin maintenance issues to [email protected] and they'll be redirected to the right people.

Make sure to include:
  • the date
  • flight number
  • seat number
  • ship number (if you can)

You may not get a quick response (if you do get one at all), but your email will be directed to an actual human instead of through the regular customer service queue.
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of busted or broken Delta Air Lines jets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2016, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by CMK10
DL CR7 RDU-LGA last weekend:

Was it like that at departure or break along the way. It's 100% illegal to have passenger in a seat at departure if it's broken. This isn't something that can just get deferred without an effect of not being able to use the seat.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 8:35 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Was it like that at departure or break along the way. It's 100% illegal to have passenger in a seat at departure if it's broken. This isn't something that can just get deferred without an effect of not being able to use the seat.
It was fine when we were on the ground, my girlfriend got up and went to the bathroom and came back to her seat to find this. I rang the call button and told the f/a that she had to write up a maintenance report for it. We were able to rig it up for landing so it was safe enough.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
It was fine when we were on the ground, my girlfriend got up and went to the bathroom and came back to her seat to find this. I rang the call button and told the f/a that she had to write up a maintenance report for it. We were able to rig it up for landing so it was safe enough.
Did the rig include duct tape, chewing gum or safety pins? Or was it more of a knot-tying exercise?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Howste
Did the rig include duct tape, chewing gum or safety pins? Or was it more of a knot-tying exercise?
The last part, we'd had too many Woodfords by then to McGuyver it
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:06 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
The last part, we'd had too many Woodfords by then to McGuyver it
I suppose an alternative would be to add a seatbelt extender to your seat belt and connect it to hers for a double-wide seatbelt for two?
Old Jun 17, 2016, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by appleguru
And by 4:30am, confirmation from the JFK team that the armrest and overhead air filter (which I mistook for a light) had been fixed.

<5 hours from my email to the Maintenence team actually fixing the issue... Pretty impressive in my book! (And really cool that they kept me on copy to see the result).
This is very impressive actually. ^
Old Jun 18, 2016, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL AMEX Reserve
F seat on a CRJ (forget which type) ORF-DTW earlier this week. Seat back pocket was completely torn, no safety card, magazine, etc. I figured this out when I tried to stash my water bottle and it hit the deck and took a trip back to economy.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 16, 2016, 6:18 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Yeah, Ok. Maybe it's time to retire the MD88s soon. Just about hit me on the head during landing (sitting in 1C).

The lavs were also having issues, similar to another recent MD88 flight.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 16, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by WWads
Yeah, Ok. Maybe it's time to retire the MD88s soon. Just about hit me on the head during landing (sitting in 1C).
That's the new "Seat Check" enhancement. To remind you to post your UG into TripIt before deplaning. The problem was that it wasn't your seat. You should've been bonked with 1C obviously.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
gotta love the grime

Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:12 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
safety first - if you can read it!

safety first - if you can read it!
Attached Images  
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:42 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
N951DL, seat 2D.

Old Dec 31, 2017, 8:22 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Originally Posted by Zorak
N951DL, seat 2D.

How do I get one of dem FlyerTalk luggage tags? Do they come in colors reflecting my status? I bet the airline employees sharpen their act when they see a passenger with one
Old Dec 31, 2017, 9:11 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
How do I get one of dem FlyerTalk luggage tags? Do they come in colors reflecting my status? I bet the airline employees sharpen their act when they see a passenger with one
I got mine here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/store/

related thread for spottings/missed connections:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/comm...d-threads.html
Old Feb 5, 2018, 12:41 pm

CR9 from RDU-LGA last Saturday:

levilevi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.