Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta starting Portland, OR PDX-London

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Is it wrong of me to hope the route fails so CVG can get the slot?
Old May 27, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
How many times in the 8 1/2 years post-merger has DL acquired LHR slots and NOT used them to add a CVG flight? How many LHR flights have been added at other hubs and not CVG? CVG's problem isn't slots - it's demand at satisfactory fares.
Old May 27, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
How many times in the 8 1/2 years post-merger has DL acquired LHR slots and NOT used them to add a CVG flight? How many LHR flights have been added at other hubs and not CVG? CVG's problem isn't slots - it's demand at satisfactory fares.
Chill dude. It was a joke.
Old May 27, 2017, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
I will definitely be taking advantage of this route since one of my commute routes is from LHR to Bay Area/Silicon Valley and the direct VS flights are too expensive and never have upgrade availability.

I have been doing LHR-SLC-SJC/SFO and LHR-SEA-SJC/SFO twice a month for a year. It is always great to get as far west as possible on the outbound from LHR. The JFK, DTW, ATL, and MSP connections all suck. The new PDX routing will provide yet another option for us west coast commuters that want to stay on DL metal.

I doubt that the PDX-LHR market alone is the motivation, as indicated in numerous previous posts...

TFD
Old May 27, 2017, 5:16 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
Is it wrong of me to hope the route fails so CVG can get the slot?
Nothing wrong with dreaming, right?
Old May 28, 2017, 7:14 am

Programs: AS, HA, JL, UA
Delta just updated their schedules for next year 2018. Looks like seasonal PDX-LHR will resume in March at 4x/week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.