Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Old Sep 8, 16, 4:11 pm
  #61  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MID
Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, Delta MM, Lifetime Marriott Plat, Lifetime Hilton Honors Diamond
Posts: 366
Originally Posted by thesaints View Post
To make me whole, on average, I have been upgraded to F and Delta did not send me an email celebrating the event. Good thing I checked and was able to pick a good seat.
Yeah, I have received my share of emails of an upgrade to C+ for seats I had chosen weeks earlier but last week I had 2 upgrades to First that I received no notice on which happens frequently these days too.
Jump is offline  
Old Sep 8, 16, 11:18 pm
  #62  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SEA
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 19
On Monday, I received the usual congratulatory email from Delta for an "upgrade" to the same seat I got shortly after booking a flight via Expedia a couple of weeks ago. Yesterday, I received an email from Expedia entitled "Flight Upgrade for AYSK UADL" and, lo and behold, I had been upgraded to First on that flight (tomorrow). Interesting that Expedia found out about the upgrade and told me, while Delta only sends me spam about "upgrades".
Ayskuadl is offline  
Old Sep 9, 16, 9:33 am
  #63  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4
Even though you can usually pick your C+ seat right after making your reservation, Delta is considering these an upgrade. So you get an email reminding you that C+ is an upgrade benefit you receive.
Davidpns is offline  
Old Oct 25, 16, 7:21 pm
  #64  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: DL PM as of 12/8/2016
Posts: 1,891
A new upgrade email today

Received the following email from delta today about 5:40PM which made me curious why Delta had changed the "Congratulations: your medallion upgrade(s) have been confirmed".

The subject of email was "Information About Your Complimentary Medallion Upgrade"

First words of the email body were "As a Medallion® Member, you're eligible for Complimentary Upgrades and we're pleased to sit you in the seat(s) listed below." and then below they had listed my flights and new seat assignments along with a descriptor of "Delta Comfort" or "First"

I was upgrade to Delta Comfort on 1 flight (WU class) and upgrade to first class on another flight (RU) class.
mridley2 is offline  
Old Oct 25, 16, 7:29 pm
  #65  
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: XXX and sometimes YYY
Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
Posts: 440
Originally Posted by mridley2 View Post
Received the following email from delta today about 5:40PM which made me curious why Delta had changed the "Congratulations: your medallion upgrade(s) have been confirmed".

The subject of email was "Information About Your Complimentary Medallion Upgrade"

First words of the email body were "As a Medallion® Member, you're eligible for Complimentary Upgrades and we're pleased to sit you in the seat(s) listed below." and then below they had listed my flights and new seat assignments along with a descriptor of "Delta Comfort" or "First"

I was upgrade to Delta Comfort on 1 flight (WU class) and upgrade to first class on another flight (RU) class.
Yep,
I have received an email with the same new language..
securesmaskfirst is offline  
Old Oct 25, 16, 7:43 pm
  #66  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, HI Spire, SPG gold, Marriott Gold, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Posts: 1,576
Wow, I was upgraded to the EC seat I picked when I bought the ticket. The email is much ado about nothing.
puddinhead is offline  
Old Oct 25, 16, 9:23 pm
  #67  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
Posts: 16,329
when I booked a placeholder ticket last night I saw this under "View Upgrade Eligibility"

needless to say, the F seats didn't show up after the confirmation screen

I have C+ UG deselected in my profile, so had to manually request seats after the confirmation screen; 10F -- perfectly acceptable; in fact pretty much ideal -- was available on both, but I never received the "Your UG Has Been Confirmed" email
Attached Images  
jrl767 is offline  
Old Oct 26, 16, 12:04 am
  #68  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Posts: 4,424
Since the new upgrade rules went into effect, I haven't gotten any of the upgraded emails, for all the C+ ones what cleared with my companion taking my status (he's going to PM once flights post, so no hate please!) and also no emails on my solo flights upgrade to FC.

I prefer too much info than not enough....
NOLAnwGOLD is offline  
Old Oct 30, 16, 12:22 pm
  #69  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Durham, NC (RDU/GSO/CLT)
Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL PM, UA Gold, WN A-List, HH DIA, Hyatt Disc, IHG Spire/AMB, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Posts: 31,639
I got one for a C+ Upgrade for ATL-RDU (and to a middle seat no less) earlier this week. It got my hopes up and quickly destroyed them
CMK10 is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 2:04 pm
  #70  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
PM - WU "Upgrade" Email 2 months later?

Woke up and was excited that I got upgraded... Booked 2+ months ago. Instant WU for being Platinum Medallion. Just got the "We upgraded you enjoy" and it's just saying Economy Plus and shows my seats.

Never have gotten an email about that... and 2 months later?

Normal? Weird fluke? Why did I suddenly get an email about it? Just a big disappointment Delta!
dinanm3atl is offline  
Old Jan 22, 17, 2:37 pm
  #71  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: SEA
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 19
I seem to get an "Information About Your Complimentary Medallion Upgrade" email about a day or so before the flight, and it always just shows the Delta Comfort+ seats I had selected weeks ago. At least it doesn't say "Your Medallion Upgrade Has Now Been Confirmed", which it did up until about September, again confirming the Comfort+ seats I had selected weeks before.
Ayskuadl is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 11:43 am
  #72  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
First one I have ever gotten. Was surprised.
dinanm3atl is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 12:01 pm
  #73  
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Programs: DL DM
Posts: 13,290
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
First one I have ever gotten. Was surprised.
I have gotten many emails for Comfort+ upgrades. If there is no WU inventory at the time of booking, it will not be instant. It sounds like there was no inventory when you booked it and they just recently released some.
LBJ is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 1:55 pm
  #74  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Programs: DL PM 1MM
Posts: 3,168
Originally Posted by dinanm3atl View Post
Woke up and was excited that I got upgraded... Booked 2+ months ago. Instant WU for being Platinum Medallion. Just got the "We upgraded you enjoy" and it's just saying Economy Plus and shows my seats.

Never have gotten an email about that... and 2 months later?

Normal? Weird fluke? Why did I suddenly get an email about it? Just a big disappointment Delta!
Normal. Dumb, but normal.
mnbp is offline  
Old Jan 23, 17, 2:08 pm
  #75  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ATL
Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 2,038
Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Normal. Dumb, but normal.
Maybe I'll get them all now


Originally Posted by LBJ View Post
I have gotten many emails for Comfort+ upgrades. If there is no WU inventory at the time of booking, it will not be instant. It sounds like there was no inventory when you booked it and they just recently released some.
Read original post. I booked 2+ months ago, instant WU upgrade and I selected my seats. Email I got was just saying 'you have been upgraded' and stated seats I selected 2 months ago.
dinanm3atl is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: