Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:37 am

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond
Lol yep....same here. All excited, then NOPE!
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Got one yesterday also. Nothing new to see here.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:40 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Same here. Got one a couple days ago, and nothing had changed, and of course no upgrade. I think their system is still confusing C+ "upgrades" and F upgrades.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
I think so too. But even in that case, why send me an email yesterday ? My upgrade to C+ cleared two months ago.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Originally Posted by thesaints
I think so too. But even in that case, why send me an email yesterday ? My upgrade to C+ cleared two months ago.
So you can "enjoy the experience of the C+ upgrade all over again!"
Old Sep 6, 2016, 1:12 pm

Programs: DL DM, 3.3 MM Miler, Lifetime Hilton Diamond VIP, United, American, National ExecElite
Agreed. I emailed to complain about the "upgrade" I cleared 2 months ago to C+ and that the email was nothing more than misleading, and the email response was "sorry, must be some glitch and I'll forward to IT to correct." Of course when I also tweeted DL their response was "you WERE upgraded to W from V, congrats!" To which I replied, "2 months ago!" To which DL tweeted back "congrats on your upgrade!"
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Congratulations on your complimentary medallion upgrades, writes Delta at T-4.
In the past I have received such emails when a seat had been upgraded.
This time the seats are the same as they have been for the past 2 months: one C+, waiting for an F upgrade, and a regular economy on the connecting TATL (no C+ available).

Is this how Delta mocks Medallions these days ?
Whew!

Your post drove me to DL.com.

Fortunately, my UG e-mail yesterday was legitimate.

Unfortunately, I can't imagine that this IT glitch is high on the priority list to fix. But, perhaps. we will be surprised.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 2:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by HohoGAP
Agreed. I emailed to complain about the "upgrade" I cleared 2 months ago to C+ and that the email was nothing more than misleading, and the email response was "sorry, must be some glitch and I'll forward to IT to correct." Of course when I also tweeted DL their response was "you WERE upgraded to W from V, congrats!" To which I replied, "2 months ago!" To which DL tweeted back "congrats on your upgrade!"
Is DL twitter now being outsourced or sent offshore?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 3:51 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by HohoGAP
Seriously...I am one of Deltas biggest fans, but what is the marketing department smoking with this?
Old Sep 6, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Seriously...I am one of Deltas biggest fans, but what is the marketing department smoking with this?
If the marketing department is located in Oregon, Washington or Colorado, we know what they are smoking
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by bubbashow
Turns out smoking ham sandwiches messes you up pretty good.
Old Sep 6, 2016, 5:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
An "upgrade" these days simply means that Delta hasn't screwed around with your original seat.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:20 am

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Silver, SPG+, Hertz PC
To make me whole, on average, I have been upgraded to F and Delta did not send me an email celebrating the event. Good thing I checked and was able to pick a good seat.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 8:32 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
DL is tweaking their software for the day when C+ will be all you get at T-5 (or 3 or 1 for GM and FO). FC will only be available to paid tickets or RUC.

I've been 0/6 for upgrades, with 3 flights having no FC seats available 2 days before flight.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 9:26 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by puddinhead
I've been 0/6 for upgrades, with 3 flights having no FC seats available 2 days before flight.
This always amazes me when I see a DM reporting this. I really don't keep track of my UG %, but, it surely has to be 90%ish.

Flying next week:

PIT/JFK/ORD
ORD/ATL/MEX

I'm already UG'ed at the DM window on all flights. On the way back MEX/ATL/LAX on Friday, the ATL/LAX leg isn't lookin' too good with 5 F seats left on a B752, but, since I book far in advance, I have what I consider to be the bestest Y seat on the plane.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.