Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Upgrade Confirmation Email, but with no upgrade confirmation

Old May 13, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL-PM, 1MM; HH-Gold; Avis First
Some interesting new info:

1) The following appeared on my Delta.com Trip Details page:

"Beginning with travel departing May 16, 2016, Delta Comfort+™ will appear as an option for booking along with Main Cabin and First Class on select flights. Complimentary upgrades to Delta Comfort+™ are still available for eligible customers. To ensure that you are placed in the queue for a complimentary Delta Comfort+™ or First Class upgrade, please check the box(es) in the Request Upgrade section below." (my emphasis added)

2) When I viewed the "Manage Upgrades" section, there was no mention of being in queue for an upgrade to First Class and there was no place to request one.

3) A call to DM line led to a complete revision of my PNR--new record locator ...that NOW correctly shows a) I've been "upgraded" to C+ (even though I was there from booking), and b) "Upgrade Requested for First/Business Class" shows for all segments.

According to Rep: Seems there was a "technical glitch" affecting this record. It's unclear if this is because I booked well before May 16 and travel starts on (or after) May 16.

Nice job by the representative...it took about 30 minutes and he called me back to confirm resolution.

Check your reservations.
Old May 13, 2016, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC
Similar weird issue happened to me today. At the window, got an email confirming an upgrade on one of my segments on an upcoming flight. Great, fine.

Next day, I get another email confirming the same upgrade segment as the day before. No new upgrade.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
These are the new DL emails to make you feel valued that you got UG'd to something that you should have gotten for free. Classic seat discrimination taking place.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:36 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Classic seat discrimination taking place.
Or maybe, as it was called in the 'JFK/SEA aircraft change from flat bed to standard F seat thread' . . . .

"ANTICIPOINTMENT"!

Originally Posted by tvnwz
They call it "Anticipointment." You anticipate a particular service, but end up disappointed with something less.
Old May 16, 2016, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I also love how the GIDS screen is showing anyone moved to C+ as "upgraded". Now the whole plane can be DM, SP, and UG'd all at once.
Old May 16, 2016, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
I also love how the GIDS screen is showing anyone moved to C+ as "upgraded". Now the whole plane can be DM, SP, and UG'd all at once.
Was there any drama about upgraded to a Middle seat on your flight?
Old May 29, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat., SPG Plat.

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but I got an email overnight indicating my upcoming trip, in three days, had an upgrade cleared. The email still shows me seated in C+, and when I went on the app, I am still seated in C+ on both flights. If Delta is notifying that I got upgraded to C+, then that would be silly, because that upgrade was cleared at booking. Possibly a glitch? Anyone else has seen this?
Old May 29, 2016, 9:32 am

Programs: DL Plat, US Gold
Originally Posted by WesTraveller
Not sure if anyone has seen this, but I got an email overnight indicating my upcoming trip, in three days, had an upgrade cleared. The email still shows me seated in C+, and when I went on the app, I am still seated in C+ on both flights. If Delta is notifying that I got upgraded to C+, then that would be silly, because that upgrade was cleared at booking. Possibly a glitch? Anyone else has seen this?
Yes this appears to be the norm. I get these at the plat window now every flight even if already confirmed in c+ at booking. Sometimes my seat is changed as well. This needs to be looked at.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:11 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
You've gotten a lavish, extravagant upgrade to the poshest seat in the Comfort Plus section of "Main Cabin", and you don't understand why Delta has chosen to notify you of the bonus that has been bestowed upon you?!?

Or . . . .

To, kind of, use a version of some lingo from another regular poster here:

You've gotten a lavish, extravagant upgrade from the fare class and seat for which you were willing to pay . . . .

Last edited by davetravels; May 29, 2016 at 10:33 am
Old May 29, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Delta DM 3+MM
Same here. Upgrade consisted of the same seats I had already selected.
Old May 29, 2016, 10:41 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by WesTraveller
It is to make you feel REALLY special that you are in C+ ^
Old May 29, 2016, 3:35 pm

Programs: DL DM, Bonvoy LTT, HH Diam, UA Silver, USAF million miler ;)
Must have gotten my email...I looked at my next trip, which upgraded to C+ a few minutes after booking, to see myself in FC on both legs. No email. Inside the window by a day or two.
Old May 29, 2016, 7:15 pm
Hilton 10+ Badge

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Plastic Gold, Chick-fil-A Signature
I'm receiving multiple e-mails for 2 segments Tuesday and return Saturday (3 segments in first with a RUC that cleared at booking).

These are the e-mails I have received for this trip:

- At booking a few weeks ago: e-mail for "upgrade" to C+ for 2 segments outbound
- After applying RUC: e-mail showing 3 segment return all upgraded to first
- Overnight Wednesday (technically Thursday 3:00 AM): 1 segment on outbound upgraded to first, 1 still in C+
- Saturday very early morning: no change
- Sunday afternoon: no change

Wondering if I'll get any more...
Old May 30, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Rubbing my nose in it.

I've had what you experienced happen to me with EC, but today another odd email.

Last week the paid first class option was cheap, so I bought for my trip, and my fare class changed to G. Today I get an email that I've been upgraded to first class on the return (even though I'm already in first class) and when looking at my reservation noticed my fare class on the return is now RU.

It's like Delta wants me know that if I hadn't bought the upgrade I could've been sitting in first for free

My receipt still shows G class in both, so we will see if I get the bonus MQM's or not.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by brazzleman
I've had what you experienced happen to me with EC, but today another odd email.

Last week the paid first class option was cheap, so I bought for my trip, and my fare class changed to G. Today I get an email that I've been upgraded to first class on the return (even though I'm already in first class) and when looking at my reservation noticed my fare class on the return is now RU.

It's like Delta wants me know that if I hadn't bought the upgrade I could've been sitting in first for free

My receipt still shows G class in both, so we will see if I get the bonus MQM's or not.
A bit similar to checking in at hotels and told that an upgrade was given when in fact that was the exact room type booked.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.