Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A330-200(not a seat question)

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2016, 11:19 am
Original Poster

A330-200(not a seat question)

I have a delta one flight coming up on an A330-200 and I have never flown on this plane. There are seats available in the front cabin and the mini back section. What is your preference of front or back cabin?

Thanks
Old May 20, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
I would avoid the mini cabin. More traffic, and economy has to board through there.

If it's a night flight, as far forward as possible, since the galley is between rows 6 and 7. If it's a day flight, I'd go with a seat further back, so you have better choice of meals, and are closer to the FAs if you need anything.
Old May 20, 2016, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info- on this type of plane, do they usually start taking meal orders at the front or back of the plane?

Last edited by Squid13; May 20, 2016 at 11:58 am
Old May 20, 2016, 12:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Squid13
Thanks for the info- on this type of plane, do they usually start taking meal orders at the front or back of the plane?
On my last A330 flight, order were taken from the back.

In theory, orders are supposed to be taken using FEBO. Even numbered flights start in the front, odd numbered flights in the back. In practice, the order is often random. By sitting closer to the galley, you're boosting your chances of getting what you want IMO.
Old May 20, 2016, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
the main galley is the one in 2L, so service starts from back.
BUT, it makes the front very quiet with little traffic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.