Using Digital HOOU Certs?

Old May 19, 2016, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, RIP SPG
Using Digital HOOU Certs?

How exactly am I supposed to use these new "Have One On Us" drink coupons while in-flight? They're stored in the app, but toggling airplane mode on seems to kick me out of the Delta app login fairly consistently. Without internet how are you supposed to log back in to pull the coupons up?
Old May 19, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
I would Screenshot...
Old May 19, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi55us
I would Screenshot...
Have you tried this successfully?

Tapping on a voucher in the iOS app gives you a warning pop-up saying "Are you ready to use this voucher? This voucher will be removed from your wallet." I haven't clicked "yes" because I don't want to waste one accidentally.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Originally Posted by DrCordell
Have you tried this successfully?

Tapping on a voucher in the iOS app gives you a warning pop-up saying "Are you ready to use this voucher? This voucher will be removed from your wallet." I haven't clicked "yes" because I don't want to waste one accidentally.
It brings up a QR code for them to scan, so I'd assume you'd be able to screenshot it. But I've only ever used on digital HOOU and I was connected to GoGo when I used it so I don't claim to be an expert.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by hi55us
I would Screenshot...
Yes! This! ^ Very wise as once you exit it will be gone. Here is the "brilliant" updated advice on "how to" on Delta.dumb

Medallion Drink Vouchers Moving to Digital
New this year: drink vouchers are now digital. Vouchers are conveniently stored under “My Wallet” in the Fly Delta app, or you can find them at delta.com, where you can print them.
To access vouchers before a flight: Open the Fly Delta app on your phone before putting it into airplane mode prior to takeoff. As long as you don’t close out of the app you will still be able to view your drink vouchers.
To access vouchers while in flight: Connect to Gogo Wi-Fi and open the Fly Delta app on your phone. You may enjoy free access to the Fly Delta app while in flight.
For more information, please visit delta.com/medallionterms.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-updates.html#

EDIT: As an FYI I just pulled one from the APP. It now went from 8 to 7 in the APP page. But, when I go to Delta.com it still shows all 8 including the one I just pulled out of the APP (but have not spent on a flight yet).

Last edited by Renes Points; May 19, 2016 at 2:19 pm Reason: update
Old May 19, 2016, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Really wish a DL insider would tell us how much DL saved by not printing HOOUs anymore. I'm thinking less than $10K.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by WWads
Really wish a DL insider would tell us how much DL saved by not printing HOOUs anymore. I'm thinking less than $10K.
He is busy telling folks how to burn their SkyMiles

http://news.delta.com/skymiles-lands...me-experiences
Old May 19, 2016, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Renes Points
He is busy telling folks how to burn their SkyMiles

http://news.delta.com/skymiles-lands...me-experiences
Porsche Sport Driving School Experience.

Retail: $3200

Current bid: 251,000 miles.

0.0127 CPM
Old May 19, 2016, 3:03 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, UA Silver (via Marriott)
Originally Posted by WWads
Porsche Sport Driving School Experience.

Retail: $3200

Current bid: 251,000 miles.

0.0127 CPM
I think your math is off there. That would be 1.27 CPM (0.0127 dollars per mile). The auctions are still a ridiculously bad value, regardless.
Old May 19, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Yes! This! ^ Very wise as once you exit it will be gone. Here is the "brilliant" updated advice on "how to" on Delta.dumb

Medallion Drink Vouchers Moving to Digital
New this year: drink vouchers are now digital. Vouchers are conveniently stored under “My Wallet” in the Fly Delta app, or you can find them at delta.com, where you can print them.
To access vouchers before a flight: Open the Fly Delta app on your phone before putting it into airplane mode prior to takeoff. As long as you don’t close out of the app you will still be able to view your drink vouchers.
To access vouchers while in flight: Connect to Gogo Wi-Fi and open the Fly Delta app on your phone. You may enjoy free access to the Fly Delta app while in flight.
For more information, please visit delta.com/medallionterms.

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...-updates.html#

EDIT: As an FYI I just pulled one from the APP. It now went from 8 to 7 in the APP page. But, when I go to Delta.com it still shows all 8 including the one I just pulled out of the APP (but have not spent on a flight yet).
Havent tried to use one yet, but this is a great example of exactly how not to implement these...

Better system would be to let you view your coupons anytime you want, and have the app remove them automatically after they're used.
Old May 20, 2016, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Really was a bad implementation of this. As mentioned, if you don't do it ahead of time with the App, then you likely won't be able to get to the e-vouchers because gogo won't be working, or because it is going to slow that you can't log in to the app successfully.
Old May 20, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Amex Plat
You should also be able to go to your wallet on delta.com and print them out as well.
Old May 20, 2016, 10:19 am
Original Poster

The app lets you add your boarding pass and membership card to the iOS wallet app. Why not just add the drink coupons there?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.