Porsche Transfer at DTW?

Old May 18, 16, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO, SPG Plat100
Porsche Transfer at DTW?

Flying to NOLA this weekend, EWR-DTW-MSY, with a 52-minute layover in DTW. As a DM/360 anyone have an idea of my chances for one of those Porsche transfers?

And is there any notification you receive prior, or do you just walk off the plane and see someone waiting for you as a surprise?
Old May 18, 16, 9:37 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
How often do you get them elsewhere?!?
Old May 18, 16, 9:37 am
havnfn

Programs: Delta-DM; Hilton-Diamond; Hyatt-Diamond
52-min layover? If you're either not on a CR-J for *both* flights or *on* one for both, you'll be in the same terminal (well, at least won't have to go thru the groovy tunnel) and would have plenty of time for your connection. Doubt the Porsche would come into play, unless you get delayed and things are very close, time-wise.
Old May 18, 16, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Did the Porsche finally happen at DTW? I remember a thread not long ago about Detroit throwing a fit and trying to stop it because it wasn't built in the US.
Old May 18, 16, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
How often do you get them elsewhere?!?
Haven't had one yet. This is my first year as a 360/DM, and all my flights in 2016 so far have been direct.
Old May 18, 16, 10:23 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DrCordell View Post
Haven't had one yet. This is my first year as a 360/DM.
Well - CONGRATS to you!!!

As a DM/-599 - - that's NEGATIVE 599 , with a confirmed CVS (customer value score) of ZERO (that's from another old thread), I always look for a Porsche when I hava close connection - - but NADA!

. . . . . Just to add . . . . . To quote a regular well-known poster, something he said yesterday . . . .

"As long as you don't expect it."

Old May 18, 16, 10:27 am

Programs: SkyMiles
came in DTW from CWA last week to terminal C7 and got a flight out A67 and was picked up by the race team. was short but fun. layover time was 75min or so, so rush was no reason.

Good luck!
Old May 18, 16, 10:28 am
was WWads

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Well - CONGRATS to you!!!

As a DM/-599 - - that's NEGATIVE 599 , with a confirmed CVS (customer value score) of ZERO (that's from another old thread), I always look for a Porsche when I hava close connection - - but NADA!
Wonder what my score is. As a PM pleb, probably zero as well.
Old May 18, 16, 10:33 am
k2

Programs: Delta DM MM
Flying to NOLA this weekend, EWR-DTW-MSY, with a 52-minute layover in DTW. As a DM/360 anyone have an idea of my chances for one of those Porsche transfers?

And is there any notification you receive prior, or do you just walk off the plane and see someone waiting for you as a surprise?
Why not test the limits of 360, call the dedicated line and kindly ask that a transfer be arranged. I see no downside in asking.
Old May 18, 16, 10:49 am

I certainly don't want to hijack the topic of this thread - and, I don't think this works any more, but, here's the thread about how DL profiles us from 2013 . . . .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...about-you.html

Also, THIS for the OP:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...y-porsche.html
Old May 18, 16, 11:23 am
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare View Post
Did the Porsche finally happen at DTW? I remember a thread not long ago about Detroit throwing a fit and trying to stop it because it wasn't built in the US.
Certain folks may have speculated that, but I have seen zero facts to back up such speculation.

Here's DL's new release about the expansion in 2014 which included LGA, SEA, and DTW --

http://news.delta.com/porsche-servic...ga-sea-and-dtw
Old May 18, 16, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

I certainly don't want to hijack the topic of this thread - and, I don't think this works any more, but, here's the thread about how DL profiles us from 2013 . . . .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...about-you.html

Also, THIS for the OP:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...y-porsche.html
Thanks for the links Dave, unfortunately it looks like Delta nerfed most of the data they're collecting through the website. All the important variables such as customer value score are hidden or encoded now.

Sounds like it's mostly a crapshoot whether or not you get the Porsche... I'll make sure to post my success or lack thereof!
Old May 18, 16, 7:04 pm

Programs: DL DM, MM, NEXUS, SC Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LVC everywhere

If you get off the plane and there's someone in a suit and tie holding a sign with your name, you've got a ride.

Since you're over the MCT, I'd place your odds at 0 unless you have a late arrival and your gate assignments will realistically cause a misconnect. Also, in that case, if there's a later connection with seat availability you'd drop in priority.

The rides go to those who need them, not those who want them, although, if no one needs a ride and giving one to someone who's on the cusp won't interfere with subsequent needs, they have flexibility.

I had a ride at JFK earlier this year where I could not make a T4 - T2 connection to the last flight of the night without it. That's the kind of situation they're designed to handle, not someone's bucket list. I'm an extremely low value DM and I was on a V fare on that trip.
Old May 18, 16, 7:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Note that the Porsche ride would frequently eliminate the possibility of a SC stop along the way. Also, the ride means going down and up a lot of steep stairs with your carry on items, although the staff driver is likely to offer to help. Finally, remember that it's not a coupe, convertible, or sports car, but a rather boring vehicle for a Porsche. It's cool to ride around on the tarmac and see the airside underside of the airport and aircraft, but please set your expectations realistically.
Old May 18, 16, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Note that the Porsche ride would frequently eliminate the possibility of a SC stop along the way.

It's cool to ride around on the tarmac and see the airside underside of the airport and aircraft
I have only read a few of the posts in the main "Porsche" thread, but, I seem to remember at least one poster who told the driver that he didn't hava connecting flight, or something, and the driver told him that he would take him anywhere he wanted to go, so, I think he took him to some far away off-airport parking lot. Maybe the driver can drop you at a door near a SkyClub near your gate. Or, maybe, the drivers can take you on a little "underbelly" spin around the tarmac before dropping you off?

Now that I think about it, if the driver takes you to the stairway directly at the jetway to your connecting flight, and, assuming that the flight hasn't begun boarding yet, I guess the Porsche drivers have security passes / clearance to open the jetway doors to the boarding area?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: