Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Frustrated with Delta's new "Economy Comfort upgrade"

Old May 18, 16, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Anyone else frustrated with Delta's new "Economy Comfort Upgrade". I am Platinum and keep getting "upgraded" to economy comfort, but there are no available seats in economy comfort. As a result, I keep losing my exit row aisle seat and continue to have to call Delta to get my seat back. Given the choice, I don't want to be upgraded to Economy comfort, if my only option will ultimately be a middle seat. I would rather keep my exit row aisle seat.

This is frustrating- because if you opt out of being upgraded, you loose your chance of getting upgraded to First Class.
Old May 18, 16, 7:03 am

Programs: AA EXP - 3.5MM, Bonvoy LIFETIME Titanium Elite, HH Diamd, Priority Clb PLT, Ntnl Exec, Sixt PLT
Originally Posted by Pattyp View Post
Anyone else frustrated with Delta's new "Economy Comfort Upgrade". I am Platinum and keep getting "upgraded" to economy comfort, but there are no available seats in economy comfort. As a result, I keep losing my exit row aisle seat and continue to have to call Delta to get my seat back. Given the choice, I don't want to be upgraded to Economy comfort, if my only option will ultimately be a middle seat. I would rather keep my exit row aisle seat.

This is frustrating- because if you opt out of being upgraded, you loose your chance of getting upgraded to First Class.
- I got over with my frustrations when I quit flying DL some time ago.
Old May 18, 16, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
My general frustrations with SkyMiles drove me out of the program some years ago (today I credit my few DL segments to AS) so I don't have the pleasure of discovering I've been auto-upgraded into a bad middle seat three rows forward of the OK aisle seat I chose at booking. Legroom isn't everything.

Customers to whom this happens ought to receive an e-notifier offering the middle seat upgrade and inviting acceptance or rejection.
Old May 18, 16, 8:58 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Gold, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Pattyp View Post
Look closely at your upgrade options. There are two check boxes: Uncheck just the one for EC and not the one for First Class. That way, you can keep your assigned exit row seat and still be eligible for a medallion upgrade.

The topic belongs in the Delta forum by the way.
Old May 18, 16, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL, Hyatt, National
Originally Posted by Bowgie View Post
Look closely at your upgrade options. There are two check boxes: Uncheck just the one for EC and not the one for First Class. That way, you can keep your assigned exit row seat and still be eligible for a medallion upgrade.

The topic belongs in the Delta forum by the way.
Yep, and if you're with a companion on lower status be damn sure you uncheck that unless you both want to get stuck in a middle seat at their window, or worse at the gate after 20 SDC moves around the system mess things up for you.
Old May 18, 16, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, National EE
i just got upgraded to a middle seat in C+ and can't downgrade on online....arrrgg! calling in and agent seem to be having a hard time downgrading me.
Old May 18, 16, 6:11 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
So, maybe the program should be renamed "Musical Chairs"?

Old May 18, 16, 6:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels View Post
So, maybe the program should be renamed "Musical Chairs"?

That's too kind.
Old May 18, 16, 6:35 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Please, send your frustration by email to delta. The more they receive the better.
Old May 18, 16, 6:45 pm

Programs: UA1K .6MM
Delta finally crossed a line and got way out ahead of itself with this one. Watch AA and UA pick up the exodus.
Old May 18, 16, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Noir, TR 7*, Marriott Tit, UA Gold
Originally Posted by tuolumne View Post
Delta finally crossed a line and got way out ahead of itself with this one. Watch AA and UA pick up the exodus.
AA appears to be right behind

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...ic-routes.html

maybe they'll learn from this and make a better implementation though.
Old May 18, 16, 7:18 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, HI Spire, SPG gold, Marriott Gold, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
I booked a flight for Mrs. P . and myself. We were placed on E- seats but when I opened the seat map after completing purchase we were in an aisle and middle - same side/same row. I moved us to 2 aisles.

No big deal and not much different than before the change.
Old May 18, 16, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by tuolumne View Post
I'll be over here holding my breath waiting for the "exodus" to occur. Let me know when it starts.
Old May 18, 16, 7:35 pm
LBJ
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM
How does one get upgraded to C+ with no seats available? I had flights on Tuesday that I booked several weeks ago where I was upgraded a few hours after selecting C+ upgrade desired on them. However, it didn't initially select the seats for me (I had to do that). Perhaps OP got upgraded awhile back and didn't realize it and by the time they got around to selecting a C+ seat they were all assigned??
Old May 18, 16, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by krlcomm View Post
I'll be over here holding my breath waiting for the "exodus" to occur. Let me know when it starts.
LOL....

Read the archives.....DL should have parked their last jet in the desert months ago and tumbleweeds should be blowing through the terminals at ATL if you take to heart any of the "exodus" predictions/threats.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: