Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Frustrated with Delta's new "Economy Comfort upgrade"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Frustrated with Delta's new "Economy Comfort upgrade"

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Show me the points!
Went from a nice window seat in MC to no seat assigned with only middles available last night. This system is horrible. I just sent in a complaint.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:37 am

Programs: Lifetime AA PLT,BMI Gold, HH Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold, Marriott Platin SPG Gold
Smile

I stopped using Delta 100% after they took away the ability to upgrade on L fares and never looked back.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:54 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by nichojo
Went from a nice window seat in MC to no seat assigned with only middles available last night. This system is horrible. I just sent in a complaint.
Isn't there a specific warning when you check the "Accept UG to C+" box that warns you of possibly being assigned to a middle seat?
Old May 19, 2016, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter/2.5MM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Avis PP, National Exec-E
Originally Posted by davetravels
Isn't there a specific warning when you check the "Accept UG to C+" box that warns you of possibly being assigned to a middle seat?
Yes, but it could easily be a box for UG to any available C+ seat and another for DO NOT UG to a middle C+ seat. It would be a simple software fix.

"An UG to a middle seat in C+ isn't an UG."
Old May 19, 2016, 12:41 pm

Programs: DL GM, RIP SPG
Originally Posted by Bowgie
I can't see the harm of letting Gold and Silver medallions have the EC crumbs.
Nobody buys the cow when you get the milk for free. Even if only one or two FO's or GM's pay the extra $100 for the "upgrade" Delta is coming out ahead. It's the way the entire industry is heading, no use in fighting it.

My hope is that since they've decided it's a separate "cabin" now, they'll improve the hard product further. Needless to say I'm not holding my breath...
Old May 19, 2016, 1:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The easy way to improve the C+ hard product instantly would be to block the middle seats. Alternatively, there could be a policy not to put nonrevs into C+ middle seats until all other seats on the aircraft are occupied rather than assigning coach nonrev seats from front to back, with the higher status nonrevs getting C+.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I didn't see one.

I just booked my first flight under the new system less than an hour ago through Concur. I kept trying to pick a seat in C+ and was told that I could only select a seat in my fair class. I finally clicked on "manage upgrades" and noticed the C+ option wasn't checked so I checked it. Magically I was "upgraded" and my assigned seats disappeared. I was able to go in and select C+ seats after that.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yohanson
I could only select a seat in my fair class.
I think that's fare.

Last edited by davetravels; May 19, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Old May 19, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL DM
Yes, clearly easier to go to a website, log on, find the appropriate forum, read through the forum, type your bit**, complaint, threat, and whine than to actually read the instructions.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Silver. Former AA gold. UA MP and DL Plat AMEX cardholder
Posted this in another thread - it's worth a repeat. This happened on Tuesday:

"Had an interesting experience at LAX flying back to DEN on business. I've tried to stay on top of the new C+ policies but there's a lack of information about it.

So I went to the LAX Sky Priority counter and asked how I get put onto this new upgrade list. 2 agents told me Silvers don't qualify for any comped upgrade for comfort plus. I was floored - even called up AA to get match since it's all about C+ when first class doesn't clear.

Finally in the security line I went on the website to dig deeper and yes, Silvers do indeed get comp C+ after being on an upgrade list. The thing that DL doesn't really mention is you have to go into your reservation and click a checkbox to get on the list. It took me 10 minutes to find the stupid checkbox - I don't know why we aren't automatically on the list.

I clear both segments and it's not a deal breaker for me - but it's dumb to me to have gate agents re-print boarding passes for C+ at the gate. Will be interesting to see how this move pans out - but those LAX agents were rude about it. Telling a Silver flat out "NO" is something that would happen over at United."

I also twetted to DL about this - got a very canned response. Considering writing to customer service - agents should know the policy and not be left in the dark.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
I think that's fare.

My bad.

Multitasking and talking to a colleague while posting.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by yohanson
My bad.
Nah. It's all good!
Old May 19, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: DL DM, 2 MM; OW Emerald; MVP Gold 100k;Marriott/SPG LTPlat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SYRRDU
"An UG to a middle seat in C+ isn't an UG."
^^^^THIS!^^^^
Old May 19, 2016, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by REPUBLIC757
I don't know why we aren't automatically on the list.

it's dumb to me to have gate agents re-print boarding passes for C+ at the gate.
Even under the old (former) system, F UGs had to be requested, it was just a slightly different process.

As to getting new BPs at the gate - - - You don't hafto! When you scan your old BP at the gate BP reader, it'll spit out a new BP with yer new seat number.

My most recent trip - I scanned my mobile BP at the gate, and the reader spat out a new BP with a different seat number, and I couldn't figure out why! Old: 4B / New: 3C. I asked the GA if she changed my seat - she said no! I boarded the plane, and 4B DOESN'T exist on a CR9! It turns out that I had scanned my CONNECTING flight's BP, so, the gate reader printed the correct one for that flight!
Old May 19, 2016, 2:49 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
this is kind of like when people refused to get and use email

now, you need to get a smart phone and use the app

its very, very simple...... just uncheck the box if you don't want to be moved.

(or do it online)

this is not going away

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.