Security lines at SFO?

Old May 17, 16, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plt / LTG, Amtrak Select+
Security lines at SFO?

I just found out a client meeting is going to be starting an hour later than I expected. I won't be able to leave until 1pm and will be getting to SFO ~ 1:30pm for a 2:10pm SFO to JFK flight.

I have pre-check and skypriority. Will I be able to make my flight? Am I cutting it short? How have the pre-check lines usually been at SFO for the transcon?
Old May 17, 16, 7:29 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Assuming you don't have to check luggage, I think you will be ok. I would not get there any later than 1:30, and boarding may have already started. SFO is typically a very quick and easy airport.
Old May 17, 16, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Plt / LTG, Amtrak Select+
Thank you! I'm not checking any bags... and hoping I can leave my meeting at 12:45. But 1:30 is definitely the latest I'll be there
Old May 17, 16, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Another thing working in your favor is that the departure gates are really close to security so you won't have a long hike no matter which gate is used.
Old May 17, 16, 8:23 pm
was WWads

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
In addition, you won't have to deal with the TSA work stoppage, since SFO has private security.
Old May 17, 16, 10:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Cutting it slightly close but you should still be fine, assuming you have your boarding pass before you get there.
Old May 18, 16, 9:13 am

Programs: DL FO, SPG Plat100
Did the JFK-SFO transcon 2x weekly for 8 months last year. You should be completely fine with the timing you mentioned above. Never had to wait more than 10 minutes in the TSA Pre security line at the Delta terminal.
Old May 18, 16, 11:02 am

Programs: DL PM
i regularly get to SFO with 30 minutes to spare (because i'm reckless) and with pre-check, I am at the gate within 5-6 minutes. SP doesn't have a bearing on security if you're pre-check here.
Old May 18, 16, 11:18 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
plane will be mostly fully boarded by the time you get to the gate so hopefully your not counting on using OHB space
Old May 18, 16, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, everyone. Got to SFO at 130 and had one person on pre check lane. Made it to the gate while they were still boarding premium.. Where the gate agent called my name and gave me the upgrade! It's been a great travel day so far
Old May 18, 16, 5:53 pm

Programs: DL GM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by uppereastsider View Post
the gate agent called my name and gave me the upgrade! It's been a great travel day so far
Did you use a certificate/mileage upgrade or was it an op-up because coach was full?
Old May 18, 16, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jdrtravel View Post
Did you use a certificate/mileage upgrade or was it an op-up because coach was full?
I used a RUC. Was 3/3 for 1 seat, but apparently #1 and #2 were a couple so they gave up their request because they didn't want to split up

Search this Thread
Search Engine: