Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is FEBO enforced?

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Is FEBO enforced?

Is FEBO enforced these days? I haven't flown Delta in over 1 1/2 years. I only encountered FEBO specifically being mentioned and enforced by FAs once. It was an odd numbered flight and I sat in row 1 that flight not thinking about FEBO and had to take what was left. I have an odd numbered flight coming up soon (it seems to me that most of my flights in the past have been even numbered).
Old May 17, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL SkyClub, DL AmEx Plat, SPG +, Hilton Silver, Hertz, Thrifty BlueChip, NEXUS/GE
As with most things DL related - it depends. Consistency is not their primary standpoint. I'd say I see FEBO utilized approximately 30% of the time.
Old May 17, 2016, 2:08 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
This is why I tend to sit mid-cabin in F. Ya' just don't know what they're gonna do!

You'll find me in row 3 of a 6 row 757 on JFK/MEX this week!
Old May 17, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by OnTheSlopes
As with most things DL related - it depends. Consistency is not their primary standpoint. I'd say I see FEBO utilized approximately 30% of the time.
Yep, it's a crapshoot. And there is no FEBO on D1 flights.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Yep, it's a crapshoot. And there is no FEBO on D1 flights.
I thought the rule was no FEBO on dual aisle aircraft.

On single aisle aircraft, FE is followed very consistently but BO less than 50-50.
Old May 17, 2016, 3:23 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I thought the rule was no FEBO on dual aisle aircraft.

On single aisle aircraft, FE is followed very consistently but BO less than 50-50.
FEBO Sunday on an odd # flight from SFO to ATL on a 767. IME I see FEBO about 70% of the time. As someone else mentioned, I tend to sit in one of the middle rows if possible to up the odds of getting something I want.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am pretty close to booking a Delta One Transcon JFK-LAX flight and wanted to know where I should sit to get the best chance of what I want for dinner. All my recent flights on Delta have been shorter hauls where its not important.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:50 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
If meal choice is important to you, I'd sit toward the middle of the cabin.

Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
I just had febo from BWI to MSP. I was in row three, so I got my choice. I agree with the the 70% it's followed for taking orders. About 30% for serving FEBO. Even on that flight. The odd numbered flight was still served front to back. Orders were taken back to front.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:09 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Flew 1659 yesterday and they served from the back. We had our bulkhead seats and waited to see what was left. My wife and I both chose the same lunch, but there was still one of the other choice for the last 2 people.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I would never alter my seat choice in order to get a better shot at a mediocre at best airline meal on a US carrier.

With respect to FEBO-as other say some FAs do it some dont.

Last edited by DLATL777; Sep 9, 2016 at 10:27 am
Old Sep 9, 2016, 10:56 am

IME they usually take orders FEBO on mainline flights, but almost always serve front to back. On DL connection (Compass), my most recent experience they did not do FEBO on an odd numbered flight, but for regional carriers its a pretty small sample size, since to know if they are doing FEBO not only does it need to be a meal flight, but also odd numbered. I would sit toward the middle to be safe if meal choice is important (it is for me). If middle seats are taken, and its a mainline flight, I would gamble that they will be doing FEBO. Regional flight, take a seat at the front.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: none
If it's that important, do this:

Some time before meal service starts, speak to the FA, "If possible, I would prefer to eat the XXX meal for (insert reason here). Is that OK?"

FA will either say, "Sure" or "No way".

Problem solved.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 11:43 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
FEBO was used on my trips PHX-SEA-PHX. Odd numbered flight northbound and I was in 1A and got only the Luvo wrap choice at breakfast (which I think was the evening wrap anyhow) and even numbered on the return when again in 1A got to choose from both Luvo choices.
On the transPac westbound the purser seemed to be just going by rows (I was in 1K), eastbound the purser was clearly hopping around the cabin based on, I'm guessing status. He took a few orders upstairs, then disappeared, then came back about 10 minutes later and talked with other passengers.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 12:44 pm
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by Miesque
I am pretty close to booking a Delta One Transcon JFK-LAX flight and wanted to know where I should sit to get the best chance of what I want for dinner. All my recent flights on Delta have been shorter hauls where its not important.
Unlike in regular domestic first, there are more meals catered than the number of passengers for the D1 transcons, so your chances of getting your first choice are quite a bit higher. I was on a JFK-SFO last week with 8 passengers for 16 seats and overhead the FAs saying they had 8-9 of each of the 3 options. I suspect they might cater the same regardless of the load but even with 16 passengers there still would have been a good chance of getting your preference.

That said on SFO-JFK I was in row 1 and the FA took orders from the back on an even-numbered flight so you really can never know for sure what will happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.