Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection on China Eastern When Booked with Delta Miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Just went through the whole process, figured should share some tips:

Once you booked the ticket:

1. Call Delta to get the PNR for China Eastern. (was told by Delta agents that this info can only be obtained by calling)

2. Call China Eastern 1 (800) 200-5118 to select seat. The agents do not seem to be very familiar with airplane types and seat configuration so it would be a good idea to pull the seat map from delta.com by selecting the exact same flight's seat map, and have that in front of you.

Overall, it's a pain but it's easier than I thought.
Old May 16, 2016, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by guoguo914

1. Call Delta to get the PNR for China Eastern. (was told by Delta agents that this info can only be obtained by calling)

2. Call China Eastern 1 (800) 200-5118 to select seat. The agents do not seem to be very familiar with airplane types and seat configuration so it would be a good idea to pull the seat map from delta.com by selecting the exact same flight's seat map, and have that in front of you.

Thanks for this helpful info! Were you able to get either a bulkhead or exit-row seat? Was the DL seat map accurate in terms of showing open seats?
Old May 16, 2016, 4:01 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive

Why not just make the seat selection on delta.com? It now works to select the MU seats directly on delta.com, and it does seem to save and carry through.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
Thanks for this helpful info! Were you able to get either a bulkhead or exit-row seat? Was the DL seat map accurate in terms of showing open seats?
Yes. 100% accurate - at least for the flight I booked.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RealHJ
Why not just make the seat selection on delta.com? It now works to select the MU seats directly on delta.com, and it does seem to save and carry through.
Not in my case. I booked the ticket yesterday and was not able to select seat online. Tried again today, no luck either.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Not in my case. I booked the ticket yesterday and was not able to select seat online. Tried again today, no luck either.
Hmm, that is odd. I've had it where before DL would just display the MU seatmap but wouldn't allow to select seats. For the last few months, however, it has worked to save the seat and it does seem to actually save it and push it through to MU (same for KE; also before could only see seatmap but not select seats, but last few months it works to select it, and checking on koreanair.com it does save and carry through).

May be it works for some MU flights and not others.. odd, though.

EDIT: I just checked and seat selection on delta.com still works, on both MU and KE. Before it used to work like a year ago for a shortish while, then went to view only but can't select seats for quite a while, but now the last few months it works to select and save the seats again. Hopefully it'll stick around now.

Last edited by RealHJ; May 16, 2016 at 4:54 pm
Old May 18, 2016, 12:12 am
Original Poster

Hmm, that is odd. I've had it where before DL would just display the MU seatmap but wouldn't allow to select seats. For the last few months, however, it has worked to save the seat and it does seem to actually save it and push it through to MU (same for KE; also before could only see seatmap but not select seats, but last few months it works to select it, and checking on koreanair.com it does save and carry through).

May be it works for some MU flights and not others.. odd, though.

EDIT: I just checked and seat selection on delta.com still works, on both MU and KE. Before it used to work like a year ago for a shortish while, then went to view only but can't select seats for quite a while, but now the last few months it works to select and save the seats again. Hopefully it'll stick around now.
Good to know.

Any idea how to get the China Eastern PNR easily (without calling Delta)?
Old May 18, 2016, 1:23 am

Good to know.

Any idea how to get the China Eastern PNR easily (without calling Delta)?
Unfortunately no.. I'd just e-mail Delta to ask for it and save the time calling.
Old May 18, 2016, 2:38 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Unfortunately no.. I'd just e-mail Delta to ask for it and save the time calling.
I've been able to get my partner PNRs by messaging Delta on Twitter.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 1:06 am

I just now successfully selected China Eastern seats using the Fly Delta app on my iPhone. I was not able to select seats using the Delta website.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by titojohn
I just now successfully selected China Eastern seats using the Fly Delta app on my iPhone. I was not able to select seats using the Delta website.
Can you confirm by using the China Eastern website directly that the seat selections took? Sorry to doubt your statement, but often the Delta App and Website like to tell you you've made a seat selection when in reality it lies.

Would be a great update to the app if it really works!
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Can you confirm by using the China Eastern website directly that the seat selections took? Sorry to doubt your statement, but often the Delta App and Website like to tell you you've made a seat selection when in reality it lies.

I have not yet been successful in logging in to the China Eastern website to check seat selection. But, after making the seat selections on app, the seat selections showed up on the Delta website booking. What's the trick to log in to China Eastern website?
Old Jun 14, 2016, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by titojohn
I have not yet been successful in logging in to the China Eastern website to check seat selection. But, after making the seat selections on app, the seat selections showed up on the Delta website booking. What's the trick to log in to China Eastern website?
Can you put in your info here
http://us.ceair.com/muovc/newsitefro...SeatLoad.shtml

You'll need to use the ticket number and not the PNR
Old Jun 14, 2016, 6:29 pm

Can you put in your info here
http://us.ceair.com/muovc/newsitefro...SeatLoad.shtml

You'll need to use the ticket number and not the PNR
I keep getting "Query seat image error Or Select seat error . Please contact webSite administrator !" This popup is seen right after I input my info. I never get to the point of actually seeing any seat image or ability to select a seat.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 4:55 am

You cannot do that. You can only verify your ticket validity on the MU site, but it does not have any functionality to select or show your seat assignments.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.