Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta says they're sorry - I just don't know what for.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2016, 9:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat, NW/DL 2MM

Has anyone ever gotten an email like this?

Hello, ----- Skymiles: #----------
YOU DESERVE BETTER
You've worked hard to get where you are today and we want to make your time with us go as smoothly as possible. However, sometimes things don't go as planned and for that we're sorry.

Please know that we're committed to delivering exceptional service on every flight. We're proud of our strong on-time record, but it doesn't mean much when your flight was not up to our standards. We continue to invest in technology and improve our processes to make your experience smoother.

We hope you'll understand and we look forward to flying with you soon.

No mention of what they did or which flight they're referring to (sounds like an apology for a delay, but there are so many delays to choose from) and no mystery Skymiles showing up for any of them. Just a blanket and quite generic apology for... whatever.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
Delta Apology.pdf (208.8 KB, 131 views)
Old May 15, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Flight Departed Late

I've seen this before. I think it means one of your flights departed late, but not enough for you to care or notice. I'm sure it's just auto-generated, and Delta's threshold for what is considered "late" is a little too tight.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:16 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I got one for a flight that was slightly over an hour late due to thunderstorm activity at the destination.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:48 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
I've gotten this for a flight that was "delayed" but actually arrived early. Then nothing for a 3+ hour delay. I chalk it up to the random number generator at the heart of DL's IT systems.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:58 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum; Marriott Platinum
I assumed that they sent it to everyone yesterday because of the TSA delays at ATL. Of course, I went through pre-check, but heard many, many complaints from those who went through in the regular line.
Old May 16, 2016, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Something BAD be coming. Apology before the crime
Old May 16, 2016, 5:33 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA Gold
I got the same one last year, didn't refer to any specific event.
Old May 16, 2016, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I have had a couple of these unexplained gestures over the years.
Old May 16, 2016, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by azeckel
I've gotten this for a flight that was "delayed" but actually arrived early. Then nothing for a 3+ hour delay. I chalk it up to the random number generator at the heart of DL's IT systems.
This has happened to me too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.