Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

What is the worst SkyTeam Lounge? I've got my vote!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the worst SkyTeam Lounge? I've got my vote!

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by LAXRuss
No intent to hijack this thread, but after reading so much gloom and doom, I thought I should put in a positive note: I HATE flying Delta domestic out of IAD, as they often have the CRJs. However, the compensation is that if you have a full Sky Club Membership or Priority Pass, you need to start the domestic flight with a glass of Champagne in the AF Lounge, which was formerly the NW World Club. Yes, AF and DL are on opposite ends of the concourse, but the key is that following the signs for the underground people mover from the main terminal to AF will land you steps away from the AF Lounge if you have time to spare, then you simply need to allot time to walk to the DL flight. The French champagne, sandwiches and food in the AF Lounge compensate for the IAD departure in CRJs.
This is surprising because in a number of AF lounges, AF provides the (real) champagne only for IFC passengers. This was the case in NRT (R.I.P.), although I've been able to request the champagne at NCE.
Old May 14, 2016, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by Agremeister
Oh no, the worst SkyTeam lounges are any of the lounges in Terminal 1 in Shanghai. All of them are the exact same little room with 15-20 chairs, awful cheap chinese food, and the only alcohol on offer is a bottle of Jack Daniels and some weird chinese wine. Not sure if any of them have showers, but considering the state of the rest of the lounge I'd be nervous to try them.
^^
Old May 15, 2016, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by DJCobol
ATL b terminal by gate 11. It's terrible.
I was just in there. I thought it was nice but watch out for peak times. It filled pretty fast.
Old May 15, 2016, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by jdrtravel
AF lounge at BOD (Bordeoux). Granted it's a small airport, but to gain access to the non-staffed lounge, you ask the cashier at the fast food counter next to the lounge for the door code, and then you enter a 200 square foot room with chairs and snacks and a dirty bathroom.
Ugh! Been through BOD a number of times but always early in the morning or on way to get to my apart. Never tried the lounge. I will say though that the BOD security is always friendly and fast...
Old May 15, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta 1MM / DM, Avis First, Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Gold
SkyTeam lounge at HKG -- the unique confluence of bad location, indifferent service, and inedible food. A worldwide low.
Old May 15, 2016, 10:50 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, ANA Platinum
The old SFO lounge was pretty disgusting. Glad they got that one replaced.
Old May 15, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by FireEmblemPride
The old SFO lounge was pretty disgusting. Glad they got that one replaced.
Yeah, the bathrooms were especially bad. On the plus side, it was never crowded and the staff were (and still are) really nice.
Old May 16, 2016, 12:30 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, DL SkyMiles, HHonors (Gold)
Is it my imagination, or are there more votes for non-DL Sky Clubs than there are for actual SCs?

In many threads I read, it always seems that the lounges for US carriers (AA, DL and, especially UA) are dumps of varying degrees, while the international carriers are palaces (at least compared to the ACs, SCs, and UCs).

But here, it seems that the US-based clubs aren't all so bad after all.

Who would have thought?
Old May 16, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Worst Skyteam lounges for the size of the airports must be the ones in China: PEK with that BGS Airport Lounge, PVG, SHE, CTU...

Some of the EU lounges might be somewhat dissapointing but can accept it (size & frequency of ST flights) still better then no lounges at all as is the case in a lot of US airports....still CDG 2G is pretty dissapointing.
Old May 16, 2016, 2:37 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This is surprising because in a number of AF lounges, AF provides the (real) champagne only for IFC passengers. This was the case in NRT (R.I.P.), although I've been able to request the champagne at NCE.
At IAD, they served a lesser brand of champagne to anyone of legal drinking age in the business class part of their lounge (you didn't have to show your ticket or boarding pass to get champagne), and then were serving Veuve Clicquot to the pax in the "La Premiere" part of the club (the bar separates the two areas).
Old May 16, 2016, 5:08 am
JBa

Programs: some
I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned yet the AF lounge at STR.
Old May 16, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
AF lounges at LYS, BSL, MUC etc are suffering from the same issue...still better as no ST lounge.
Old May 18, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
AF lounge at LYS. No food, very uncomfortable seating.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Airfrance Salon lounge at TXL
Old May 21, 2016, 9:13 am

Programs: QMiles,Delta, United, Miles & More, AA, Avis, Hertz, National, SPG, Le Club Accorhotels
For me it was SLC... Crowded.. no empty seats... dirty bathrooms... completely different experience from 12 hrs previously in NRT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.