Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can I book skymiles by segment like AA?

Old May 12, 16, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

I want to fly from STT St Thomas, US Virgin Islands to the NYC area one way next April using Skymiles. When doing a search the flights that come up leave too early in the day and won't work. However there is a flight STT to Atlanta ATL later in the day 22,500 miles and a flight ATL to NYC, either LGA or JFK 12,500 miles that would connect well. Can one call and get this connection for 22,500 miles like one can for AA? Or are you stuck with whatever comes up searching the originating and final destination?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 12, 16, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
DL award pricing uses "married segment" logic, so it doesn't matter what the individual flights show ... pricing is based solely on origin-->destination

enter "NYC" as the destination when searching on the website will return flight options to all area airports
Old May 12, 16, 9:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL PM, UA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Not officially anymore. Some agents know how to override and are willing, but you're talking maybe 1:15.
Old May 12, 16, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime GE), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by WWads View Post
Not officially anymore. Some agents know how to override and are willing, but you're talking maybe 1:15.
+1

Unlikely. Not supposed to do that anyway. Very few agents would be willing to do that or even have access to do so.

Not with DL, KL and AF at least (may be also some other airlines like AZ).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: