Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:24 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler

Delta will provide CLEAR's biometric service to its US Diamond Medallion members free of charge

...and all U.S. Delta SkyMiles members will have access to preferential pricing.

Link to Yahoo story-> http://tinyurl.com/hlbe7tq

Delta Air Lines and CLEAR Partner to Improve Airport Experience

Link to CLEAR site for airport locations-> https://www.clearme.com/where-is-clear/#where-is-clear

I have added a WIKI so all can edit and update info.

Last edited by Renes Points; Jun 21, 2016 at 9:46 am Reason: wiki info
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:30 am

Programs: Delta DDM 720, SPG Unobtainium, CC Adamantium, can I keep bragging now?
Is there any real point to CLEAR? Isn't PreCheck better overall?
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
That sounds like its a downgrade not an upgrade for DM's.

CLEAR is really still in business? That thing sucks.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 6:48 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
I just looked at their site, they are basically at no airports.

Also what is funny is they are doing that CLEAR at stadiums thing AGAIN!!

Baseball this time, did they not remember it was a failure at NFL stadiums?

Also its funny its a "Delta benefit" as it is at NO hubs or focus airports.

Though its available at Westchester County airport!!! For the 7 people that go there a year.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
I used to fly HOU-ATL every week, and they didn't have a dedicated Pre-Check line at HOU, though they do have a CLEAR line. I took that flight again one more time towards the end of last year though, and I believe that they now have a dedicated Pre-Check that was added with the recent terminal expansion. If so, then I don't know of any airports with CLEAR but not Pre-Check.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by BOSTransplant
I used to fly HOU-ATL every week, and they didn't have a dedicated Pre-Check line at HOU, though they do have a CLEAR line. I took that flight again one more time towards the end of last year though, and I believe that they now have a dedicated Pre-Check that was added with the recent terminal expansion. If so, then I don't know of any airports with CLEAR but not Pre-Check.
Yep. Hobby has pre-check line now. Was there this weekend.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:18 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
That's what I was thinking.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by vincentharris
I just looked at their site, they are basically at no airports.

Also what is funny is they are doing that CLEAR at stadiums thing AGAIN!!

Baseball this time, did they not remember it was a failure at NFL stadiums?

Also its funny its a "Delta benefit" as it is at NO hubs or focus airports.

Though its available at Westchester County airport!!! For the 7 people that go there a year.
Well, it's actually about 750k, but your point is well taken.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM/2.9M, AA EXP, *A Gold
As a counterpoint, we fly regularly from MCO, MIA, DEN & SFO - all CLEAR locations. In every case, it is FAR quicker than Pre-Check - especially during peak travel periods where the Pre-Check line gets long. The fingerprint scan takes 10 seconds and then we jump in front of everyone waiting in the Pre-Check line.

I, for one, love it and hope they keep expanding.

Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I thought CLEAR went away again... or at least I was hoping it did. I remember when this crap first came out and they over expanded and went bust because almost nobody used it. I also question how secure their systems are with personal and biometric data.

Don't need another 'service' to pay money. Their normal pricing of $179/yr is a joke. Hopefully as precheck expands this service will fade away again. Getting to jump to the front of the Pre line and save up to 5 minutes isn't worth it when you already have global entry or precheck.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:54 am

What nobody here is mentioning is that Delta announced a plan for a 5% stake in CLEAR. So presumably Delta will take CLEAR's biometric technology (e.g. retinal scans) and roll out a new CLEAR process to hub and focus airports.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: 4MM/DM, Marriott Lifetime PM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
I was a clear member before Pre-Check came along and the priority lines. It was nice and fast (and at a lot more airports). Since BR, they have slowly come back but I see no advantage or reason to rejoin (I have about 2 yrs left on my membership which is on hold). It's usefulness has come and gone.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:36 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K MM, Subway Club Member
It likely has a lot do to with DL's purchase of 5% of CLEAR. (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/delta-...125552211.html). I wonder what data they will have access to for marketing purposes since CLEAR presumably collects usage data including all passenger's boarding pass details (airline, flight, and maybe class of service/seat and other details).

The report I link to cites worry about increased TSA wait lines and maybe this is DL's attempt to improve its SkyPriority offering. CLEAR has also seemed to struggle to expand given its limited size, maybe with DL's involvement they can get a bit more leverage with Airport Owners and the TSA.

Originally Posted by HonoraryOrange
Clear + Pre-Check is a Godsend at DEN. Thursday afternoons are crazy and colleges of mine say the DEN Precheck lanes can be a 10-20 minute or longer wait routinely during peak times. Clear is nearly zero waiting and still comes with all the PreCheck benefits and is well worth the $150/yr for the airports where it exists.

I expect that part of this partnership will push a rollout of Clear to DL hubs (I'm looking at you MSP).

Last edited by kenn0223; Apr 29, 2016 at 8:45 am
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, UA PS, VX, Natl EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by kenn0223

I expect that part of this partnership will push a rollout of Clear to DL hubs (I'm looking at you MSP).
Bastian mentioned in the announcement that DL will work to add Clear to all hubs this summer.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 9:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Renes Points
Link to CLEAR site for airport locations-> https://www.clearme.com/where-is-clear/#where-is-clear
Includes the 4 airports I'm most likely to use! But I don't remember ever having insufferable Pre-check lines at the times that I tend to travel. Might be useful in a case where the Pre line is closed maybe but that's only happened to me a couple times out of SJC.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.