Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2019, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

PreCheck is now available in the E and F FIS checkpoints.
It’s kind of a “yes, but...” situation. Last time I went though E, it was “everyone with a US passport is pre”. Not saying that’s a bad thing necessarily, but the line was quite awful and of course most didn’t understand the pre-protocol, so it was moving slow. Wasn’t a great experience.
Old Feb 27, 2019, 10:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
What's the logic of people having (paying for and presumably having some sort of background check) and not having PreCheck if it's OK to give it to everyone with a USA passport?
jamesteroh likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:20 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by Xeno
I stopped in the ATL B lounge this morning in route to DCA. This time I found a CLEAR ME rep willing to help me. We ended up cancelling my original account and creating a new one.

Today with lotion they provided they got all the prints. They even claimed my eyes recorded better than the prints.

When I leave DCA Sunday morning, I will learn the truth about whether their equipment has been upgraded - and if so at all stations - or if the rep just accepted readings that will not work in the real-world rush to move along.

(BTW, I test my original account at the SC desk with their little unit but got no reading before the session with the CLEAR ME rep.)
Another unpleasant episode with CLEAR ME.

I arrived at DCA a few minutes ago and the pre-check line had fewer than CLEAR ME, but I wanted to test my biometrics. We eventually got a reading on my eyes, but then they asked for payment.

I showed them that I was DM but that did not mean anything to them. I checked my account last night and thought all was well, but yet another failure with trying to move faster using CLEAR ME.

I just checked my account again and it shows no payment needed until 2/2020.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 8:20 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I've had the same issue with CLEAR in recent weeks, where even though my account shows no payment needed until 11/2019, when I use CLEAR, their system shows up that I need to update my payment method. (My credit card attached to the account is still active.) I've e-mailed them with no reply and called them and the phone says "NO ROUTES FOUND" and then hangs up.
Xeno likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:33 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
Another unpleasant episode with CLEAR ME.

I arrived at DCA a few minutes ago and the pre-check line had fewer than CLEAR ME, but I wanted to test my biometrics. We eventually got a reading on my eyes, but then they asked for payment.

I showed them that I was DM but that did not mean anything to them. I checked my account last night and thought all was well, but yet another failure with trying to move faster using CLEAR ME.

I just checked my account again and it shows no payment needed until 2/2020.
IIRC when I first signed up with CLEAR, DMs were supposed to use some link on delta.dumb to make an account and then do the scans at an airport. My impression is that if you phone CLEAR, their customer service is pretty good. My most recent renewal seemed to go flawlessly with nothing needed from me.

Your fingerprint problems remind me of some story about a criminal having the bright idea to evade being caught robbing banks or whatever via fingerprints by cutting off skin on the tips of his fingers in order not to have fingerprints at all. What he didn't realize that it became much easier to match the patterns of where the prints had been cut off.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I agree that you had to link DM to Clear originally, but now it seems to auto-renew.

I actually wanted to let it lapse since I had several months of no need for it, and I planned to renew later in the year so that if/when I drop to Plat, I'd have it longer. But now with the auto-renew, that's not possible unfortunately.

But, in the end, I still almost never bother.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
This morning at LGA it took 30 minutes to get through PreCheck becuase of a steady stream of Clear members cutting the line. I'm sure it won't be long before one has to join clear just to get through in a reasonable time .
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but CLEAR overcharged me by $100.00 on my AMEX. They charged me for the price they charge those without status ($179); the price for a PM like me is $79.00. If you are in the same situation as me, you will want to check your credit card statement. It is disappointing when an outfit like this tries to cheat you; however, they are no different than outfits like Boingo internet -- I tried to order a one time, one day subscription with them, and ended up with a $15 per month recurring charge on my credit card.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Question

Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
This morning at LGA it took 30 minutes to get through PreCheck becuase of a steady stream of Clear members cutting the line. I'm sure it won't be long before one has to join clear just to get through in a reasonable time .
A half hour wait is absurd for precheck. I think giving precheck out at random to people without a TTN number is what is responsible for these long lines, not clear. If someone is getting clear due to Status or they are flying enough to justify paying for clear they are probably flying enough to have a paid GE or Precheck number anyway and unlike a lot of the people that get it at random people with clear fly enough to know the rules to get through quickly and not hold up the line (ie they know their shoes stay on, laptops stay in the bag, water can't go through the belt, know what jewelry alarms and needs to go on the belt, etc)
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Platinum, Former Amtrak Select, Former Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
A half hour wait is absurd for precheck. I think giving precheck out at random to people without a TTN number is what is responsible for these long lines, not clear. If someone is getting clear due to Status or they are flying enough to justify paying for clear they are probably flying enough to have a paid GE or Precheck number anyway and unlike a lot of the people that get it at random people with clear fly enough to know the rules to get through quickly and not hold up the line (ie they know their shoes stay on, laptops stay in the bag, water can't go through the belt, know what jewelry alarms and needs to go on the belt, etc)
The issue is not the number of people, the issue is that there is a steady stream of both regular PreCheck and Clear members coming in, and the regular PreCheck line doesn't move because of Clears "cutting" in the line.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:15 pm

NO, the issue is that TSA doesn't schedule sufficient employees during times that are known in advance to be having travel days/times and moreover, so many TSA workers who seem to be working (in uniform and presumably being paid) are just standing around doing nothing or sometimes talking together.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 2:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Thousands Standing Around
Old Mar 28, 2019, 10:33 am

CLEAR is expanding to more sports facilities, including the Minneapolis Twins (baseball) stadium, Target Field on the edge of downtown, gate 34, starting today.

CLEAR Sports (only) is free, and you can sign up at the facility, although it's not clear to me whether you can also join the full version including airports there.

If you already have CLEAR for airports, it's supposed to also work for sport facilities.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles, hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt
Originally Posted by lost_perspicacity
The issue is not the number of people, the issue is that there is a steady stream of both regular PreCheck and Clear members coming in, and the regular PreCheck line doesn't move because of Clears "cutting" in the line.
No one is “cutting” the line by using Clear. The Clear lane and the Pre-Check lanes just typically filter through the same TSA area, and Clear passengers are getting priority.
Old Mar 28, 2019, 12:56 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by DougSkymiles
No one is “cutting” the line by using Clear. The Clear lane and the Pre-Check lanes just typically filter through the same TSA area, and Clear passengers are getting priority.
as a CLEAR member I have no problem with this, but "getting priority" for "the same" resource is exactly the definition of "cutting in line". That doesn't mean it's improper or disallowed but it's still cutting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.