Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
PreCheck at MSP yesterday was a complete mess, as was the SkyPriority check in area. Everyone in line was grumbling, along with lots of comments about why DL has so many counter positions there if DL won't staff them during busy times. The rest of the airport looked deserted, although the SC seemed to have about the usual number of people and the flights I saw were full.

Yeah, it was Friday early evening, the start of a very long holiday weekend for some, and the first snowstorm of the season.

Please give me CLEAR at MSP ASAP. I'm all signed up with no place to go to avoid these horrible lines that TSA and DL created at MSP when they reconfigured an extremely efficient security setup.
It'd be just fine.. If they'd keep the d@mn lines open.

..And to think the $17M could've been put towards automated screening lanes.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Precisely. They need to raise the price! Very curious how long it takes until benefits are diluted by having too many members. I hope Clear has trolled this thread to keep track of those that initially thumbed their noses. Don't let them join!
Why? Without those new members Clear won't be expanding. Part of the issue has been it's a high price, and it's not even at a lot of major airport. Nor is there any plans for some. People are finding value now that it can actually be used.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Why? Without those new members Clear won't be expanding. Part of the issue has been it's a high price, and it's not even at a lot of major airport. Nor is there any plans for some. People are finding value now that it can actually be used.
The big question is this.. Why is the price the same for non status DL AMEX holders as it is for platinum's?

The AMEX and Main SM annual charge should be raised -at least for the Gold Amex. The fact that all I have to do is join SM, not fly a single mile and save over 60% makes little sense to me.

AMEX also shouldn't be onesize fits all, they range from a $0 intro to $450/yr. It's stupid to have them all at the same price with such a huge range between them.

And why is the employee discount $99? Might as well obliterate that too as there's no point since I can join SM for the same benefit.

Why not this instead..

DMs - FREE
PMs, Gold Medallions - 79
Employees, Silver, Plat & Reserve Amex holders - 99
Amex Gold - 120
SM - 150
Old Nov 19, 2016, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I agree, if they get more members they can expand at more airports. I'm sure Clear has a nice agreement worked out with Delta to have come to DTW and soon to ATL and seeing how fast clear is, I don't see it causing lines. It's a great benefit for diamond.

I think a good way to keep the lines short at security is to stop giving out Precheck to anyone that didn't pay for a TTN
Old Nov 19, 2016, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
The big question is this.. Why is the price the same for non status DL AMEX holders as it is for platinum's?

The AMEX and Main SM annual charge should be raised -at least for the Gold Amex. The fact that all I have to do is join SM, not fly a single mile and save over 60% makes little sense to me.

AMEX also shouldn't be onesize fits all, they range from a $0 intro to $450/yr. It's stupid to have them all at the same price with such a huge range between them.

And why is the employee discount $99? Might as well obliterate that too as there's no point since I can join SM for the same benefit.

Why not this instead..

DMs - FREE
PMs, Gold Medallions - 79
Employees, Silver, Plat & Reserve Amex holders - 99
Amex Gold - 120
SM - 150
I don't like it but I at least understand that Amex provides DL revenue so incentivizing the credit card more has a purpose.

But really, that big of a discount just for signing up for SkyMiles? That's absurd. Yes, DL gets a new email address to start spamming, but if I were a UA or AA loyalist at an airport with CLEAR, I'd sign up for DL to get the discount and that's it. Nothing else there to change anyone's behavior.

DL could get the same benefit (free marketing info) with even a $20 reduction for people wanting the Clear discount, and Clear gets to sell higher priced memberships to those folks.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton DM
I kinda want to keep it a secret. Clear is wonderful. I don't smoke, but I like to leave the airport if I have a layover of longer than an hour. I was in DTW. And came back after getting some air last week. The Clear people seemed to be surprised that I was clear. They must not have a lot of us coming through right now. But, I was able to move to the front of a very long pre-check line. Shhhh don't tell.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 3:55 pm

ATL launches Dec. 15.

The $50/6-month special isn't renewable.

For some reason, sign-ups can take days to register in their system. You can't sign and get your biometrics done in one day.

Clear's fee, of course, is debited instaneously.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by LegalTender
ATL launches Dec. 15.

The $50/6-month special isn't renewable.

For some reason, sign-ups can take days to register in their system. You can't sign and get your biometrics done in one day.

Clear's fee, of course, is debited instaneously.
You've can at airport for sure. Also I've known people to sign up online same day.
Old Nov 19, 2016, 11:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Apologies if this is clarified up thread already.

I had CLEAR via a Visa trial a while back, when they were still using the cards. I intend to reactivate when they open up in ATL.

Has anyone reactivated an old membership using the DL promo? Any issues doing this? Do you still need to go and redo the biometrics?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:15 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Clear did not work for me this AM in SAT. Nothing like fingers, thumbs or eyes. I think only one machine was working
Do I have to redo the initial process? I was trying to catch an earlier flight or I would have worked on my profile here.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by gooselee
Apologies if this is clarified up thread already.

I had CLEAR via a Visa trial a while back, when they were still using the cards. I intend to reactivate when they open up in ATL.

Has anyone reactivated an old membership using the DL promo? Any issues doing this? Do you still need to go and redo the biometrics?
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

Old Nov 23, 2016, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pseudoswede

Thanks!
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Apparently DL is really pushing clear now. They have a sign in kiosk and a CLEAR member trying to sell CLEAR in the SEA A SC. At least the guy wasn't hawking people like the amex folks do in ATL.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by securesmaskfirst
I kinda want to keep it a secret. Clear is wonderful. I don't smoke, but I like to leave the airport if I have a layover of longer than an hour. I was in DTW. And came back after getting some air last week. The Clear people seemed to be surprised that I was clear. They must not have a lot of us coming through right now. But, I was able to move to the front of a very long pre-check line. Shhhh don't tell.
Agree. I'm against the DM-free policy, and wish Clear was $500/yr. They're seriously diluting the utility by letting everybody and their brother join.

At least with the UK version of GE, you have to show heavy repeat travel to the UK to be admitted.
Old Nov 29, 2016, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jamienbaker
Agree. I'm against the DM-free policy, and wish Clear was $500/yr. They're seriously diluting the utility by letting everybody and their brother join.

At least with the UK version of GE, you have to show heavy repeat travel to the UK to be admitted.
What? Your comparing entirely different programs. One is for verifying ID at security, the other is for immigration and customs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.