Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 20, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ND76
List of Airports and Checkpoint Locations: https://clearme.com/where-we-are

ATL - Main and South Checkpoints
AUS - Checkpoint 1
BWI - Checkpoint B/C/D/and E
CLE - Pre-Check Entrance (Center of Terminal)
DAL - Main Checkpoint
DCA - Terminal A: Checkpoint; Terminal B/C: South/North/Center Checkpoints
DEN - North and South Chekpoint
DFW - E16 Security Checkpoint
DTW - McNamara and North Terminal Checkpoints
HOU - Main Checkpoint
HPN - Main Checkpoint
IAD - Main Terminal Checkpoint
IAH - Terminal A South Checkpoint
JFK - T4 Sky Priority/Pre-Check
LAS - T1: A/B/C/D Checkpoints; T3: E Checkpoint
LAX - T2/T3/T4/T6/T7 Checkpoints only
LGA - Terminal A/C/and D checkpoints only
MCO - East and West Checkpoints
MIA - Concourse E and H checkpoints only
MSP - T1 North and South Checkpoint
SAT - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SEA - Checkpoints 2/3/4/and 5
SFO - T1: Checkpoints B and C; T2: Checkpoint; T3 Checkpoints F1,F2, and F3; International Terminal: Checkpoints A and G
SJC - Terminal A and B Checkpoints
SLC - T2 Checkpoint only

Registration link: https://delta.clearme.com/

Once registered to complete enrollment bring one state approved ID to the enrollment center. You will need a valid, unamended US passport or passport card, US-issued Permanent Resident Card, a valid US driver's license, state-issued photo ID card, or a military ID. Once your identity is verified, they will scan your finger prints and get a picture of your iris.

This process takes about 5-7 minutes and can be done before a flight.

Costs:
  • Diamond Medallion® members: Complimentary
  • Platinum, Gold and Silver Medallion members: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • Delta AMEX primary card holders: $109 per year ($79 for those signed up before April 2019)
  • General SkyMiles Members: $119 per year ($99 for those signed up before April 2019)

Keep in mind Family add-on fee is just $50

You may also wish to peruse this thread in the Trusted Travelers forum: Is CLEAR worth $179 a year? (it goes beyond the question in the title, the answer to which is obviously "no" given the above pricing )

Former CLEAR members:

Originally Posted by pseudoswede
Give them a call to reactivate and give them your SkyMiles number. You shouldn't have to redo the biometrics.

https://clearme.com/faq -> click on "Former CLEAR Members"
From their FAQ: "We will honor any time that you have remaining on your CLEAR account. This time will be credited to you once you have reactivated your account."

Print Wikipost

Delta/CLEAR partnership (free/reduced membership)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by appleguru
Any idea when the SEA location is opening?
Any day now.. should be in July.

The recent WSJ article about Clear says it opens at the end of July..

And today Clear sent out an email called "Exciting Clear News.. New Look, New cities, Same speed". It shows off their new logo and darker blue color scheme. And and it also lists the 4 new airports DCA, IAD, SEA, and DTW. But only DTW says (coming soon). Since IAD and DCA are open already...the SEA opening must be imminent.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
I'm still dumbfounded that ATL isn't at the top of the rollout.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by puntamita
I signed up in NYC this past week. Very easy. Clear team was wonderful. I hope LGA gets clear soon.
I finished my enrollment today in Orlando. Took about 5 min and the staff was very friendly. I get to use it tomorrow when I fly back out of MCO and will report on the process itself.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 9:23 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR

And today Clear sent out an email called "Exciting Clear News.. New Look, New cities, Same speed". It shows off their new logo and darker blue color scheme. And and it also lists the 4 new airports DCA, IAD, SEA, and DTW. But only DTW says (coming soon). Since IAD and DCA are open already...the SEA opening must be imminent.
Just got that same email. Here's to hoping SEA is open when I fly through in a couple of weeks; would love to finish enrollment!
Old Jul 26, 2016, 9:17 am

I've used it once in LAS and once in SAT. They will place you in the front of the Pre-check line (assuming you already have pre-check). In LAS depending on the timing there is nobody in line at Pre-check so i just walk through that line. The difference being pulling out my license or not (both pre-check and CLEAR take about the same amount of time). I guess if you hit the right airport pairs you don't need any ID to travel as you can check in via a kiosk or phone, CLEAR uses biometrics instead of a physical ID and then you are through security and onto the plane (an ID is required to fly it just makes life a lot easier).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:08 am

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.

Went through SEA security in the "main" checkpoint (the one that dumps you into the food court area, I forget the checkpoint number). Along the wall near the TSA pre entrance there appeared to be 2 clear kiosks (although I didn't recognize them as they are a lot smaller than I've seen at other airports) and about 8 people in what appeared to be Clear uniforms standing around.

I didn't realize this until I was already in the maze to the ID check otherwise I would have stopped to ask about it. Hopefully this mean Clear will open soon in SEA, and if they are positioned right by the TSA pre entrance we can get the best of both clear and pre.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:45 am

Programs: DA Diamond(1 MM), Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador/Charter Ambassador, Hyatt Glob, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by ross123
I've used it once in LAS and once in SAT. They will place you in the front of the Pre-check line (assuming you already have pre-check). In LAS depending on the timing there is nobody in line at Pre-check so i just walk through that line. The difference being pulling out my license or not (both pre-check and CLEAR take about the same amount of time). I guess if you hit the right airport pairs you don't need any ID to travel as you can check in via a kiosk or phone, CLEAR uses biometrics instead of a physical ID and then you are through security and onto the plane (an ID is required to fly it just makes life a lot easier).
My thoughts exactly. I am newly minted Clear and just used it yesterday in Orlando. It was kind of cool with the finger print vs ID, but they just walked me to the front of the Pre Check line and the rest is standard pre check. I guess if pre check is packed it could come in handy.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Ryno1234
My thoughts exactly. I am newly minted Clear and just used it yesterday in Orlando. It was kind of cool with the finger print vs ID, but they just walked me to the front of the Pre Check line and the rest is standard pre check. I guess if pre check is packed it could come in handy.
TBH, my first experience with Clear sucked. Went into the Clear line at the enrollment center, and because the line comes after you show your ID, I was stuck waiting for at least 10 minutes.

Really a let down. Meanwhile, because of the dogs, we were unable to move to the other Clear line, and well.. You get the picture.

I'm surprised though that even general skymiles members get a discount too. Heck it's practically 50% off.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:46 pm

Used clear at DFW. The Clear queue (I was the only one in the queue) dumped out into a non-PreCheck screening lane. So I still had to take my laptop out of my bag, though I didn't have to take my shoes off and I went through the metal detector. I certainly wouldn't pay for that experience, but if it cuts to the front of the Atlanta PreCheck line (when they have Clear in ATL at some point) it might be worth it.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, UA.
Tweeted Clear today. They said SEA opened today.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:18 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by jalm1
Tweeted Clear today. They said SEA opened today.
3 days after i flew out of it

Registered anyway, will be in texas and then vegas next month so I'll try to do the last of the in-person registration once I land and hopefully try it out on the flights home.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, UA 1K MM, SPG Plat For Life, Marriott Plat, Nexus/GlobalEntry
Originally Posted by jalm1
Went through SEA security in the "main" checkpoint (the one that dumps you into the food court area, I forget the checkpoint number). Along the wall near the TSA pre entrance there appeared to be 2 clear kiosks (although I didn't recognize them as they are a lot smaller than I've seen at other airports) and about 8 people in what appeared to be Clear uniforms standing around.

I didn't realize this until I was already in the maze to the ID check otherwise I would have stopped to ask about it. Hopefully this mean Clear will open soon in SEA, and if they are positioned right by the TSA pre entrance we can get the best of both clear and pre.
That would be Center Checkpoint #3...the one open 24 hours. Though I'm sure CLEAR won't be 24/7 (nor is PreCheck at that Checkpoint...but Pre is open the longest at #3 of any of the checkpoints at SEA). Checkpoint 2 (one down to the south and just behind United's ticket counter) is better for most of DL's gates at SEA...mostly in the South satellite, the A gates and a few in B. But checkpoint 2 is usually shut down by 6pm (or sooner).

Checkpoint 3 is I guess a decent compromise since neither of the big fish (at SEA) got everything..you have to walk quite a ways to access the lion's share of the gates of the 2 largest carriers .. AS and DL.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
3 days after i flew out of it

Registered anyway, will be in texas and then vegas next month so I'll try to do the last of the in-person registration once I land and hopefully try it out on the flights home.
^^^^ I will make a special trip to add my biometric info and be all ready to travel next week.. and to report on how it looks.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:51 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
Registered coming into MCO this past week and was pleased with the helpful service. Used it departing today and was anticlimactic as there was no line at either Clear or Precheck. Biometrics worked fine though and am cautiously optimistic about the potential benefits at other stations.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:54 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
That would be Center Checkpoint #3...the one open 24 hours. Though I'm sure CLEAR won't be 24/7 (nor is PreCheck at that Checkpoint...but Pre is open the longest at #3 of any of the checkpoints at SEA). Checkpoint 2 (one down to the south and just behind United's ticket counter) is better for most of DL's gates at SEA...mostly in the South satellite, the A gates and a few in B. But checkpoint 2 is usually shut down by 6pm (or sooner).

Checkpoint 3 is I guess a decent compromise since neither of the big fish (at SEA) got everything..you have to walk quite a ways to access the lion's share of the gates of the 2 largest carriers .. AS and DL.
Checkpoint 2 had a Clear lane today, although I didn't see anyone using it. The entrance was directly beside the pre entrance - i.e. between pre and premium screening. The actual clear kiosks are somewhat further than the TDC for pre (I'm not sure if they were enabled, the screens looked dark although I wasn't particularly close).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.