Delta Orders 75 CS100's

Old Jul 13, 17, 10:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE100K, 1MM, NH, DL, AA, GE/Nexus, APEC..
Assume some of you knew about this back in March. Obviously not DL, but still interesting.

Bombardier completes CS100 flight between London City, New York JFK

http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/n...ardiercom.html

https://leehamnews.com/2017/03/27/cs...certification/

http://atwonline.com/manufacturers/b...y-new-york-jfk
Old Jul 14, 17, 12:26 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
Assume some of you knew about this back in March. Obviously not DL, but still interesting.

Bombardier completes CS100 flight between London City, New York JFK

http://www.bombardier.com/en/media/n...ardiercom.html

https://leehamnews.com/2017/03/27/cs...certification/

http://atwonline.com/manufacturers/b...y-new-york-jfk
Interesting. I'd be curious to see how a CS100 would be configured for a long-haul route like LCY-JFK. The article indicated the flight was flown with a 'payload representing 40 passengers in business class,' so it seems they're implying an all-J configuration.

This would make sense since really only business travellers would care about the time savings of flying into LCY instead of LHR/LGW.

I suppose the CS100 could even fly into/out of LGA if they arranged a pre-clearance scheme at LCY. (Not that airlines would want to subject themselves to the LaGuardia logjam given EC 261/2004, or that LGA would offer an appreciable time savings over JFK.)
Old Jul 14, 17, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ruckzac View Post
Interesting. I'd be curious to see how a CS100 would be configured for a long-haul route like LCY-JFK. The article indicated the flight was flown with a 'payload representing 40 passengers in business class,' so it seems they're implying an all-J configuration.

This would make sense since really only business travellers would care about the time savings of flying into LCY instead of LHR/LGW.

I suppose the CS100 could even fly into/out of LGA if they arranged a pre-clearance scheme at LCY. (Not that airlines would want to subject themselves to the LaGuardia logjam given EC 261/2004, or that LGA would offer an appreciable time savings over JFK.)
LGA has a perimeter rule. Could only fly into LGA on Saturdays.
Old Jul 14, 17, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, Marriott LTPlat, Hertz PC
How about some CS100 lovin' for BOS?
Old Aug 14, 17, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New York, L.A. Seen by Delta as Bases for Newest Bombardier Jet

Bloomberg - By Michael Sasso and Frederic Tomesco

August 14, 2017, 5:00 AM EDT August 14, 2017, 12:41 PM EDT

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-l-a-new-york
Old Aug 14, 17, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL DM; HZ PC; Natl Exec Elite; SPG; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by 24left View Post
New York, L.A. Seen by Delta as Bases for Newest Bombardier Jet

Bloomberg - By Michael Sasso and Frederic Tomesco

August 14, 2017, 5:00 AM EDT August 14, 2017, 12:41 PM EDT

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-l-a-new-york
Interesting that Dallas got mentioned specifically - I would love to see this on LGA-DFW. I wonder if that's why my October flight went to a mainline A319
Old Aug 14, 17, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wonder if DL will produce one of these stunning aerial videos

Also, LX produced another video welcoming their first CS100 and there are some great scenes from the flight deck and of the cabin interior.

Looking forward to Delta's new arrivals.
Old Aug 14, 17, 4:12 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott
Originally Posted by manacit View Post
Interesting that Dallas got mentioned specifically - I would love to see this on LGA-DFW. I wonder if that's why my October flight went to a mainline A319
I think DL is using this plane in places where it wants to steal more customers. Indeed, with 2-3 in coach + IFE + 2ku wifi this plane has features that no US airline can match.

I guess Delta would like to poach some Dallas passengers.

However, this plane doesn't come online until next Summer. I doubt it has anything to do with your flight in October.
Old Aug 14, 17, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Makes a lot of sense. NYC-TX should never be on a RJ. DL has a chance to further poach DFW traffic from AA here.

@kjnangre I guess great minds think alike.
Old Aug 14, 17, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by kjnangre View Post
I think DL is using this plane in places where it wants to steal more customers. Indeed, with 2-3 in coach + IFE + 2ku wifi this plane has features that no US airline can match.

I guess Delta would like to poach some Dallas passengers.

However, this plane doesn't come online until next Summer. I doubt it has anything to do with your flight in October.

I figured they might switch the flight over to mainline at some point (long before the CS100 actually came out) and build up a bigger base in DFW before trying to poach customers, but I probably don't know what I'm talking about

I've done LGA-DFW-LGA in F twice this year, not the worst experience in 2A honestly. Especially if you can swing a hot meal.

Very excited either way

Last edited by manacit; Aug 14, 17 at 4:38 pm
Old Aug 14, 17, 4:28 pm

I figured they might switch the flight over to mainline at some point (long before the CS100 actually came out) and build up a bigger base in DFW before trying to poach customers, but I probably don't know what I'm talking about

I've done LGA-DFW-LGA in F twice this year, not the worst experience in 2A honestly. Especially if you can swing a hot meal

Very excited either way
Old Aug 14, 17, 4:32 pm

I've done LGA-DFW-LGA in F on a RJ twice this year, not the worst experience in 2A honestly. Especially if you can swing a hot meal.

Very excited either way
Gotcha. Upgrading your plane may well be part of the same strategy for DFW. The 319 fleet remains a work in progress, but a majority of the fleet now has IFE/2ku at every seat, making it fairly attractive
Old Aug 14, 17, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold

I've done LGA-DFW-LGA in F twice this year, not the worst experience in 2A honestly. Especially if you can swing a hot meal.

Very excited either way
DL knows that it can't compete with AA at DFW on a grand scale, but with how bad AA can be, there's an opening for them to go after high-end business traffic to major cities. I wouldn't be surprised if they selectively added a few flights here and there. Maybe RDU, BNA, SEA, BOS, SFO, DEN.
Old Aug 14, 17, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by WWads View Post
DL knows that it can't compete with AA at DFW on a grand scale, but with how bad AA can be, there's an opening for them to go after high-end business traffic to major cities. I wouldn't be surprised if they selectively added a few flights here and there. Maybe RDU, BNA, SEA, BOS, SFO, DEN.
Agreed, tho I'm not too sure about those last 2 cities in your list. Flying from one competitor's fortress hub to another competitor's fortress hub is a very hard route to sell.
Old Aug 14, 17, 5:11 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Can't wait to test one out!

Search this Thread