Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sweet MQM credit from cheap KL fare

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2016, 12:36 am
Original Poster

Sweet MQM credit from cheap KL fare

Flew this week SIN -DPS on KL. Got a really good fare, $38 each way. As PM, got 9x that amount in RDM, 342, but was credited the actual distance flown, 1041 miles, in MQM. . Since I value the MQMs much more, this was a nice surprise. I guess that's the way the rules are written, but am pretty sure it's the first time I got more MQMs than RDMs.
Old Apr 23, 2016, 6:24 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Interesting flight. I flew a RT a number of years ago on KL from TPE/BKK. Not sure if they still have that flight.

It was on a B747 mixed passenger / freighter. I remember the FA at the back of the plane telling me - and showing me that, they had a pallet of baby chicks, and some got loose!

Old Apr 23, 2016, 4:02 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by ConcordeOrphan
I am pretty sure it's the first time I got more MQMs than RDMs.
This has become a rather common occurrence, even for Diamond members. On PHX-YYJ R/T in V, one may get something like 1200 miles for a $190 ticket (base fare is $108; remainder is taxes) but 3,200 MQM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.