Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SCL SC upon arrival?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:10 am
Original Poster

SCL SC upon arrival?

Paid J ticket USA > SCL (also a DM). Anyone know if I can get into the SC to take a shower? Are there other arrivals facilities?

Thanks
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:16 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by WhiskeyBravo
Paid J ticket USA > SCL (also a DM). Anyone know if I can get into the SC to take a shower? Are there other arrivals facilities?

Thanks
You will get arrive landside after immigration, etc. and the SC is airside so you won't be able to use it. Don't know what else might be available as I've always gone straight out of the airport.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
No SCL Arrivals facilities. People who are in the departure area have already completed Chile exit formalities or are in int'l transit and never enter the country.

If you are flying on a national flight, that side of the airport has a Pacific Club (Priority Pass affiliated) and it has a spartan shower. You need a BP to get through the security checkpoint.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Deleted (duplicate)
Old Feb 3, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: DL DM
Bumping old thread...flying ATL-SCL shortly, then catching another int'l flight SCL-MDZ on JetSmart. Would I be able to access the DL SC for arrivals/shower purposes after clearing Customs and re-entering the secure area for my SCL-MDZ flight? Or is the SC in a different area than my MDZ departure will be?
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
Bumping old thread...flying ATL-SCL shortly, then catching another int'l flight SCL-MDZ on JetSmart. Would I be able to access the DL SC for arrivals/shower purposes after clearing Customs and re-entering the secure area for my SCL-MDZ flight? Or is the SC in a different area than my MDZ departure will be?
You will be on the international departures area. SC is in that area.
MikeNYC1 likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by MikeNYC1
is JetSmart part of ST? The ST lounge finder shows the lounge operated by DL with access for aerolinaArgentina, DL, AM, and KL.
3 Priority Pass lounges.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by mot29

is JetSmart part of ST? The ST lounge finder shows the lounge operated by DL with access for aerolinaArgentina, DL, AM, and KL.
3 Priority Pass lounges.
Nope, but as I'm coming in on DL that day, I believe that Amex Platinum will grant me access regardless of it being a departure or arrival. From what I read, just STE+ access method differentiates between an arrival or departure access.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:30 am

Update: was denied access using Amex Plat. Arrived on a redeye, while continuing flight was on a different carrier.

My understanding is that access for arrivals is permitted for all methods except STE+. The agent finally relented and made a “one time exception”. :/

edit to clarify: the sticking point seems to be that a redeye flight is not “same day” in their eyes. I’ve never had a problem in the past, and Delta has no official guidance on this that I have found.

Last edited by MikeNYC1; Feb 8, 2019 at 10:09 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.