Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Someone else's $800 Ecredit in my account question

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2016, 1:01 am
Original Poster

I booked 2 flights to NRT about a month ago and was checking to see if I had any unused Ecerts, low and behold there is an $800 cert (designated as a DBC) for a persons name that isn't mine, no relation, and unknown to me with an expiration of 11/05/16.

I called Delta and told them about it and I was actually given a $100 cert for being "honest" but now 5 weeks later it is still in my account. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or if I should try to use it.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by DerikG
I booked 2 flights to NRT about a month ago and was checking to see if I had any unused Ecerts, low and behold there is an $800 cert (designated as a DBC) for a persons name that isn't mine, no relation, and unknown to me with an expiration of 11/05/16.

I called Delta and told them about it and I was actually given a $100 cert for being "honest" but now 5 weeks later it is still in my account. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts or if I should try to use it.
I definitely would NOT use it. Especially given they compensated you with a $100 "thanks for being honest" voucher.

It is in someone elses name so I am not even sure you could use it if you wanted to. But it is ethically wrong and Delta could penalize your FF account etc. given the voucher does not have your name on it and wasn't issued to you for denied boarding.

I closed an amex and they refunded the annual fee. I found it impossible to use my companion cert and that was why they refunded the full annual fee. I notified amex and the DM desk that I have no intent to use the companion cert and they should please remove it from my account because of the full refund.

5 months later it is still open and there but I won't use it. I will let it expire if nothing else because that is the honest thing to do, as well as what I committed to. I woulf suggest you leave it and not attempt to use your travel voucher either.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:50 am

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
It's not quite the same, but other people's flights show up occasionly on my Gmail calender.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by btonkid12345
I definitely would NOT use it. Especially given they compensated you with a $100 "thanks for being honest" voucher.

It is in someone elses name so I am not even sure you could use it if you wanted to. But it is ethically wrong and Delta could penalize your FF account etc. given the voucher does not have your name on it and wasn't issued to you for denied boarding.

I closed an amex and they refunded the annual fee. I found it impossible to use my companion cert and that was why they refunded the full annual fee. I notified amex and the DM desk that I have no intent to use the companion cert and they should please remove it from my account because of the full refund.

5 months later it is still open and there but I won't use it. I will let it expire if nothing else because that is the honest thing to do, as well as what I committed to. I woulf suggest you leave it and not attempt to use your travel voucher either.
I would agree completely. I feel bad for "John Doe" (name changed to protect the innocent who's cert ended up in my account as I would guess he didn't get.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 10:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Originally Posted by RRDD
It's not quite the same, but other people's flights show up occasionly on my Gmail calender.
That happens to me on occasion when someone emails me their flight info. Sometimes Google is too smart for itself.
Old Apr 22, 2016, 4:27 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by DerikG

Old Apr 22, 2016, 8:46 pm
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
Try posting the name guys name in this thread and perhaps they will claim it from Delta via phone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.